Un-Official Gathering at Mission Inn - Not associated with THP

Well I just got off of a region wide phone call with our director. He reiterated that all personal travel is discouraged. He made it clear that if we have to spend any time in quarantine when we get back it will be either unpaid leave or vacation time.

Right now unfortunately I'm pretty sure that I will need to back out of this trip.

My wife isn't crazy about me going either.

Well they shut down the border for non-essential travel. While I consider this essential, the border guys may disagree. Looking like myself and my bud may be out. :mad: Sucks.
I'm bummed too man, I've been looking forward to this since Mike put up the thread.

I got a call from the hotel telling me my roommate had canceled, I had no idea I had a roommate yet ha ha. Anyway she asked me what I wanted to do and I went ahead and canceled also, I can drive up everyday and play golf and not worry about the room since I am maybe 40 miles away.

Not sitting around smoking and over drinking is better for my health anyway and I could still change my mind as I have no doubt rooms will not be a problem.

She said there is no plans to close the resort at this time, but did not know what next week will hold.

I got a call from the hotel telling me my roommate had canceled, I had no idea I had a roommate yet ha ha. Anyway she asked me what I wanted to do and I went ahead and canceled also, I can drive up everyday and play golf and not worry about the room since I am maybe 40 miles away.

Not sitting around smoking and over drinking is better for my health anyway and I could still change my mind as I have no doubt rooms will not be a problem.

She said there is no plans to close the resort at this time, but did not know what next week will hold.
Maybe I was your roommate, I called today and cancelled.
United cancelled my flights and had no decent flights get there or coming back.
Decided that was a "Sign" and cancelled.
Besides the activity at work right now is "Light" would be putting it mildly and really wouldn't be prudent on my part to go.

As.you guys call and cancel just let.me know so I can update the list accordingly. My new contact at the resort reached out today and I told her that people's plans may be changing daily and they would call if they needed to bail.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Loaded up on some Srixon Z Star XVs with the Buy 2 get 1 deal for the trip. Never played them before so I’ll get my work in with them over the weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Loaded up on some Srixon Z Star XVs with the Buy get 1 deal for the trip. Never played them before so I’ll get my work in with them over the weekend.

I bought a few of the 10$ for 6. I play zstars often and really like the ball.

As.you guys call and cancel just let.me know so I can update the list accordingly. My new contact at the resort reached out today and I told her that people's plans may be changing daily and they would call if they needed to bail.

Mike I still intend to play golf if at all possible so pm me what I need to do to book the tee times

Mike I still intend to play golf if at all possible so pm me what I need to do to book the tee times

As long as I am allowed to fly then I will be there.

I'm really wavering, I haven't canceled but it doesn't look good.

Between my wife and my work discouraging it I'm not sure.

Do what you gotta do man don't stress out over it. It's not worth sweating over with everything else going on.

My employer sent out this to everyone yesterday:
All business travel has been officially suspended. We would also strongly discourage employees from personal travel of any kind via airplane, cruise ship or train (excluding commuter rail). If you do have to travel, please report your plans before you go. In order to ensure the safety of your colleagues, please plan on taking PTO upon return for an additional 14-day quarantine period.

That would have kicked me out of this right away.
Save your "Dry Powder" for Next Year or Lake Tahoe Event in August
(Calling @SlightDraw )

My employer sent out this to everyone yesterday:
All business travel has been officially suspended. We would also strongly discourage employees from personal travel of any kind via airplane, cruise ship or train (excluding commuter rail). If you do have to travel, please report your plans before you go. In order to ensure the safety of your colleagues, please plan on taking PTO upon return for an additional 14-day quarantine period.

That would have kicked me out of this right away.
Save your "Dry Powder" for Next Year or Lake Tahoe Event in August
(Calling @SlightDraw )
Very similar to my company

Regrettably I just canceled. I am very bummed out. I was really looking forward to getting together with you guys, Seeing friends and making new ones.

I can't wait until the next get together That I can participate in.

I think my buddy Bill who was coming was more exited than I was for this trip. This sucks.

We may still take a road trip to my brothers where courses will be open around that time. We'll see.

I'd imagine my work will only be open another week if that. We are on a skeleton crew right now as it is.
Thank God I have a golf sim in my house!

Regrettably I just canceled. I am very bummed out. I was really looking forward to getting together with you guys, Seeing friends and making new ones.

I can't wait until the next get together That I can participate in.
Really sucks that a lot of you guys will be forced to cancel. I hope at least some of you can get down there & play.

#shutdownflorida was trending last night on Twitter....

It’s kind of day-to-day down here. Some courses have closed. Others have remained open. There’s about 1000 cases of Covid-19 in Florida’s and almost half of them are out of Miami Dade and Broward counties.

I am in until the course forces me to cancel. With that said, is the hotel still doing double occupancy? Would love to have my own room given the circumstances.

I'm sure it's already been discussed but Mission Inn will honor a full refund if canceled with 72 hours notice.

Obviously everyone is taking it day by day and seeing how long golf courses stay open and the potential lockdown. Who knows.

Yeah I think we give this a few more days then decide.

With non essential travel being banned in most states (like Ohio), it's not looking so good

Yeah I think we give this a few more days then decide.

With non essential travel being banned in most states (like Ohio), it's not looking so good

Yeah, they just closed all non-essential business in MD effective at 5pm today. My company is also strongly discouraging all travel. I was going to wait as long as possible before canceling, but it's really not looking good.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Back