UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

afraid I am not coming from Essex mate, I am working away and coming straight from a trade show. sorry :(

Right o mate - no worries. Ill sort something:act-up:

Ok then...

I'll collect the Swedes at Heathrow - and Dirk will deliver the Dane.

Ok then...

I'll collect the Swedes at Heathrow - and Dirk will deliver the Dane.
Waiting on a thumbs up from the Swedette but the plan seems solid.. Except for limiting her shopping in London.. That might be the troublesome part.. :)

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

Waiting on a thumbs up from the Swedette but the plan seems solid.. Except for limiting her shopping in London.. That might be the troublesome part.. :)

If it helps, Bristol (near where we will be) has some pretty awesome shopping areas too?

If it helps, Bristol (near where we will be) has some pretty awesome shopping areas too?

Car space is the challenge! All this golf kit and golfers fills the car up pretty quick! You going back to Essex on Monday Charlie? I got a massive tall Dane in need of a lift to Heathrow after the golf....

Car space is the challenge! All this golf kit and golfers fills the car up pretty quick! You going back to Essex on Monday Charlie? I got a massive tall Dane in need of a lift to Heathrow after the golf....
My diary is unplanned for that week so far, I need to talk to my boss about it, but if I am going home then sure I will drop him at Heathrow!

My diary is unplanned for that week so far, I need to talk to my boss about it, but if I am going home then sure I will drop him at Heathrow!
You Essex boys work too hard...

although in fairness - he was second last time..so could win?

In which case - he can bloody walk:angry:

You Essex boys work too hard...

although in fairness - he was second last time..so could win?

In which case - he can bloody walk:angry:
We do work far too hard!

well in which case we should take him further into Wales and see if he can survive with the locals!

I am off to St Pierre in the morning and be sure to let you all know how it's playing, looking etc!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have just found out that I won't be playing any golf up until this event, due to the most craziest diary ever. Not played for 2 weeks either, so what's that 5 to 6 weeks of no golf before this event! Just putting my excuse out there now, early doors :)

ery8a7eg.jpg

18th at St Pierre is a par 3 beast 236yds into the wind!

Well I was right, another rubbish round of golf on Sat, ripped up the card and was sitting on 10.5/11 this morning. Took my round seriously today though and finished with an 80(+8) so should be back down to 9.9 :act-up:

Great comeback, Will!

Since my HIO every shot from the tee is like wrestling a bear with chainsaws! Can't seem to hit the ball good with any club..
Hopefully a couple of hours at the range and a round tomorrow might straighten that out.. Otherwise I'll be taking some lessons in the next couple of days.. Hcp up at 14.9 right now.. :banghead:

18th at St Pierre is a par 3 beast 236yds into the wind!

Pah!

Flick with a 2 iron for you.

For me?

Driver
Find it
Drop it
Wedge

:banghead:

Well I was right, another rubbish round of golf on Sat, ripped up the card and was sitting on 10.5/11 this morning. Took my round seriously today though and finished with an 80(+8) so should be back down to 9.9 :act-up:

Tidy - as our Welsh Bretheren would say.

Pah!

For me?

Driver
Find it
Drop it
Wedge

Heehee!! :)

A well hammered 3 wood just made it to the front left edge!

It was a great few days you guys will have some fun. Hotel and food were both very good. Championship course was in great condition but 2 of the greens had been relaid but they have done it well and it it doesn't detract from the rest of the course, yes they play differently but it's only 2 holes the 1st and 7th I think. The rough was the biggest challenge. It was only about 3" thick and looked nothing from the tee but it was that tournament grade rough where the ball just sinks in it so keep a good line on everything! Even if you are only a yard in it can be difficult to find them, when you do take your medicine and move on. On the odd occasion that the ball does sit up in it you can go with any thing you like! :)

The Mathern course has some nice holes but in general it has a very tired feel to it as the tee boxes are very scruffy. I don't want to disappoint you guys before you go but just be open minded about that course. We actually really enjoyed it and some really fun holes but very different from its bigger well groomed brother!

You guys will have a blast.

Heehee!! :)

It was a great few days you guys will have some fun. Hotel and food were both very good. Championship course was in great condition but 2 of the greens had been relaid but they have done it well and it it doesn't detract from the rest of the course, yes they play differently but it's only 2 holes the 1st and 7th I think. The rough was the biggest challenge. It was only about 3" thick and looked nothing from the tee but it was that tournament grade rough where the ball just sinks in it so keep a good line on everything! Even if you are only a yard in it can be difficult to find them, when you do take your medicine and move on. On the odd occasion that the ball does sit up in it you can go with any thing you like! :)

The Mathern course has some nice holes but in general it has a very tired feel to it as the tee boxes are very scruffy. I don't want to disappoint you guys before you go but just be open minded about that course. We actually really enjoyed it and some really fun holes but very different from its bigger well groomed brother!

Nice info Geo - Thanks!

To all cuppers - I remind you. Provisional Balls are free and almost always worth it:beat-up:

Great comeback, Will!

Since my HIO every shot from the tee is like wrestling a bear with chainsaws! Can't seem to hit the ball good with any club..
Hopefully a couple of hours at the range and a round tomorrow might straighten that out.. Otherwise I'll be taking some lessons in the next couple of days.. Hcp up at 14.9 right now.. :banghead:

Thank you, hopefully the tide has turned and I have my game face on again. There has been a bit of a Tom Hanks virus spreading through our club at the moment, quite a few guys struggling. Three handicapper has decided to stop playing completely for a couple of weeks and pulled out of comps because of it.

Nice analogy, obviously a Swedish thing to do, no bears here to wrestle. Hopefully your golf in Wales will be a walk in the park, picking up daffodils.

Good to know, thanks Geo

No worries stu, sorry for the delay!
Thought I would share some images of two putters that have just come through my door, one was made for my nan who recently passed away, and the other is a handmade brass beauty. My two right handed demo models are HOPEFULLY going to be here in time for the summer cup! Fingers crossed!
qe5e3uhe.jpg

7uqymeve.jpg

hyze5a5u.jpg

ehy4ara9.jpg

enu3y8ys.jpg

e9apyja9.jpg

gerymejy.jpg

And some mean looking tools as well!
y9u9yhat.jpg

ymazubat.jpg
Sweet putters. I really like the face milling and the green shaft is cool.

Pah!

For me?

Driver
Find it
Drop it
Wedge

265? that's an easy wedge shot. Of course I can only do that if I'm less than 40 yards out.

You're only a few weeks away from teeing off. It's been fun following along. I'm looking forward to the pictures and hopefully a few vines.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Getting close, looking forward to meeting new faces, did we decide on some team head wear, I seem to think it was mentioned quite a while back, or was that our team name?

Its an age thing, I forget things, who are you again, Nurse, its gone dark....

Really nice balls and shirt.. Soon we will be hitting those pink ones out of bounds.. :)

Getting close, looking forward to meeting new faces, did we decide on some team head wear, I seem to think it was mentioned quite a while back, or was that our team name?

Its an age thing, I forget things, who are you again, Nurse, its gone dark....

Who said that?

Back