Unicorn sighting?

At what price does a golf thing go from okay to not acceptable. Seems that if someone can spend hundreds on a putter condom, then anything is on the table, right?

At what price does a golf thing go from okay to not acceptable. Seems that if someone can spend hundreds on a putter condom, then anything is on the table, right?
I think people should be able to buy whatever they want at whatever price the market bears. Is it crazy to spend up to $200,000 on a pre-war Martin D-45 guitar? That’s what the market bears.

I think that’s up to the individual shelling out the money. Buy what you want and what makes you happy.

A Lamborghini Urus passed me on the highway today, $218,009.00 for the base Model. It's all relative I guess, if you live in a 20 million dollar house a $218,000 car to take the kids to Polo is reasonable.

I think people should be able to buy whatever they want at whatever price the market bears. Is it crazy to spend up to $200,000 on a pre-war Martin D-45 guitar? That’s what the market bears.
Totally agree. I would never do it. Crazy to me, with that said I have some Majesty gear here and it’s been featured in Range Days with @Canadan and fared extremely well.

I’m genuinely curious though if there is a line drawn on cost? And why it only pertains to irons and not putters and/or covers?

Totally agree. I would never do it. Crazy to me, with that said I have some Majesty gear here and it’s been featured in Range Days with @Canadan and fared extremely well.

I’m genuinely curious though if there is a line drawn on cost? And why it only pertains to irons and not putters and/or covers?
Can’t speak for everybody, but for me it has to do with perceived value/benefits. I don’t care about social status, so I don’t buy things to impress others.

If there was a set of clubs with absolutely amazing technology you couldn’t find anywhere else it might be tempting to me - but just to look like a pimp or try to impress people with a rare, overpriced putter or head cover or whatever - nah. Not saying it’s wrong for anybody else, it’s just not for me.

I made a snarky comment earlier in the thread but, honestly, I agree also. You're money. Spend it how you want, man. Who in the hell am I to tell someone how to spend the money that they made? Spend it on a million tons of glitter for all I care. 🤷‍♂️

At least he is stimulating the economy.

Probably should start a thread wondering if they’re overrated or not!

I kind of like them. But, then again, I like anything that stands out from the crowd. If money doesn't matter, play what you want. Who cares what someone else thinks?

I rarely see guys scoffing at PXG, and my lawwwwd, those are ugly, and expensive.

Just my two cents.

I would love to caddy for someone with these clubs.

“[hands club] Your Majesty....”

I kind of like them. But, then again, I like anything that stands out from the crowd. If money doesn't matter, play what you want. Who cares what someone else thinks?

I rarely see guys scoffing at PXG, and my lawwwwd, those are ugly, and expensive.

Just my two cents.
I might be one of the rare ones who actually likes the looks of the PXG irons. Even if the price tags were equal I’d bag them before those Majesties.

E19FD2FD-84B5-46BF-ADCE-31B6E49E9C53.jpeg
D9F292FD-F5D2-43FF-B905-FCE84FF86D3C.jpeg

I don't think there is a limit on how much you spend on something. If it makes you happy then whatever.

I definitely have a limit. For me there is definitely a perceived value. Plus I like having stuff just to tinker with. I'd rather spend my budget on more stuff and turn part of it over. That's probably silly to a lot of people too. I'm sure there are people with $5k bags that think it is ludicrous to have 3 or 4 putters and a couple drivers and 2 sets of wedges. But to me it is fun to take stuff out to the range and play with it and move a club or two around ever few rounds.

Seems like hanging out on lake and seeing boats that have no earthly explanation for how expensive they are... but boats do attract a certain attention that makes for some kinda entertainment... not sure these clubs would do that...

Had to look them up. Those are some expensive sticks! Sounds like he was pumped about them though!

Very Nice! Would be shocked if I ever came across those in person anywhere!

Honestly, if I found one of these in a used section I hit it .... never heard of them but they look gaudy to me.

I'm keeping my yap shut as the guy who has a $23,000 1911 in his safety deposit box and a $400.00 Rock Island 1911 in his bedstand. These would be the same, set aside to look at while everyday irons would be the work horses.

Back