Umbrella extension

Davidhibler

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Does anyone use one of these? It goes in your regular umbrella holder to make it taller.
I can't stand/walk under the umbrella because I'm too tall...and I'm only 6ft.

What are some other solutions you use to extend the height of your umbrella? This seems like a pretty cheap solution.

71zouBDn7CL._AC_UY1000_.jpg

On my clicgear I have the umbrella extender, which increases hight by 1", coupled with the adjustable umbrella holder that also raises the height. I'm 6'2 and no issues with height now.

How sturdy is that?

So you walk along under the umbrella? For rain or for shade? I'm not getting why you'd do this.

On my clicgear I have the umbrella extender, which increases hight by 1", coupled with the adjustable umbrella holder that also raises the height. I'm 6'2 and no issues with height now.

Do you have issues with the extender + adjustable holder not screwing in tightly? I have both, but only use the adjustable holder since it doesn't seem like the holder pairs up well with the extender.

I have something similar on my push cart. it helps, but I still hit my head on the metal stretches at times. It is wobbly, but helps. If there is rain, Walking with a cart that holds the umbrella for me is pretty nice.

As a side inquiry, are there any umbrellas that have longer center poles? I should look into that...

I bought an extra-long umbrella off Amazon a few years ago. It was nice in terms of being able to see out from under the umbrella while I'm walking but it was really heavy and tipped over my Speed Cart constantly.

I also tried an extender for the umbrella holder once a long time ago but the umbrella swayed around and didn't seem entirely stable.

Now I'm back with a fairly lightweight, standard umbrella in the standard Speed Cart holder. I just have to duck my head a bit to see out from under the edge. Oh well, first world problem I guess.

I’ve adjusted how deep i place the umbrella handle in the holder and just make the bolt really tight. I’m 6’2” and that’s helped a bit. Also can adjust the height of the pushcart handle?

Do you have issues with the extender + adjustable holder not screwing in tightly? I have both, but only use the adjustable holder since it doesn't seem like the holder pairs up well with the extender.

I use both together, I don't think I have ever taken the extender off the adjustable holder. Works pretty slick.

I’ve adjusted how deep i place the umbrella handle in the holder and just make the bolt really tight. I’m 6’2” and that’s helped a bit. Also can adjust the height of the pushcart handle?

Yeah, but even at its highest its still too low. I've played with all sorts of angles and nothing works.

Really trying to walk more but the sun can get me sometimes down here.

Pretty tight, it does get a little wobbly though on windy days with umbrella deployed

Yeah, but even at its highest its still too low. I've played with all sorts of angles and nothing works.

Really trying to walk more but the sun can get me sometimes down here.
I have a costco special cart - I assume the handle just goes higher - I sort of assumed that was true of most (that they would all have a similar height). Or, maybe I walk more stooped - that said, I rarely am out in that rain - and I'm too stoopid to use the umbrella for shade. I also have an Alphard wheels set up so I might not have a speed that's good for this - I'll find out next time I use it!

i ordered an umbrella on amazon that is quite long. allows me to walk under mine without extension on my bagboy. I'm 6'1. If I was 6'3 would not work for sure.

I’ve been looking for solutions like this too. I’m 6’ and have to stoop a fair bit when I’ve got the umbrella out. I don’t use it for sun since it just feels like a greenhouse under there with my head in the peak.

I think that I’m going to trim the grip on the push cart and see if I can mount the holder further up. I’ll gain another 3” that way.

What’s wrong with a small length of pvc tube inside the holder and then the umbrella fits in that ? Is the diameter is too big just sleeve it with a socket ... simples😃

What’s wrong with a small length of pvc tube inside the holder and then the umbrella fits in that ? Is the diameter is too big just sleeve it with a socket ... simples😃
It doesn't have to be PVC tube. I drop a tee down in the holder of my SpeedCart and it keeps the umbrella handle from going all the way down. Adds a couple inches.

It doesn't have to be PVC tube. I drop a tee down in the holder of my SpeedCart and it keeps the umbrella handle from going all the way down. Adds a couple inches.
Reckon too , if we could use a beach umbrella that would give more shade lol .... for player and parters ,
sorta mobile marquee hahahah☂☔

i have this in the 68 and it works on my cart. take a look at the length stated and compare to what you are using now. this helped me pick one I could get under. I recall searching a bit to find one this long. Have not used it in rain, only for sun protection thus far. Each push cart would likely be a little different in terms of how our bases start.

I used to have a 12" extension I made out of ABS pipe & fittings, but stopped using it because the Clicgear got a little too top heavy with a wide canopy umbrella. Worked good otherwise though.

I’ve been looking for solutions like this too. I’m 6’ and have to stoop a fair bit when I’ve got the umbrella out. I don’t use it for sun since it just feels like a greenhouse under there with my head in the peak.

I think that I’m going to trim the grip on the push cart and see if I can mount the holder further up. I’ll gain another 3” that way.

i was also looking for umbrellas that "reflect" that heat/sunlight rather than just "absorb" it...if that makes sense.

Back