Unofficial Arizona Golf Outing - Winter 2019

Hope I start playing better by this time. 3 dud rounds in a row.

Sewailo hosts the US open qualifier. My handicap puts me in the championship flight. I have no thoughts of winning but should be a great time w superior competition. If the UofA guys play in it at least I get to see some of the best ams in Tucson up close.
If I remember correctly, U of A team had 3 birdies and an eagle from the tips on #10 in a tournament earlier this year! :cool:

If I remember correctly, U of A team had 3 birdies and an eagle from the tips on #10 in a tournament earlier this year! :cool:

I unfortunately took a triple from there today. Shank on the second shot.

Hope I start playing better by this time. 3 dud rounds in a row.

At least you're playing! I haven't touched my clubs in weeks due to work craziness. I really need to get some practice in.

It doesn't matter though, this looks like a great time and I'm looking forward to it.

So additional info for this event. On December 7th the Titleist Fitting Experience will be at Sewailo. If you want a fitting time before the round and try the new line of Titleist clubs please let me know.
I'm game... not sure how I would hit with Titleist clubs but willing to find out.

I've always wanted to golf in Arizona....hmmmmm

Where's Mesaman?

I've always wanted to golf in Arizona....hmmmmm

Where's Mesaman?
Might as well hop in, brother. It's gotta be getting cold there, in MA, no? :p

I apologize if I am thread jacking, but was wondering how prices compared between the greater Phoenix/Scottsdale area and Tuscon during the winter time. Also, with the possibility of heading to Tuscon in late January, any recommendations? Thanks.

I apologize if I am thread jacking, but was wondering how prices compared between the greater Phoenix/Scottsdale area and Tuscon during the winter time. Also, with the possibility of heading to Tuscon in late January, any recommendations? Thanks.
I can't really help here, as I'm not local to those areas but be prepared to pay at almost any course. That is smack dab on their "in" season. All the snowbirds have made their migration, at that point, and the weather is perfect.

I'm sure the locals will have some better feedback. Let us know when your going to be in town. I'm sure there are a couple of us that will gladly tee it up with you if you're interested in some THP company. (y)

Hey Tim! I'm not really a local but I have visited Tucson a few times and enjoyed it. I've played at Starr Pass and Ventana Canyon and had fun both times - resort courses, desert golf, but playable for lousy duffers like me. I think Starr Pass was a bit nicer and more interesting, but it's traditional desert target golf so that may not strike your fancy. You're a lot better than I am so maybe you'd do just fine. :)

Like @robrandalgz says, late January will cost you. It's high season.

Everything I've read suggests Sewailo is way worth it and is a standout in Tucson, and I'm looking forward to playing there at the AZ outing in a few weeks. Hit me up if you come out and want to play a round, especially if you're in PHX at some point.

I’ve never played in Tucson . By January the public non municipal course I play the most in northern PHX will be $89 for public fee. I’m not certain if that’s a resident fee or not.

An other course like the Raven will be higher. Then the fancy stuff even more. Sorry I can’t put other numbers on rates fid you. This is my first prime season playing here.

Jan is the prime of the prime season. Right before the Waste Management and into that week (end of Jan/early Feb) you will see the highest prices in PHX. From Fiesta Bowl (semi final this year) to Barrett Jackson to Waste Management the only deal you are going to find in Jan is on the beer when you play Golden Tee at a bar.

I can't imagine Tucson even being close to the prices in PHX during that time but I also don't golf in Tucson very often.

@time4tim prices will be high In each place at that time. Tucson is probably a bit cheaper would be my guess. If you are coming to Tucson let’s set up a time. Sewalio is a must play and I really like Ventana Canyon. Tons of options here to play!

$100 for decent course at that time @time4tim $200 for more of the popular Scottsdale courses. Golfnow.com works well at that time because there are still courses that will not fill their tee times and you can probably find some afternoon weekdays for good courses around $65

I just got this message from one of the pros in the shop this afternoon. I will share if anyone is interested.

"I saw that you have a few tee times on December 7th. Titleist is coming out on that day and doing free ball fittings I was wondering if any of your players would be interested in doing that before their tee time? They will be on the range and appointments take 15 minutes. All I would need is a name and what type of ball they play most often. They will also get free samples of their recommended golf ball. Just let me know, you can have them reach out to me regarding that as well."

I've done this before at the Titleist Event in Savannah and could not recommend it enough.

I just got this message from one of the pros in the shop this afternoon. I will share if anyone is interested.

"I saw that you have a few tee times on December 7th. Titleist is coming out on that day and doing free ball fittings I was wondering if any of your players would be interested in doing that before their tee time? They will be on the range and appointments take 15 minutes. All I would need is a name and what type of ball they play most often. They will also get free samples of their recommended golf ball. Just let me know, you can have them reach out to me regarding that as well."

I've done this before at the Titleist Event in Savannah and could not recommend it enough.

In on that who do i call?

All depends on the time I get down from PHX. I'll definitely need some range time to shake off the car ride paralysis. I did the Bridgestone online video ball fitting. would be interesting to see if in person produces different results.

All depends on the time I get down from PHX. I'll definitely need some range time to shake off the car ride paralysis. I did the Bridgestone online video ball fitting. would be interesting to see if in person produces different results.

If you want in.....just let me know what ball you are playing. If you miss your fitting time I don't think it will be a big deal.

If you want in.....just let me know what ball you are playing. If you miss your fitting time I don't think it will be a big deal.

I play Cut Grey or Top Flight Gamers.

Sounds interesting, I'll give it a go. Name is Greg, or sourmash, and I play Srixon QStar Tour, badly.

Put me down for the ball fitting. I'm going to leave Show Low at about 3:30 a.m. on Saturday and, like mtbloco, I'll need to hit the range to get rid of the car legs.

edit: I'm currently switching back between Z-Stars and Q-Star Tours (probably gaming the Z-Stars for our outing).

Ok, count me in! 23.6 Hcp - My name is Bryan, by the way. I can take over for Measu on the day they’re not playing. Since it looks like you have 12 confirmed thus far.

I’m down in Green Valley/Sahuarita. How many of you guys are in Tucson? Does anyone ever travel down my way to play?

Ok, count me in! 23.6 Hcp - My name is Bryan, by the way. I can take over for Measu on the day they’re not playing. Since it looks like you have 12 confirmed thus far.

I’m down in Green Valley/Sahuarita. How many of you guys are in Tucson? Does anyone ever travel down my way to play?

Fitting you in should not be an issue for one or both days. @phoffer may be still recovering from an injury.

I think there are at least 5 or 6 THPers in Tucson.....not including you.

I play in Green Valley sometimes.....to be honest mostly in overseeding season. Usually at San Ignacio.

Back