Unofficial 2021 Kentucky Bourbon Bash Gathering

Having grown up in the Bluegrass area of Kentucky I can assure you this will be fun. Also playing golf on real bluegrass is fun!
If time permits find some of older country roads that meander around the backsides of the horse farms in Scott,Franklin and Fayette counties. We used to call that a BG (BLUEGRASS TOUR) Of course i was in college and we were up to no good. If you look hard enough you will find the statue of Man O War. We used to climb on his back. He was huge. It is beautiful country.

First post updated!!

In for both days and lodging!

Bumping for interest. We need to know within the next week or so for anyone interested in joining us. Mainly from a lodging standpoint.

Count me in for golf, bourbon, and lodging for Saturday. If I make an odd number, I am willing to pull out.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
No Sir, we will make it work. I've got you added to the first post.

No Sir, we will make it work. I've got you added to the first post.
How soon do I have let you know about possible Friday night lodging? Coming in from NW Ohio and may drive all the way on Friday. I play in traveling league on Friday morning that finishes around 2.

How soon do I have let you know about possible Friday night lodging? Coming in from NW Ohio and may drive all the way on Friday. I play in traveling league on Friday morning that finishes around 2.

Can you kidnap @OhioGolfer and @Nerdy_81 for the weekend? They won't press charges, I'm positive :D

At this time I was only booking lodging for Saturday Night. If you want I can send you the website for Griffin Gate or you can book somewhere else. That's totally up to you.

I'm interested in playing with you guys and I live in the area. I have graduation events that could prevent me from joining and I don't know the schedule yet. Kearny Hills is basically my home course and I think it is wonderful if selected. You can literally drive the ball about anywhere and be in play. Now, once you hit the 1500 square foot fast greens you may be on the wrong level and you might 3 or 4 putt. Well, unless you have local knowledge guiding you:D

I'm interested in playing with you guys and I live in the area. I have graduation events that could prevent me from joining and I don't know the schedule yet. Kearny Hills is basically my home course and I think it is wonderful if selected. You can literally drive the ball about anywhere and be in play. Now, once you hit the 1500 square foot fast greens you may be on the wrong level and you might 3 or 4 putt. Well, unless you have local knowledge guiding you:D
Play at Kearney at least 5 times a year making the track up 64E from Louisville. Just keep us posted on whether you can make it. We'd love to have ya. I'll add ya to the first post as pondering.

Play at Kearney at least 5 times a year making the track up 64E from Louisville. Just keep us posted on whether you can make it. We'd love to have ya. I'll add ya to the first post as pondering.

will do, have you made any calls to the pro shop of Kearny? I'm down there saturday morning playing and I know the guys in pro shop by first name now. I can inquire about what it would take to gets a block of tee times. Typically you can't book until 7 days in advance and hard to get a block because they fill up quickly.

will do, have you made any calls to the pro shop of Kearny? I'm down there saturday morning playing and I know the guys in pro shop by first name now. I can inquire about what it would take to gets a block of tee times. Typically you can't book until 7 days in advance and hard to get a block because they fill up quickly.
I have not yet. I was gonna wait until I knew how many we had. If you want to ask them about 3 tee times for Sunday, May 30th that should cover it I would guess. I appreciate the help.

Next year, I want to join. Not possible this year. My son graduates HS on May 27 and I will have a house full of family visiting. I tried to talk my wife into entertaining my family from OKLA, but it was a no-go.;)

Guys & Gals we are gonna leave this open for another week or so because I need to get going on reservations due to the Holiday Weekend.

Anyone on the fence, c'mon and join us!!

Last edited:
What are the dates again?

Probably a Sunday round...but maybe Saturday. If it is a holiday weekend I sometimes go to Dayton to visit family.

What are the dates again?

Probably a Sunday round...but maybe Saturday. If it is a holiday weekend I sometimes go to Dayton to visit family.
Memorial Day weekend. Saturday, May 29th & Sunday, May 30th

I would love to play but I normally go to Dayton that weekend so I cannot commit right now :(

Back