UK Summer Cup 2014 - Details

Stu.....you cruel man.....

Brilliant!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't it Lee Trevino who said?

"You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket."

Hehe.......

Guys I'm playing both courses at St Pierre on 21/22 June so I will let you know how they are looking!

Guys I'm playing both courses at St Pierre on 21/22 June so I will let you know how they are looking!

Get some good pictures as well if you can! :)

Only 40 globe spins left!

Sent from my Ericsson Hotline 900

Will do!

Never mind pictures of the course, I am expecting a full review of the venue from GEO...... :alien:

Stu, I kept meaning to ask.....when do(did) you need the rest of the money paying by?

I will do my best Doc!

Hi de Hi campers!

Cash balances required....ummm dunno. The venue is not hassling me yet - but I guess they will soon.

All and any payments gratefully received please!

Hi de Hi campers!

Cash balances required....ummm dunno. The venue is not hassling me yet - but I guess they will soon.

All and any payments gratefully received please!

I have got a round on Sunday with Preston so I will see about getting the rest of the money from him and get it all sent over ASAP

First post doesn't include the cost, but it was £125 if I remember correctly? And I have paid £50 deposit (x2), so it should be another £75 you want from both myself and Preston

I have got a round on Sunday with Preston so I will see about getting the rest of the money from him and get it all sent over ASAP

First post doesn't include the cost, but it was £125 if I remember correctly? And I have paid £50 deposit (x2), so it should be another £75 you want from both myself and Preston

Plus 15 each for a Shirt. so - 90 each please - that's 200 for cash:act-up:

Updates....

1. Payments. Still waiting for some - Miz B, Doc, Preston, Will_, Big M. When you can please.
2. Shirts - Just waiting for confirmation on Lady sizes (The Swedette and a couple of non-playing guests - i.e. my missus and Dirko' missus) and will put the order in. Still not sure on colour...
3. Trophies. Firstly - with huge relief, rediscovered the 'Cup' - which had been put somewhere safe during home refurbs. Big hand to La Bandita for finally remembering where 'somewhere safe' was. Secondly - did some trophy shopping.
I may have got a tad carried away:banana:

So - there are prizes for:

1. Team competition.
2. Day 1. Longest drive.
3. Day 1. Nearest Pin.
4. Day 1. Strongest Golfer - i.e. the one so strong that he/she is holding up all the others above on the leader board:angry:
5. Day 1. 3rd place
6. Day 1. Runner Up
7. Day 1. Winner

Then....

8. Day 2. Longest Drive
9. Day 2. Nearest Pin
10. Day 2. Strongest Golfer
11. Day 2. 3rd place
12. Day 2. Runner Up
13. Day 2. Winner

Then

14. Overall 3rd place
15. Overall runner Up
16. Overall winner (+holding the cup until recontested)

So - there are 19 possibilities of getting something..and 17 players.:angel:...and I still haven't finalised sundry awards such as Tourist of the Tour etc....

A reminder on the format.

Day 1.

Individual Stableford.

3 balls first, then 4 balls.

No gimmes - it's just simpler. However - if you are out of a hole, pick up. If you hit a shot into the next county, play a provisional and don't waste loads of time on lost causes. We are playing late on Day 1 - and want to have dinner before breakfast. Slow players will be heavily fined.

Additionally - the Pink Ball competition. (Pink in honour of our first ever lady competitor) Each group competes as a team - equally sharing the pink ball.

As we are on late tees - Prizes and fines will take place after Dinner.

Day 2

Individual Stableford.

Groups will go out in reverse order from Day 1 standings. 3 balls first, then 4 balls. Again - no gimmes and no 5 minute pre shot routines. As everyone is driving, there will be no fines for slow play, I will simply punch you.:clapp: A fast game is a happy game!

On Day 2 - we are competing for the Day 2 trophies AND the overall competition - so regardless of performance on Day 1 there is still plenty to play for on Day 2.

Once the final group is in - scores will be tallied up and prizes awarded.

Honorary Referee for the event is Tom - AKA "The Dane" AKA "Carlsberg Boy" - who is a referee, tournament Director etc...

Its all coming together folks.....

Sorry El remind me what we owe? Will get it sorted for yoh

Stu you have funds!
OK guys good news! I thought I would treat you all, I recently started working for Xenon golf, and we make some of the finest handmade putters you will see. I have a couple of demo models that I will be bringing with me so you can all have a roll of them, and if you want (first come first serve) can use them in the cup if someone wanted.

Stu you have funds!
OK guys good news! I thought I would treat you all, I recently started working for Xenon golf, and we make some of the finest handmade putters you will see. I have a couple of demo models that I will be bringing with me so you can all have a roll of them, and if you want (first come first serve) can use them in the cup if someone wanted.

That's sounds awesome! :) You are a lucky guy landing that job! Congratulations!

Stu you have funds!

Congrats on the new job!

Just been checking these out and they look incredible, liked and shared the FB site. Are they crazy expensive?

Stu you have funds!

Wahay! Fantastic news. Congratulations!

I know now you won't forget lefties! Off to check the site now...

Best place to look is on here http://puttertalk.com/community/index.php?board=129.0
That is where we showcase all our latest work.
Price wise a cnc Head (a pre made head machined head) will cost around $249, and a full handmade piece of art will be $449
Right now with the exchange rate being so good, these work out to quite a nice price for us brits! Be warned that does not include shipping or import tax I am afraid

Yes of course, I should have two right handed putters and I will bring my own personal collection of left handed works of art :)

There is £180 on the way to you Stu, can you let me know when you have got it please

Payment en route through the online banking system ether

I'd like to formally name our team : MINTrio
(Combines our first name initials, number in the team, a nod to the World Cup and sounds like a tasty treat)

(Combines our first name initials, number in the team, a nod to the World Cup and sounds like a tasty treat)

Nice name! In Swedish "Min trio" is the same as "My trio" so it suits rather well! ;)

Right o. Will come back on the payments tomorrow...putters look fun BigM.

Linus, can you get the Swedette to check her PMs please? I need her girlie shirt size...

Right o. Will come back on the payments tomorrow...putters look fun BigM.

Linus, can you get the Swedette to check her PMs please? I need her girlie shirt size...

I'm on it!

There is £180 on the way to you Stu, can you let me know when you have got it please

Thank you very much.

Thank you very much.

I'm on it!

Top work - Thank you very much.

Shirts have been ordered. Just a couple of payments outstanding please gents....

Big thanks to JoeyJoeJo - whom has very kindly donated some prizes into the pot!

Back