Unofficial Arizona Golf Outing - Winter 2019

For everyone who hasn't seen it yet.....I give you hole #10

From the Tips its a par 5 638 yards.

Good God! What is that carry to the fairway from the tips? Yeah, I'll be skipping the tips.:ROFLMAO:

Funny thing is, I was watching the fly over and it's getting to the end of the first fairway and in my mind I'm thinking "Where's the flag? Oh, you mean it keeps going? Yep, the flag is waaaaay down there". :oops:

I think we can make this happen for sure.....a few AZ members have expressed interest making this a semi/annual thing rotating between Phx and Tucson.
Oh hell, yeah. I might be able to re-kindle some connections and see what might be possible at The Rim Club, Chapparal Pines, or Torreon if folks want to get out of the heat in the summer, also.

Oh hell, yeah. I might be able to re-kindle some connections and see what might be possible at The Rim Club, Chapparal Pines, or Torreon if folks want to get out of the heat in the summer, also.

I've had Torreon on my list to play for a while.....HMMMMMM

I have always wanted to play Torreon. I used to have a customer that was a member there and always talked about it, but never have been. Sewailo is a LONG course when I look at Arcoss. It looks beautiful but very tough.

I've had Torreon on my list to play for a while.....HMMMMMM
I worked there for 11 years, brother. It's a couple of damned fun tracks. Bring your A-game though. With 187 bunkers between 36 holes and a couple of greens that are a clown's mouth short of ridiculous she is not a forgiving lady. It typically stimps out at 12 plus during the summer so bring some touch with that putter. I can only think of a few greens that I would consider even remotely flat (or at least not undulating in three directions). One is as shallow as the kiddie pool at the city park and the other is 75% surround by a creek bed that the rattlesnakes love. :oops:

10 is an A$$ kicker for sure lol. Going to be a great time.

Let me just tell you guys all those fairway bunkers are brutal. And they are everywhere lol

Let me just tell you guys all those fairway bunkers are brutal. And they are everywhere lol
I should be good. Fairway bunkers are usually close to the fairway ;)

Surprisingly, #10's bite isn't in the tee shot, it's the second shot. It's a tough shot that I can count on one hand that I've pulled off the way I planned.

U of A, U of A.... er now UArizona!

I can’t make it this year, but I’m planning on a late January early February trip down with a buddy

Informative video on how you can make a hole in one at Sewailo #3. So simple.

Informative video on how you can make a hole in one at Sewailo #3. So simple.

I was youtube surfing for course info after you posted the #10 flyover and came across this gem. I was thinking, "yeah, whoever gave that the o.k. to go live was asleep at the wheel". ?

Another day closer to the unofficial event.......Another hole.

#17 a par 4 that is 455 yards from the Bear Down tees. Do not put your tee shot left of the 150 yard pole, it is likely to run down the slope into the creek/pond. It may be the only hole without a bunker though.

Look at that green. I'm sure there are times the wonderful course manager puts the pin on the transition between levels and watches with glee as people putt into the creek.

I'm getting so freaking excited for this. Do we have an official "in/out" list? (For the record, I'm officially "in" :ROFLMAO:)

I'm getting so freaking excited for this. Do we have an official "in/out" list? (For the record, I'm officially "in" :ROFLMAO:)

I was thinking about looking through the thread and getting a list. I have 3 tee times but if we need more I will have to get it soon.

I'd like to play but it seems like everyone in here is a good golfer. I'd bring you down.

I'd like to play but it seems like everyone in here is a good golfer. I'd bring you down.

Not true.....we will have all kind of handicaps playing. You are more than welcome. We may have a competition but if we do it will be handicapped and you can play any tees you feel comfortable with. Though ur forum name gives me pause. mseASU? Joking....not joking?. :p

Ha, as a 7.3, you'll be fine. Come on over.

Back