Unicorn sighting?

Maruman make some very good equipment - played a few of their offerings but never went for their top-end gold stuff.

Never heard of them so had to look them up. Those irons look like a set you’d win at a tequila promo giveaway.

Last edited:
Never heard of them so had to look them up. Those irons look like a set you’d win at tequila promo giveaway.
With a matching bag! 😆

I’ll admit, I actually laughed out loud at that one.

At what price does a golf thing go from okay to not acceptable. Seems that if someone can spend hundreds on a putter condom, then anything is on the table, right?
Hundreds? Try THOUSANDS.

I respect the idea that what people buy is what they can afford/want etc. Sure I'm a bit more harsh on some companies about their pricing structure, but if people are buying it, I'm just a voice in the breeze.

I'll say one thing - outside of a serious need for a touch of hot melt, the product was pretty damn impressive.

And the aesthetics? If you're not hitting this head with clean golf balls..... you simply don't enjoy nice things :ROFLMAO:

1610253868754.png

I'll say one thing - outside of a serious need for a touch of hot melt, the product was pretty damn impressive.

And the aesthetics? If you're not hitting this head with clean golf balls..... you simply don't enjoy nice things :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8987372
Bring it out to the desert! 😆

D94EAB7D-3856-455F-B2B3-D0EBBDD2A0B7.jpeg

Apparently I'm in the minority here but I think they're pretty fly :cool:

Hundreds? Try THOUSANDS.

I respect the idea that what people buy is what they can afford/want etc. Sure I'm a bit more harsh on some companies about their pricing structure, but if people are buying it, I'm just a voice in the breeze.
I think that’s fair and I’m surprised there isn’t a defense brigade for XXIO, Majesty, etc. Maybe it’s because their performance claims are not the same. Don’t know.

i do think some of these costs are insane though. I think it’s fair and funny to poke fun. I was just genuinely curious why It’s acceptable putters and putter condemns are accepted in the completely nonsensical overpriced side?

Never heard of them.
Had to google them.
Will never buy them.
EVER!

Same for me. I’ve always said any black club looks better than any silver club, but these proved me VERY wrong.

I can't get over how ugly these are. If one of my good friends bought them I would make endless fun of them for starting retirement early and asking them when they are moving to Palm Springs.

I think that’s fair and I’m surprised there isn’t a defense brigade for XXIO, Majesty, etc. Maybe it’s because their performance claims are not the same. Don’t know.

i do think some of these costs are insane though. I think it’s fair and funny to poke fun. I was just genuinely curious why It’s acceptable putters and putter condemns are accepted in the completely nonsensical overpriced side?
Could it be that putters and putter head covers subjectively escape being simply tools and gain value based upon their perceived artistry, where irons can be beautiful, but do not subjectively gain much value for their artistry, because they are viewed as tools that will dig through the earth? I don’t really know, but there clearly is a distinction in the consumer’s mind.

Could it be that putters and putter head covers subjectively escape being simply tools and gain value based upon their perceived artistry, where irons can be beautiful, but do not subjectively gain much value for their artistry, because they are viewed as tools that will dig through the earth? I don’t really know, but there clearly is a distinction in the consumer’s mind.
Sure. To me it’s the same, but as you said, subjectively it can different. Doesn’t really explain the putter cover part, but it kind of does.

Definitely a personal thing. I'd never pay the insane prices some places want for putter covers, and it's always mystified me why people will pay huge bucks for what is essentially a fancy bedazzled $150 Ping Anser putter. There's obviously a market for it though, and I'm not bagging on anybody who does. Enjoy it if it brings you pleasure, I'm not here to tell you how to spend your money.

But then again, I also shake my head at the guys who put aftermarket wheels, 38" tires, 8" lift kits and $10,000 suspension kits on their pickup trucks that will never see anything more "off road" than a bit of spilled gravel on the highway once in a while. :LOL:

Had to google it like so many others.

Expensive and ugly, but meh, if that's what he wants to spend is money on, then more power to him.

I own and game a circle t, I could never judge a dude for spending that on multiple clubs in the bag versus one lol

I want one bad lol

The scary thing would be if my wife ever took up golf she would surely want one. She has a handful of LV purses/bags in her collection and it would be hard for her to resist. Luckily she has zero desire to play golf.

I know a guy who can break a hundred on a very rare good day using only a couple of mulligans who buys 4 or 5 new sets a year. Generally he buys blades with stiff or steel shafts. He is now playing the latest PXG's but they won't last long in the bag which gets replace regularly as well. Of course he plays Pro Vs he only loses a couple of sleeves a round.

I had to google them as well and can you say fuggly? For some money is just paper with numbers on it. I like valued choices.

I had to google these as I never heard of them before.

DAMN! that's expensive.

They more like a collectable club then and actual playing club

OP back... Amazingly- Another range neighbor yesterday with a set of Prestigio’s! Different guy. They must be on sale or something!

Back