Unlucky, this ever happen to you?

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My buddy Bill hit a decent drive, and he thought it went off a branch of a spruce tree. I said I never seen it fall. We went up and looked and it was in the spruce? lol.
This ever happen to you?
I've had this happen to me a few years ago as well. had one of these but no Hole in one, lol.

1602275927661.png

1602275956318.png

Didn't happen to me, but I have seen it happen on my course. Not sure if I still have the pic. Cedar trees love golf balls also.

Unfortunately, I have been there. The real question is did he try to tomahawk it out of there?

Unfortunately, I have been there. The real question is did he try to tomahawk it out of there?
I told him to try, but it was above his head, so he took the drop. I think I would have tried.

Yep! Happened to me this year. Tried to hit it. That was a mistake :LOL:
6F8BE6B0-D33B-4EEE-A63D-F145B811E1F1.jpeg

Oof, luckily that's never happened to me...unless it did and that's why I didn't find a ball or two :ROFLMAO:

Oof, luckily that's never happened to me...unless it did and that's why I didn't find a ball or two :ROFLMAO:
ya makes a guy wonder how many times did this happen and you not notice it, lol

Yes :facepalm:. Three I can remember that were too high up to retrieve in palm trees. Also a chest high lie in a blue spruce that I would've been better off taking a drop. Ball squirted off somewhere never to be found and it was a bear getting the sticky pitch off my club face. Best was a knee high lie in a creosote bush that resulted in a halfway decent shot out. Worst one by far was nestled about waist high in a cactus. Got the ball out to safety but I also impaled myself with several dislodged cactus spines. Arms, legs, one in my ear lobe, one stuck through my shorts into my thigh and pretty dang close to the worst case scenario.

one stuck through my shorts into my thigh and pretty dang close to the worst case scenario.

haha, ya that would be worse case

It happened to @LoffKat last year. Ran up the trunk of a tree and never came down.

1602373586530.jpeg
Play it as it lies

Been 4 ft up in cattails, Tried to hit driver out of them straight up flop shot style. Went nothing like I imagined

i

We have a hole here with a massive spruce tree right on the edge of the green.
There is almost always someone in the group shaking branches looking for a ball to drop.

Not to me, but played with my mom once and she had a ball hang up in some Spanish moss about 5 feet off the ground.

Not that but I had a crow try to steal my ball. I was lucky he dropped it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, a few times. Only difference being they were palm trees.

Just did the unplayable/lost ball thing, and moved on. Had a fun conversation about it at the 19th afterwards.

actually yes, been stuck in a tree twice it happened to me. On time it fell down at my feet from above just as i was dropping a second ball because we couldnt find the first one.
Another time we saw the ball up high resting on the fork of a thin branch/es. But too high to get and too many other branches so we had to let it be.

Got hung up in about a 4 ft spruce once about 2 feet up. I hit it out of there for fun instead of the drop. Didn't go far.
I thought it was a blast though, as at the time, Ernie Els got hung up like that in the Open Champ and hit it out. More of a bush as I recall there. (y)

I have seen it. And the attempted strike(s). It was last year before I started posting in the live round or generally having my phone at the ready. I will never forgive myself for that.

I've hit plenty of trees over the years, but never had a ball stay in them. I've had my share of balls lodged in bushes, teed up a foot or two off the ground. I finally had enough unsuccessful ventures with those that I'll almost always take the unplayable and drop rather than wasting two or three strokes trying to get out and often ending up in a worse lie than I started with.

...Worst one by far was nestled about waist high in a cactus. Got the ball out to safety but I also impaled myself with several dislodged cactus spines. Arms, legs, one in my ear lobe, one stuck through my shorts into my thigh and pretty dang close to the worst case scenario.
One of the first things you learn as a desert golfer - don't ever, ever eff with a cactus! Every plant in the desert will make you bleed, but cactus are particularly nasty and unappreciative of golf clubs being swung at them.

Yep, unfortunately and definitely took the drop!

Back