Under Appreciated Bands/Artists?

Babymetal. Seems like a gimmick but damn good songs.

Nickelback..

:ROFLMAO:

Mountain - Climbing! is a masterpiece that should be counted among the great albums of the 70's and one of the best hard rock albums ever. Leslie West was a legend.
Little Feat - Perhaps the quintessential underappreciated band. Didn't sell well at the time, but Jimmy Page famously called them his favorite American band at one point. Their work with the late Lowell George in the 70's is landmark stuff.
Alter Bridge - They have a loyal following but in the mainstream hard rock world (on radio) you almost never hear them.
Marcus King - I know he's well regarded in blues circles, but nobody I talk to has ever heard of him.

Creed, The Wallflowers, and Dave Matthews's band are definitely underappreciated! :oops::coffee:

Johnny Winter, one of the best Blues / Blues Rock guitarists of all time. Late 60s into the early 70s he was recognized as one of the best around, but in the mid-70s he moved out of the Rock scene and dedicated himself more to the Blues, which took him out of the mainstream.

I am also a fan of the below.

Harvey danger
Cake
Soul Asylum
Bush
Stone Temple Pilots

I used to love this album...

1631805461275.jpeg

Does Soundgarden count? I am not sure if they are underappreciated. But Black hole sun and Spoon man are two of my fav songs all time.

How about Alice in Chains
Totally agree with AIC. One of the most underrated bands ever. Never thought Layne Staley could be replaced but I was very wrong.

Saw them live in Seattle with Layne and in Phoenix with their new singer. Highly recommend their newer stuff for those that haven't heard them...

Totally agree with AIC. One of the most underrated bands ever. Never thought Layne Staley could be replaced but I was very wrong.

Saw them live in Seattle with Layne and in Phoenix with their new singer. Highly recommend their newer stuff for those that haven't heard them...

I like this as well.

Tonic, Alice In Chains, and Anthrax

Most will not agree because they are so niche, but my answer will never change.
Guttermouth

They are stupid punk rock, but lyrics are genius.

Also system of a down. Conspiracy theories aside...

And last one I'll offer is no doubt. Saw them live a couple of times. Great show.

Stone Temple Pilots, always felt overshadowed by the other grunge mega bands. And on the metal side Megadeth.

My first thought was The Replacements as well. Saw them in the front row at Riveiria Theater in Chicago around 87/88 Unreal show! @SkiBumGolfer mentioned Mountain. I had not thought of that band since college days need to find that one!

From the 80s, the Smiths were highly influential yet under appreciated, at least here.

Grand Funk Railroad,...Yardbirds...Wishbone Ash ...

They just piss me off because of what SHOULD have been

Yeah kinda flamed out due to infighting if I recall correctly..

The Dangerous Dogs . . . . . wait....that's my band....strike that.

I have to go with Nickelback.
They get no respect and I really do like their hard driving music.
How can you not like this?

We're going off tonight
To kick out every light
Take anything we want
Drink everything in sight
We're going till the world stops turning
While we burn it to the ground tonight

In that case Ugly Kid Joe and Candlebox should have been much bigger......if only.

I've long called King's X "The Most Under-appreciated Band on the Planet."

There are so many ...
Spock's Beard should be more famous than they are, too.

Back