Under Appreciated Bands/Artists?

If you asked Liam and/or Noel Gallagher, the most correct answer in this thread would be Oasis, especially considering they were better than The Beatles! 😂😂

Dr. Dog
Biffy Clyro

Cake
The Shins
Queens of the Stone Age
The Hives
The Xx
Franz Ferdinand
The Strokes
Rage Against The Machine
Soundgarden
Death Cab For Cutie
Cage The Elephant
Two Door Cinema Club

I know, some of these were pretty popular for a bit. Still feel underrated to me.

A few others:

Triumph
April Wine
Thin Lizzy
Nazareth
Triumph was huge around here back in the '80s. I saw them several times in St. Louis, always sold out. Great live shows.

J.J. Cale. The writer of so many great tunes that others made famous (Clapton, Skynyrd, Santana, .....), but his original recordings were all really good too.

A couple that were incredibly fun, good time rock and roll, and amazing live: Foghat, and The J. Geils Band

Neil Diamond based on song writing

John Caferty and the Beaver Brown Band

Joy Division

Most of my suggestions have already been mentioned. Just a few more to add to the list:
Cat Stevens
Badfinger
Faces
Skid Row
Blues Traveler

The Black Crowes
Stone temple pilots
Dang it! These were my two!!!!

Probably also already mentioned but what about I Mother Earth

Golden Earring and
Holy ****, that’s a blast from the past.

Well, I am from a long way in the past....lol

Also a few more oldies that never made it to the H.O.F.
Alan Parsons Project
America
TOTO
The Guess Who
Atlanta Rhythm Section

In terms of stage performance powerman 5000 was amazing. I used to go to a concert series called Memphis in May years back and so many good bands there.

Since the absolute best genre of music isn't allowed in this post, that's all I will add. Nah, C W McCall is great, I can't do it without putting in an underappreciated country icon.
That's because their lead singer, Michael David Cummings, better known as Spider One, is Rob Zombie's younger brother. (y) Plus "When Worlds Collide" is a bad ass song

The Pixies are a great band that have influenced a ton of bands (Nirvana, Weezer, etc.). They are underrated by a lot.

The statement band of Punk Rock (at least in the U.K.) of the late 70's ..... Sex Pistols

Hell half the people don’t realize songs like red red wine is his
There’s a TON of them. I listened to a show one time talking about all the songs he’d written that have been hits for others and it’s pretty eye opening

In terms of stage performance powerman 5000 was amazing. I used to go to a concert series called Memphis in May years back and so many good bands there.

Since the absolute best genre of music isn't allowed in this post, that's all I will add. Nah, C W McCall is great, I can't do it without putting in an underappreciated country icon.
Country radio is ****.

Country music is not.

Back