Ugliest Putter of All-Time?

I came across this gem

773406879cb73f8018224926c2cb9b5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually owned this back in 2016... the PING Scottsdale TR Craz-E.
It's not the ugliest thing out there, but has a really awkward shape and when you look down on it, the 2 holes on either side of the alignment area aren't symmetrical and have different shapes. There are also just too many creases and folds on the thing. A rare design miss by PING in my opinion (and don't ask me why I bought it!).

I played the Ping G5i CRAZ-E C (what is it with me and long putter names?) for ten years. It was terrific and probably forced me into center-shafted putters for the rest of my life.

1628998040752.png

I knew as soon as I saw there was more than one reply that I didn't need to come in and name the Truss. :LOL: There are some other butt ugly putters in this thread, but the Truss grosses me out more than any of them.

I knew as soon as I saw there was more than one reply that I didn't need to come in and name the Truss. :LOL: There are some other butt ugly putters in this thread, but the Truss grosses me out more than any of them.
E54A797E-A712-4EC3-9A95-C1C23A45EBB5.jpeg

The size. Of. A. Dinner. Plate. :LOL:

1629030808514.jpeg
Three putting where no man has three putted before. 😒

Cleveland Smart Square. Had a buddy that played one for a short time. They didn’t roll half bad but I just couldn’t look down at that thing all day. No way.

DC8664C1-A11C-46FF-897F-AEF581DAEE46.jpeg

One of the easiest to align putters of all time.

But don'cha think the squares are weird? I looked at it, and thought that's one way of getting around the two ball patent.

I thought Directed Force LAB or "The Garden Hoe" was fairly ugly and then I saw some putter pics here ... The DF looks good in comparison, if that is possible.

One of the easiest to align putters of all time.

I agree 100%. It was not a bad design from a function standpoint at all. Just could not get down with the look of it. His alignment with putter was awful back then and this really helped him. He uses a 2 ball now. Not exactly the prettiest putter out there either but can’t argue with their results. Function always tops form in my book. But something about those squares just made me go “Ewww” 🤷‍♂️

Cleveland Smart Square. Had a buddy that played one for a short time. They didn’t roll half bad but I just couldn’t look down at that thing all day. No way.

View attachment 9022432
I have (and still use when I'm putting poorly) the Smart Square "Blade"... and IMHO it is twice as ugly as this one.
But it still one of the best putters that I've ever owned and will never get rid of it.
Besides who would want this...

s-l500.jpg

I have (and still use when I'm putting poorly) the Smart Square "Blade"... and IMHO it is twice as ugly as this one.
But it still one of the best putters that I've ever owned and will never get rid of it.
Besides who would want this...

View attachment 9022442

Slap some 2 Ball white circles on there and it may improve the look and maybe the alignment even more. Excuse my poor iPhone photo edit skills. Put yours on straight. 🤦‍♂️

6A40DF4B-A3BA-429A-ABB5-A7CA4F758078.jpeg

I don't want to even discuss this one ... :oops:

Screen Shot 2021-08-15 at 11.13.44 AM.png

I legit was in shock when I saw JB using a Cure in Minnesota years ago. Just a crazy looking putter.

My vote probably goes to the Scotty Futura though.

Back