UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

Stu, gutted you guys will not be coming out to play tomorrow and hope you both get mended fast!

I have the 2 iron back in the bag for tomorrow so the wind can do its worst, it should be a lot of fun!...oh yeah and a new driver to test out so no pressure there!! :rockon:

New driver.....what you been getting now? Or is it the TM SLDR in your sig?

New driver.....what you been getting now? Or is it the TM SLDR in your sig?

Just have it on demo at the moment from my mate at AG. Tried it out yesterday with the shaft I hand custom fitted for my R1 and it went like a dream so going to give it a bash tomorrow and then if all is good it will be in the bag for the club match at the weekend. I know a lot of people have said the SLDR is unforgiving but I did not see this, dispersion was super tight and the low spin high launch flight I am sure will pick me up a few yards. Very excited about getting into play. Before I buy though I will try and get to TM to get it properly fit as I feel this driver can do some serious stuff and I am only going by eye and feel at the moment!

Will be interested to see how you get on with the SLDR then if you aren't having any issues with forgiveness, but maybe the head/shaft combo you have got is getting you the best out of it

Custom fitting is going to be the next thing I think I will need to get my game heading in the direction I want - I might try and get booked in for the Direct Golf MOT to see if the new swing changes I am working through mean I need to look at having the lie angles adjusted slightly on my irons

Regardless, once I am able to be in a position to afford new irons, custom fitting will be the way I go to make sure everything is right for me

Custom fitting certainly helps on so many levels and probably more important for us mere mortals than it is for the Tour Pro's, also helps to minimise the bad shot so it becomes less destructive.

Like you I have gone through the swing change process and so far it has been really positive. Just a shame with the wet winter and hardly playing for 3 months and then getting flu (in bed for a week and 7 weeks on still not feeling right!) it put things back from where I wanted to be at this stage of the season! My friend at AG said he can get me booked in at TM, hoping that he can so if the SLDR works over the next few rounds I can get the maximum out of it. It really is a seriously good driver! I think I have it at 11* but the R1 sleeve has different markings and a few guys on here told me how to work it out, THP knowledge bank!! The Direct Golf near me seems well kitted out with decent monitors, much better than AG. There was a UK guy on here that does club fitting so maybe worth hitting him up for some advice, I will have to try and find his name?

If it is uphill, maybe a 6i will be needed instead of a 7i :D

Sounds about right for you mate - 3 wood, 6i, 3 putts....

Me - Driver, 6i, Sand wedge, Sand wedge, Sand wedge, CIGAR...., Sandwedge, 1 putt saves the 8

Stu, gutted you guys will not be coming out to play tomorrow and hope you both get mended fast!

I have the 2 iron back in the bag for tomorrow so the wind can do its worst, it should be a lot of fun!...oh yeah and a new driver to test out so no pressure there!! :rockon:

Gutted too. Cracking course by all accounts. Leave driver at home. 2 iron is the way.

Have a crackin' time!

Sounds about right for you mate - 3 wood, 6i, 3 putts....

Me - Driver, 6i, Sand wedge, Sand wedge, Sand wedge, CIGAR...., Sandwedge, 1 putt saves the 8

That last finishing hole will be fun to see since I bet everyone will stick around looking at the following groups. Perfect time for some video recordings as well! :popcorn:

That last finishing hole will be fun to see since I bet everyone will stick around looking at the following groups. Perfect time for some video recordings as well! :popcorn:

At that distance, I can't see many people hitting the green.....never mind closest to the pin, maybe there should be a prize for whoever manages to hit the green :bulgy-eyes:

Custom fitting certainly helps on so many levels and probably more important for us mere mortals than it is for the Tour Pro's, also helps to minimise the bad shot so it becomes less destructive.

Like you I have gone through the swing change process and so far it has been really positive. Just a shame with the wet winter and hardly playing for 3 months and then getting flu (in bed for a week and 7 weeks on still not feeling right!) it put things back from where I wanted to be at this stage of the season! My friend at AG said he can get me booked in at TM, hoping that he can so if the SLDR works over the next few rounds I can get the maximum out of it. It really is a seriously good driver! I think I have it at 11* but the R1 sleeve has different markings and a few guys on here told me how to work it out, THP knowledge bank!! The Direct Golf near me seems well kitted out with decent monitors, much better than AG. There was a UK guy on here that does club fitting so maybe worth hitting him up for some advice, I will have to try and find his name?

The first thing I have noticed with the swing change is I am now seeing more right-to-left shots rather than left-to-right, so I need to get my head around setting my aim the other side of the fairway/pin compared to before - this really killed me on Monday a few times when I forgot.... :beat-up:

I have got a few places around here where I can head for fittings for specific OEMs, Close House stock a few different OEM's including TM and Callaway, Rockliffe Hall just down the road from me is a Cleveland fitting centre, one of the clubs I drive past everyday is a Ping authorised fitting centre - just a shame I haven't got somewhere that carries everything.....

If I want a bigger range of fitting options I will probably need to head south I suspect

The last hole at St Pierre is a fantastic hole, you will all love it! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At that distance, I can't see many people hitting the green.....never mind closest to the pin, maybe there should be a prize for whoever manages to hit the green :bulgy-eyes:

That might actually be a good price.. Even though i will not be near it.. I´ll take the ElBandito route but with snus instead of cigars! ;)
But maybe closest to pin actually can be counted outside the green aswell!?

The last hole at St Pierre is a fantastic hole, you will all love it! :)

Have sent Rush instructions on your lunch time fines....

Oh hell does that mean I will not be able to drive home?

Oh hell does that mean I will not be able to drive home?

I've seen you drive...take the 2 iron.:bashful:

Everybody good?

I am going to be doing the maths over the weekend - so any one a bit behind on payments - slap 'em in please!

How's the back Stu? Are you better? My lad and I qualified for Close House again at the weekend in a greensome event, he's a dream to play with, his short game and putting showed me what I need to work on!! Hope you all have a blast with your weekend, getting quite jealous of you all!!

Everybody good?

I am going to be doing the maths over the weekend - so any one a bit behind on payments - slap 'em in please!

End of the month for me if that's OK, having to juggle and keep SWMBO happy and I have the Belfry this week still and Hillside next week, she ain't happy!

How's the back Stu? Are you better? My lad and I qualified for Close House again at the weekend in a greensome event, he's a dream to play with, his short game and putting showed me what I need to work on!! Hope you all have a blast with your weekend, getting quite jealous of you all!!

Crag - yep. Back to my old self. So apart from the woods, irons, wedges and putters, I am kicking butt.

Big challenge match this weekend - 2 editors of Golf Monthly dropping by for a 4BBB against me and a mate (I may accidentally of selected the assistant pro:act-up:)

End of the month for me if that's OK, having to juggle and keep SWMBO happy and I have the Belfry this week still and Hillside next week, she ain't happy!

Not a bother. Happy to provide the letter saying it is all for charity and costing 4.99 tops as required:act-up:

Big challenge match this weekend - 2 editors of Golf Monthly dropping by for a 4BBB against me and a mate (I may accidentally of selected the assistant pro:act-up:)

So not only are you name dropping and hanging around with Golf journos...a slippery slope but you then employ local knowledge and skill...you are living up to your name El bandito LOL

Seriously though glad to hear your back is on the mend , and take the Golf Monthly fellas money !

So not only are you name dropping and hanging around with Golf journos...a slippery slope but you then employ local knowledge and skill...you are living up to your name El bandito LOL

Oh Yes!

Name dropping is a key strength! Did I mention I saw Anton du Bek at Wentworth the other day? (See - I'm good!)

The GM boys are both handy golfers - and nice blokes to boot, but yep will certainly try to relieve them of a few quid! Big bonus is a bit of twitter banter - which is handy for the marketing director of his home club..:clapp:

Crag - yep. Back to my old self. So apart from the woods, irons, wedges and putters, I am kicking butt.

Not a bother. Happy to provide the letter saying it is all for charity and costing 4.99 tops as required:act-up:

Nice, are we going to see you in print anytime soon? Glad you're back to health!

Challenge match complete.

My partner was young assistant pro. He was relaxed when we agreed 5,5,5 (i.e. 5 for the front, five for the back and five for the match)

We ended the front 9 2up. The GM guys came storming back on the back. As we stood on 17 - 2 down for the back and A/S in the match - I said to the Assistant Pro. "C'mon - win these two holes and we both walk away a grand up!"

Watching the realisation that we were talking 500 (c/a 800 bucks for our American readers) per nine holes sweep across his face was a picture.:clown:

(those that know me will be aware that there is more chance of me winning the Masters than there is of me wagering £1500 on a round of golf) - the GM boys quickly picked up the gag - and my partner was very pale as he prepared to play his tee shot...

In fairness - he hit a good one!

We then put him out of his misery.

We lost 17 and therefore the back 9 - but he won the last - making the match - and the bet all square.

Jezz and Mike from GM are both real Gents to play with and handy golfers. We had a cracking day out (glorious weather). I even managed to win the odd hole (got to love the handicap system!) and not disgrace myself.

Back