UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

Just ordered new driver and irons, delivery time two weeks... and only two rounds at the golf course so far this year, why make life easy??? :banghead:

Won these on the bay last night...
jevysygy.jpg

They're society long drive markers. Shall i bring them along?

Won these on the bay last night...
jevysygy.jpg

They're society long drive markers. Shall i bring them along?

pretty sure they have some! But no harm in having them in the car though!

Stu you have funds!
OK guys good news! I thought I would treat you all, I recently started working for Xenon golf, and we make some of the finest handmade putters you will see. I have a couple of demo models that I will be bringing with me so you can all have a roll of them, and if you want (first come first serve) can use them in the cup if someone wanted.

Hey Charlie. No sign of dosh at this end. You might want to kick the bank.:beat-up:

Hey Charlie. No sign of dosh at this end. You might want to kick the bank.:beat-up:

Ah what! I am in bloody gran Caneria as well!

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

Ah what! I am in bloody gran Caneria as well!

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk
Lifestyles of the rich and famous!

Don't worry boss - I can always mug you for a putter....sort it when you get back.

Now - get yourself back to the Sun, Sea, Sangria and S...... - sorry, married, its gone.:beauty:

Can I employ a designated hitter for the pink ball competition ???? Pleeeeeaaaaaaase ????

I just don't know what I am going to get on any hole at the moment. Sundays round I three putted the first, so it was a 5, 5 and 5 start.
I get to the 4th, drive down the left side, sitting in longish first cut, shank right, push right, push right again to the 5th tee, chip down and on to the far fringe and then three putt.
Par 3 5th, pull left, chip out to a couple of feet, sink the par putt. Par the 6th. Double bogey the 7th.
On the green in one on the 8th, 12ft past the pin, hole is cut on a sort of crown on the green, my eagle putt burns the right edge and rolls 6in past, easy birdie.
Bogey the 9th.
Blade a chip on the 10th, hits the pin and stops a couple of foot away for a 5
Par 3 11th, push right of the green, chip into a bunker, out and across green, putt too hard back, hits the pin and stops 1in away for a 5.
Bogey the 12th, triple bogey the 13th, par the 14th and 15th.
Birdie the 16th, double bogey the 17th and birdie the last.

At the moment I think I can guarantee any playing partners a rollercoaster ride

Ian - sounds like an average round for me!

Sunstroke?

Strawboater - what is Carl's surname?

Hi guys! Can actually say that my form is getting better and better.. Lowered my handicap with 1.5 to 14.5 this weekend with some good scores on three different courses during the weekend..
And today I managed to make my first ever HIO.. :D

Can't wait to jet over the river and meet up with you all! I'm kind of on a "golf-high" right now! :banana:

Stu - it's Taylor.

Can I employ a designated hitter for the pink ball competition ???? Pleeeeeaaaaaaase ????

I just don't know what I am going to get on any hole at the moment. Sundays round I three putted the first, so it was a 5, 5 and 5 start.
I get to the 4th, drive down the left side, sitting in longish first cut, shank right, push right, push right again to the 5th tee, chip down and on to the far fringe and then three putt.
Par 3 5th, pull left, chip out to a couple of feet, sink the par putt. Par the 6th. Double bogey the 7th.
On the green in one on the 8th, 12ft past the pin, hole is cut on a sort of crown on the green, my eagle putt burns the right edge and rolls 6in past, easy birdie.
Bogey the 9th.
Blade a chip on the 10th, hits the pin and stops a couple of foot away for a 5
Par 3 11th, push right of the green, chip into a bunker, out and across green, putt too hard back, hits the pin and stops 1in away for a 5.
Bogey the 12th, triple bogey the 13th, par the 14th and 15th.
Birdie the 16th, double bogey the 17th and birdie the last.

At the moment I think I can guarantee any playing partners a rollercoaster ride

Hi guys! Can actually say that my form is getting better and better.. Lowered my handicap with 1.5 to 14.5 this weekend with some good scores on three different courses during the weekend..
And today I managed to make my first ever HIO.. :D

Can't wait to jet over the river and meet up with you all! I'm kind of on a "golf-high" right now! :banana:
As an interested observer I've noticed a bit of gamesmanship in these two posts. Will_I_Dream is following the El B train of thought and wants to lull the opposition into thinking he's not a threat. Whereas Almdudler is taking the opposite course.

Definitely interested in seeing how this plays out. Though the safe bet is probably that Swedette will steal the show.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

As an interested observer I've noticed a bit of gamesmanship in these two posts. Will_I_Dream is following the El B train of thought and wants to lull the opposition into thinking he's not a threat. Whereas Almdudler is taking the opposite course.

Definitely interested in seeing how this plays out. Though the safe bet is probably that Swedette will steal the show.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm just trying to intimidate my opponents a bit! ;) Haha
Which might be bad if wake up the old hook-monster in time for the event.. Any how I'm just here for the fun of it!

With her new clubs the Swedette will probably be known for hitting most fir and gir at least! :) That will probably be enough!

I don't think we should forego anything regarding El-B and Will-I-Dream either.. Those two will probably play "the golf of their lives" during this event!

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

Ha ha no gamesmanship here. Unfortunately I am playing some absolute rubbish and moved from 9.7 up to 10.3
Could be playing off 11 very soon :bad:

okay the excitement levels are building, less than a month to go
look like my strong shoulders will be put to good use propping everyone up from the foot of the table on both days

Stu I am home, but some very odd issues with my account (technical rubbish which Nationwide are trying to fix) What is your PayPal my friend and I will send it that way

Cheers

Well my last 3 rounds have been 88, 83 and 86 today so fingers crossed I am heading in the right direction

Looking forward to catching up with old faces and meeting new friends

Evening all...

Ian. Oh aye.
Duffer. Our very own Columbo.
Linus. Hole in One! Good work my man.
Neil. noted.
Charlie. Stuart.lennon@mtiuk.net worked ok for Strawboater once I got my head sorted.

Swedes. What are travel arrangements? We need to work out how to get you from one place to another. Having said that, a Longboat can get pretty close to Chepstow.

Carlsberg boy and I are warming up with 18 at Royal St George on the Friday and 27 at Princes on the Saturday. So will either be on top form or exhausted.

Form? Well, was involved in a match this weekend at The Mendip, a very pretty track in Somerset. Format was combined stableford matchplay, so total of two partners versus opponents per hole. We were 3 down after 6. Got to 1 down by 12th tee. Finally got off the tee properly. 75 yard pitch to six feet. Birdie. All Square.

13, missed the green. Chipped on, but 35 feet from the pin. Nailed it. One up.

We arrived at 17 one up. 155 yards down hill, surrounded by bunkers. Into wind. One opponent (10 HCP) puts it 20 feet short of pin. Club selection scary. Opt for firm 9. (Believe me, it's a long way down! 155 would be 7 iron for me usually) pin high, but way left. Just hanging on to bank at edge of green. Needs old fashioned chip and run. 8 iron.

Too hard!

Bang! Hits stick, drops in.

Lots of gritted teeth at handshake time! He he...

If you can't be good, be Lucky!

Have fun down on the Links Stu and send my regards to The Dane :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening all...

Linus. Hole in One! Good work my man.

Swedes. What are travel arrangements? We need to work out how to get you from one place to another. Having said that, a Longboat can get pretty close to Chepstow.

Thanks! :D

The travel arrangements are as follows:

The Swedette will be shopping in London a few days before the cup.. The arrangements are that she will most likely transport herself to Heathrow Terminal 3 were I'll land 8:45 in the morning on Sunday. Cleared the customs with my clubs hopefully intact at around 9:20-9:30 (Optimist!)..

So if we can get picked up by a friendly soul there it would be perfect otherwise we'll see what other transport that can be procured.. :zdance:(Yep, I can dance my way into a taxi)

We'll be leaving on the same flight home at 18:45 on tuesday..

Thanks! :D

The travel arrangements are as follows:

The Swedette will be shopping in London a few days before the cup.. The arrangements are that she will most likely transport herself to Heathrow Terminal 3 were I'll land 8:45 in the morning on Sunday. Cleared the customs with my clubs hopefully intact at around 9:20-9:30 (Optimist!)..

So if we can get picked up by a friendly soul there it would be perfect otherwise we'll see what other transport that can be procured.. :zdance:(Yep, I can dance my way into a taxi)

We'll be leaving on the same flight home at 18:45 on tuesday..

Right then:

We need.

1. Transport from LHR to Chepstow on the Sunday.
2. Transport to Accommodation on Monday night
3. Accommodation on Monday night
4. Activity - Golf perhaps on Tuesday
5. Transport from Activity to Airport on Tuesday

I have La Bandita, The Dane and 2 sets of clubs in my car for the Sunday and Monday night. So I need volunteers who can swing by LHR on Sunday - and then drop off somewhere en route on Monday night. I'm sure the Swedes would be happy to throw some cash into the fuel pot.

I will get cracking on the rest - need to check some things out...standby

Charlie - dough received. Thanks Bud.

No worries stu, sorry for the delay!
Thought I would share some images of two putters that have just come through my door, one was made for my nan who recently passed away, and the other is a handmade brass beauty. My two right handed demo models are HOPEFULLY going to be here in time for the summer cup! Fingers crossed!
qe5e3uhe.jpg

7uqymeve.jpg

hyze5a5u.jpg

ehy4ara9.jpg

enu3y8ys.jpg

e9apyja9.jpg

gerymejy.jpg

And some mean looking tools as well!
y9u9yhat.jpg

ymazubat.jpg

Whoops forgot the green shocker shaft! Hard to see but it is done through a mix of acids!
zymy5u5u.jpg

Whoops forgot the green shocker shaft! Hard to see but it is done through a mix of acids!
zymy5u5u.jpg

Like it - good looking!

I will have a wee bash with these babies in Chepstow.

Charlie - how are you for swinging through LHR to pick up Almdudler and the Suedette on Sunday? Doable?

Like it - good looking!

I will have a wee bash with these babies in Chepstow.

Charlie - how are you for swinging through LHR to pick up Almdudler and the Suedette on Sunday? Doable?
afraid I am not coming from Essex mate, I am working away and coming straight from a trade show. sorry :(

Back