UiHi feels light so.....

pinseeker

"Non renunciare mai quello che desideri"
Reaction score
Handicap
TBD
after re-shafting my UiHi 3 with UST Recoil 760 ES, it felt light, I finally had access to swing weight scale and it comes out to C7 1/2. I added three 4 inch lengths of lead tape which should bring in the ball park of D0. I will take it out to the course next week, but if feels pretty good right now, even slightly heavier than my ICON set's 4I. I like working with rolls of lead foil as it is easy to add and/or remove a piece at a time if you are careful. It probably would have been tiny bit heavier if it were not for my having mid sized grips but probably not enough to really matter. I can feel a SW change of 2 or more points.

Attachments

• IMG_20200927_134254269.jpg
    IMG_20200927_134254269.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 18
Not the most beautiful thang...but as JMAN sez...."tool - not jewel".... I thought about putting hot glue or tungsten powder in the port on the toe, but not sure that is it's purpose and obviously not practical in case I wanted to tinker a bit more. As you can see, I am not exactly a skilled craftsman or club builder. Some put tape just above hosel, but to me that might throw things off a bit.

Can't wait to try one out once they add it to the demo program.

I am guessing that the lead tape you use is not the high density stuff. I use the HD tape and that amount would have got it up to around D3.

Can't wait to try one out once they add it to the demo program.

I am guessing that the lead tape you use is not the high density stuff. I use the HD tape and that amount would have got it up to around D3.
good point. I was going by the info from Tom Wishon. Upon closer examination of the tape packaging, I notice it is in fact HD. I need to get the club back to a scale and re-measure. Wishon and several internet sites say that 4 inches equates to a single SW change. The only thing they stipulate is that the tape is 1/2 inch wide. If you are correct, I can always remove a little. I could buy my own scale, but doubt if I would use it all that often. I did notice that Golf Works has an economy scale for only $59 consisting of a flat bar with a balance point and a weight that just sits on top of a channel. They claim that is is adequate. The most used scale is the one similar in design by Mr. Adams which costs about $150-$199. Digital scales are a couple hundred more. As for D3, I haven't tried it yet, but it feels really good in dry swings.

good point. I was going by the info from Tom Wishon. Upon closer examination of the tape packaging, I notice it is in fact HD. I need to get the club back to a scale and re-measure. Wishon and several internet sites say that 4 inches equates to a single SW change. The only thing they stipulate is that the tape is 1/2 inch wide. If you are correct, I can always remove a little. I could buy my own scale, but doubt if I would use it all that often. I did notice that Golf Works has an economy scale for only $59 consisting of a flat bar with a balance point and a weight that just sits on top of a channel. They claim that is is adequate. The most used scale is the one similar in design by Mr. Adams which costs about $150-$199. Digital scales are a couple hundred more. As for D3, I haven't tried it yet, but it feels really good in dry swings.

That is correct for the regular tape (2" = 1 gram). The high density tape is one gram per inch so two inches of that is one swing weight point.

That is correct for the regular tape (2" = 1 gram). The high density tape is one gram per inch so two inches of that is one swing weight point.
Thanks. You are correct. fwiw, I did re-weigh and it came out to D0. So, I must have cut the strips shorter than 4 inches. (or the QC standards on the tape packaging are wrong). On a side note, my set 4I is also D0 BUT the shaft is plus 1/2 inch and the grip is midsize. In any event, D0 was my target, so whatever happened, all is well. All my clubs have the same shaft (UST Recoil ES 760 F2 except for the wedges which are DG s400. For my age (78) and athletic ability, this seems about right, albeit I have not been professionally fitted.

Back