Unofficial Arizona Golf Outing - Winter 2019

I spent the day yesterday show the course off to my coworker/golf buddies and convincing them that we need to make a trip down there. The full rate is crazy for the quality of that course!

Tons of awesome MTB trails also!

Regarding the next event: I think the event itself needs to be in Phoenix for turnout. I would be interested in going somewhere cool in the summer, but I don't think you would get as many people to go to Flagstaff or Torreon for an actual event. I have a cruise in March and June, but I should be good for a late spring event.

Depending on what deal we can find, we could do the event in Tucson again. I am not sure we can find a better combination of golf course and accommodations for the price.

I think we need to play 36 one day!

Maybe that is why most of the Tucson people went home so early Saturday night? You guys have a glow golf league or something so you could get in another 18?

Tons of awesome MTB trails also!
Oh yes there are. I've been coming to the Tucson area to MTB for 20 + years. I even have an "I ❤ La Milagrosa" t-shirt.

Indeed! Probably best to do that before the heat hits.
As far as PHX goes, it may be best to try and schedule it after Spring training is over. Maybe some of the PHX guys can chime in about prices and availability during that time of the year as far as places to stay? That is, if we are looking at a spring time event.

I haven’t rode in well over a year. I’ve been contemplating selling my bike since it has been sitting there. I’ve been more about playing golf and improving my game than anything.

The summer heat and golf bug took a real bite out my MTB level of activity. But i'm not willing to drop out of that sport. I just need to find some balance. My MTB buddies think i have abandoned them though.

Indeed! Probably best to do that before the heat hits.
As far as PHX goes, it may be best to try and schedule it after Spring training is over. Maybe some of the PHX guys can chime in about prices and availability during that time of the year as far as places to stay? That is, if we are looking at a spring time event.
You are spot on about getting past Spring Training. I played during ST two years ago and it was f*********ing expensive. Good call.

Last weekend was a blast. Wish we were all able to play every weekend! THP’ers are a blast to play with and hang out with. D505E713-EFAA-4083-BAD3-4AD09B049841.jpeg

agreed. I thought about asking if you were playing this weekend.
I wish. I might be done on weekend golf until after new year. I might try to squeeze something in during a week day

I wish. I might be done on weekend golf until after new year. I might try to squeeze something in during a week day
I'm fitting in two rounds this weekend, but then I'm out of town most of the rest of the year. I might try to play the 26 or 27 though.

I'm fitting in two rounds this weekend, but then I'm out of town most of the rest of the year. I might try to play the 26 or 27 though.
If I can get out either day, I will let you know. I have a raincheck for Orange Tree that expires 12/31, so I KNOW I am playing there this month.

Back