Unofficial THP Bourbon Trail Bash Spring 2020!

Those would be great to check out. I always get confused on bourbon and whiskey and how they are differentiated. Is buffalo trace bourbon?
The tours always go a little more in depth, but here's the basics from Jim beam:

1. Made in United States of America (not Kentucky) Although KY does make the best because of its limestone water source!
2. Product from a fermented mash of 51% corn at least.
3. Distilled at no more than 160 proof
4. Stored at no more than 125 proof in new, charred oak barrels.
5. Aged for minimum two years.
6. Free from additives.

Current dates work for me. I don't even know what the Bourbon Trail is, but I like bourbon and golf. Interested in hearing about location.

Last fall; myself @LLIB @KY Golfer and @gmiller598 took on a couple of Kentucky's courses along the bourbon trail and hit up some of Bourbon tasting rooms. We're early planning for another go at this. Maybe some different sites, maybe different courses, but all the fun and more! We'd love to have more people join in this year! Fyi! You don't have to drink, or even love bourbon to come hang & play golf!
The dates we're looking at are: tentatively April 25/26. Post up if you're interested, or if you're for sure in!

Definitely interested.

Please message me when you know what dates are written in stone. I have some freedom with my Schedule and also ample time off, Semi-Retired.

So most days would work. But I honestly do still have some professional commitments, so I always need to plan ahead.

Not to mention that I love tasting and enjoying a good bourbon with a finely cooked steak. As long as I have a Designated Driver of Course.

Either way we will enjoy following along.

Cheers :drinks::thp:

The tours always go a little more in depth, but here's the basics from Jim beam:

1. Made in United States of America (not Kentucky) Although KY does make the best because of its limestone water source!
2. Product from a fermented mash of 51% corn at least.
3. Distilled at no more than 160 proof
4. Stored at no more than 125 proof in new, charred oak barrels.
5. Aged for minimum two years.
6. Free from additives.
Simply Irresistible!

Current dates work for me. I don't even know what the Bourbon Trail is, but I like bourbon and golf. Interested in hearing about location.
The bourbon trail is a group of distillers that are located all over KY that offer tours and tastings. Below are list from Wikipedia:

I’ve been away from this site, and unfortunately golf, for the past couple years. But I’m back now and would love to join in on this!!

I’ve been away from this site, and unfortunately golf, for the past couple years. But I’m back now and would love to join in on this!!
Come on, welcome back!!

I'm in depending on dates for the golf at least and I am good with April 25-26.

Damn...followed along with this last year and it looked awesome. Unfortunately the dates don’t work this year. Have fun & drink some good bourbon!!!

@KY Golfer this trip sounds great but I’m going to be in France. See you in Myrtle Beach in a few months

20150620_150115.jpg20150620_142924.jpg

Enjoy it! NEOH here what dates?

If you go to Woodford you should definitely look at Double Oaked, and when I say look at I mean buy.

If you go to Woodford you should definitely look at Double Oaked, and when I say look at I mean buy.
o_O Woodford(and 1792):giggle::giggle:

Bump for interest. Hoping to nail down some specifics with the guys here in the near future.

o_O Woodford(and 1792):giggle::giggle:

Beautiful! Does this mean you are going to Bardstown for the outing - Heaven Hill, Barton, Bardstown Bourbon and willett all close by technically a Four Roses Warehouse... not sure that it counts.

Notice I left one major player out.... yuck

Beautiful! Does this mean you are going to Bardstown for the outing - Heaven Hill, Barton, Bardstown Bourbon and willett all close by technically a Four Roses Warehouse... not sure that it counts.

Notice I left one major player out.... yuck
We went to Heaven Hill & Bardstown Bourbon last year, possibly looking at the Lexington/Frankfort area

Sounds like Woodford (south)and Buffalo Trace (camera icon) then

1581003518649.png

We did a bachelor party and added town branch (bad bourbon IMO but a great dessert coffee type treat below) to Woodford and the beer stop apart of Town Branch.

1581003716911.png

OK my bourbon buds....What is the value of a 12 yr old bottle of Special Reserve Van Winkle worth?

Following! Looks like fun!

Bumping this to the top

Would like to start getting specifics nailed down in early March to get anyone traveling some options!

Back