Diane

Reaction score
Which do you find more difficult - having the ball above or below your feet? I'm not fond of either, but dislike the latter more because I turn into a jack-in-the-box and top it.

I will take above my feet anytime.

My vote below.

I would rather have the ball below my feet. I keep my weight pretty forward with irons, so that is less of a challenge. I hit so many fat shots with the ball above my feet it isn't even funny.

Depends if I need a draw or a fade, but above my feet is my preference.

Above my feet; it's easier just to choke down. The problem is when you have above or below plus slope, and that's usually the case. Then I get all contorted, and so does my ball flight.

No preferrence,i play on mainly links courses so have got used to hitting both.

Above is better for me. I never know where it's going below my feet. For some reason I have a habit of over compensating or something and sending the ball hard left, then remembering that the next time and wind up fading the ball

Above is better for me.

If the ball is above my feet I'm dead.

I'm better with having the ball above my feet. When I took my lesson, the pro had me hitting from a sidehill lie. I know that if the ball is below my feet, I'm going to have to, deliberately, squat down and stay with the ball a bit longer.

At my home course, it is possible to hit every fairway and never have a flat lie. I prefer to hit the ball above my feet.

I'd rather have it below my feet

i think below. i seem to lose a little distance if the ball is above for some reason

I prefer above because I prefer to choke up rather than squat down.

I think I like ball below my feet better than above. At least I know it's going to go right, whereas the one above my feet is supposed to go left, but it may or may not.

I'd rather have the ball above my feet.

Def. below as topping it is so easy to do. Just have to remember to keep the knees bent through impact.

Which do you find more difficult - having the ball above or below your feet? I'm not fond of either, but dislike the latter more because I turn into a jack-in-the-box and top it.

I'm going to change my response. Now that I'm standing closer to the ball - I'm having a more difficult time adjusting to having the ball above my feet. The good news is I don't top anything with my new stance.

Below is worse for me. You can always choke up on the club if the ball is above your feet, but having the ball below your feet just plain sucks.

There are days I wish I lived in a place with a flat golf course.

I prefer it above my feet. Actually I like nice flat lies right in the middle of the fairway but that does not happen much with me :banghead:

I think I like ball below my feet better than above. At least I know it's going to go right, whereas the one above my feet is supposed to go left, but it may or may not.

same here! The ball never seems to draw when it's above my feet and i always account for it.

Back