Un-Official Gathering at Mission Inn - Not associated with THP

Called in my cancellation as well. Hope we get control over this mess soon. I'm still playing several days a week, but, we're trying to be as careful as we can--no 2 to a cart, no high fives nor even fist bumps, don't touch other people's equipment. You know the drill. After the round we sit on the patio outside the club since the grill is closed except for take out, but, we try to keep a little space between us. Is it effectively safe? Who the hell knows. Stay diligent everyone and ride this thing through until we get back to some sort of normalcy.

Bummer that you had to postpone this. Hopefully this is rescheduled and the dates work for me this time.

Official note from mission inn for everyone.

Please stay safe. Many of your golfers have already called to cancel. If they have not yet called, they do not need to, as we will cancel and refund all the deposits.
PLEASE DO SHARE that some banks take up to five or seven days to refund. Our reservations manager will be working on the refunds right away.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Bummer that you guys couldn’t do this. I’m hoping whenever it does get rescheduled that I might be able to jump in.

stay safe everyone

I saw on Southwest that Florida has put a 14 day self-quarintine on anyone flying inti Florida. I would have lived spending 14 days in Florida but not under those circumstances. Good call 441!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In honor of the Gathering that couldn't, @Thechosen1 and I will play El Campeon tomorrow morning. Separate carts and all the non touching stuff in play.

In honor of the Gathering that couldn't, @Thechosen1 and I will play El Campeon tomorrow morning. Separate carts and all the non touching stuff in play.
You guys have fun! I'm down to travel on a weekend if anyone wants to play

Troy!! Would love to get a round in, let's see how this mess goes in the next few weeks. I am game for most any weekend.

You guys have fun! I'm down to travel on a weekend if anyone wants to play

I’d be down with enough notice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d be down with enough notice

I like the sound of this.

I see some of the Florida guys are thinking of getting together. Orange County National is running a special though April with $59 rounds that includes a boxed lunch. It may be a good central location for you all, just a suggestion.

I see some of the Florida guys are thinking of getting together. Orange County National is running a special though April with $59 rounds that includes a boxed lunch. It may be a good central location for you all, just a suggestion.

I've done some work on those courses, big fan!

Anyone know if bella collina is running a special.

Also on my short list to play is World Woods.

Was using United Miles to fly down for this Gathering - I cancelled of course and United hit me up for $150 for cancelling when using miles.
I also upgraded seats and I don't recall getting refunded - may have to call tomorrow and beg for some forgiveness.

And to think today we would be kicking this thing off!!

@Thechosen1 is trying to kill me!!!, we had a another fantastic time today and he was on fire, played El Campeon 1st and he shot an 80 to my 93 from 6600, then it was so nice out there we played Las Colinas and he really came alive shooting 2 over and we we on a par round watch or better for most of it.

I did a little better with a 90 but learned a lesson with old Bryan, we moved up to the whites for my old back and from 6365 (a lot of the tees were way back so maybe closer to 6,500) Bryan now only has wedges into the greens and he is deadly with a wedge in his hands.

I really enjoy seeing good golf even when I am playing like hot garbage, when I finally did hit some good drives and had short iron in my hands and still puke on myself that is maddening.

we discussed how lucky we are to just be out playing and we were in single carts and never got within 20 ft of another person all day.

Resort/courses were in such great shape. Shame we werent able to make this trip happen but playing yesterday to honor it was fun. At one point was -4 on las colinas and just crapped the bed coming home with some bad luck..

Really love mission inn and hope to get a group back there this year!

Resort/courses were in such great shape. Shame we werent able to make this trip happen but playing yesterday to honor it was fun. At one point was -4 on las colinas and just crapped the bed coming home with some bad luck..

Really love mission inn and hope to get a group back there this year!
Dang man nice shootin prior to bed crapping

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I spent the last week of February 2019 at Mission Inn, played 4 days straight, and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Courses were in great shape, I'm sure you guys had a blast.

I spent the last week of February 2019 at Mission Inn, played 4 days straight, and enjoyed it quite a bit.
Courses were in great shape, I'm sure you guys had a blast.

Unfortunately due to COVID 19 this gathering was canceled/postponed.

Unfortunately due to COVID 19 this gathering was canceled/postponed.

Seems so long ago. Only a month

That sucks to hear, I wasn't aware FL stopped golf.
It'll be a good time once you guys go, we had a great time down there.....
We drove through a nasty snow squall on the way to the airport!

That sucks to hear, I wasn't aware FL stopped golf.
It'll be a good time once you guys go, we had a great time down there.....
We drove through a nasty snow squall on the way to the airport!
It wasn't so much that Florida stopped golf, but that the rest of the country stopped travel.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I haven't been trying, just trying to stay healthy these days.. but my sister booked a flight a month or so ago to FL... Thankfully she cancelled...

Sorry guys, that sucks.

Back