Unofficial 2021 Kentucky Bourbon Bash Gathering

If this was 2 weeks earlier I’d be all in haha

Just realized the Griffin Gate is a Marriott hotel. Points! Also not sure how this will play out with the golf but I also have free night certificates.

If I can hitch a ride.... I can’t do Memorial Day but almost certainly could the weekend prior.

This seem like a @Hamfist deal? I’ll kick in more than my share of gas money?

I just can’t drive my heap of junk that far. He’d likely not survive, lol. I also hesitate to drive much more than an hour even if I rent a car. Sleep disorders and all. I’m fine 99.9% of the time. That .1% can suck.

@gmiller598 you need some company if Hammy ain’t in? We can play a round first at Deer Ridge if you want so you’ll know whether you wanna spend 3+ hours each way in a car with me, lol.

I’ve golfed with a ton of THP’ers and no one has died yet. Although Hammy and I seem to be a magnet for folks hitting into us so I’m sure one or both of us will be brained at some point by a ball.

I would love to do this and will look at 2022. My son’s high school graduation will prevent this year.

If I can hitch a ride.... I can’t do Memorial Day but almost certainly could the weekend prior.

This seem like a @Hamfist deal? I’ll kick in more than my share of gas money?

I just can’t drive my heap of junk that far. He’d likely not survive, lol. I also hesitate to drive much more than an hour even if I rent a car. Sleep disorders and all. I’m fine 99.9% of the time. That .1% can suck.

@gmiller598 you need some company if Hammy ain’t in? We can play a round first at Deer Ridge if you want so you’ll know whether you wanna spend 3+ hours each way in a car with me, lol.

I’ve golfed with a ton of THP’ers and no one has died yet. Although Hammy and I seem to be a magnet for folks hitting into us so I’m sure one or both of us will be brained at some point by a ball.
I’ll have to see what my deal is. My college roommate lives in Lexington so I’ll probably try to arrange to spend an extra day or so with him while I’m there.

I’ll have to see what my deal is. My college roommate lives in Lexington so I’ll probably try to arrange to spend an extra day or so with him while I’m there.

So you don’t want to shoot up a bunch of road signs..... 🤣

No cool man, we’ve gotta get a round in this year. I enjoy your presence on here. Glad you got selected for TEEm. Plus I’ll want a crack at hitting some of it, lol.

So you don’t want to shoot up a bunch of road signs..... 🤣

No cool man, we’ve gotta get a round in this year. I enjoy your presence on here. Glad you got selected for TEEm. Plus I’ll want a crack at hitting some of it, lol.
@gmiller598

@gkeller813 🤣🤣

Hey I’d worked 31 last 39 hours at that point, lol. I’ve been immunizing like a freight train.

Leave me alone ya big meanie, 🤣

Hey @gkeller813 sorry man I am obviously sleep deprived but at least I was close. Hitch a ride if Hammy and I don’t make a road sign shooting trip (we’re both big kids, so I think we’re kidding on that one?).

They do. Damnit g******er### guys. I got ya all mixed up in my head, lol. I’m glad one of ya got selected and whomever I was going to play golf with last year but we had weather or something come up, sorry for getting you confused. 🤣

That looks very...very cool indeed!

I gotta check with my wife to see if she has us scheduled for anything that weekend. Consider me pondering.

Just realized the Griffin Gate is a Marriott hotel. Points! Also not sure how this will play out with the golf but I also have free night certificates.

Maybe we should let you book the rooms :LOL:

I "May" have to be out for Memorial day weekend. Volunteer signups for the Memorial Tournament are next week and I've traditionally tried to do my volunteer shifts on the Sunday and Monday before the tournament starts. No guarantees how things will work this year. I also potentially have soccer tickets for the 29th according to the newly released MLS schedule. As long as there are seating restrictions in place I may not be able to go but if by chance the state allows full capacity by then I'll have my normal season tickets to use and it is one of the final games in the old stadium before the new one opens in July.

Nothing confirmed but possible conflicts that will sort out.

Memorial Day weekend is usually baseball tournament and Rolling Thunder in DC. Not sure if either will be happening this year, but the weekend prior is still probably the best option for me.

Will start buttering up the wife upon my return home Friday. :p

Alan

1616717515092.jpeg

UK with 2 course optionsUKBigBlue13_0146ww.jpgUKBigBlue13_0181wwa.jpg

Last edited:
Or Kearney
1616718649878.jpeg

That's Hole #1 :oops:

UK with 2 course options
Big BLue is the UK College Tournament Course with an Island Green par 3 and Wildcat is just as nice and has it's own gorgeous holes.

Short but scary Par 5 3rd hole. It wont let you lay up.

All the courses are great courses and fun to play. Thanks for the pics guys. We are in for a treat no matter where we go.

Put me in as pondering for now. Sounds like a fun trip. My usual April trip to Kentucky fell through so Golf and Bourbon sound good to me. Either weekend should be good if I get the ok from my wife.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

🤛

Back