Unofficial THP New England Outing: 2020

OITW

Reaction score
2020 Unofficial New England Outing!!!

ALL ARE WELCOME!!!!

People keep asking, so we'll do something.

Last year was here

2018 was an early Spring event here

It was here in 2017

The 2016 event was here and it was outstanding!

We did it here in 2015 and it was a BLAST!

Date: Saturday September, 26th

Location(s): 9 holes at CCNH in North Sutton, NH followed by 18 holes at Montcalm GC in Grantham, NH

DSC0027-HDR.jpg

Photo Courtesy of CCNH

crw_800h_500a_cc-13.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Montcalm GC

Price:

$49 for 9 holes at CCNH

$80 for 18 holes at Montcalm

Includes:
1 Round of Golf, Cart

Cancellation Policy:
TBD

Lodging:

Montcalm Stay & Play

Eastman Stay & Play

*Book on your own*

Interested:

Confirmed:
OITW
@Scarnici
@Jaymo37
@GraniteRoost
@Kenomikes
@Bcape9

9 Hole Pairings Eastman: Tee Times Start at 8am
OITW
@Scarnici

@Jaymo37
@GraniteRoost
@kenomikes

18 Hole Pairings Montcalm: Tee Times Start at 12pm

OITW
@Scarnici
@GraniteRoost

@Jaymo37
@Kenomikes
@Bcape9

Meetup Post Round
Harpoon Brewery
Windsor, VT

Last edited:
Forgot to add we're booking 8 spots for the 9 hole and 12 spots for the later round. Due to some no shows last year going to hold firm to people who can absolutely be there and not ghost us/course.

Cant wait

Fall golf in the mountains! Excited to see everyone!

Love me a New England outing! This is the weekend before we move so might need to see how the next week-ish shakes out before committing if that works.

Love me a New England outing! This is the weekend before we move so might need to see how the next week-ish shakes out before committing if that works.

I can text Ang for you :p;)

2020 Unofficial New England Outing!!!

ALL ARE WELCOME!!!!

People keep asking, so we'll do something.

Last year was here

2018 was an early Spring event here

It was here in 2017

The 2016 event was here and it was outstanding!

We did it here in 2015 and it was a BLAST!

Date: Saturday September, 26th

Location(s): 9 holes at
Eastman Golf Links in Grantham, NH followed by 18 holes at Montcalm GC in Grantham, NH

3rd-Green-from-Drone-2020-1030x773.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Eastman GC

crw_800h_500a_cc-13.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Montcalm GC

Price:

$47 for 9 holes at Eastman

$80 for 18 holes at Montcalm

Includes:
1 Round of Golf, Cart

Cancellation Policy:
TBD

Lodging:

Montcalm Stay & Play

Eastman Stay & Play

*Book on your own*

Interested:

Confirmed:
OITW
@Scarnici
@Jaymo37
@GraniteRoost

9 Hole Pairings Eastman: Tee Times Start at 8am

18 Hole Pairings Eastman: Tee Times Start at 11am

Meetup Post Round
Harpoon Brewery
Windsor, VT
Great venues fellas. If I wasn't in Maine with the fam that day I'd absolutely figure out a way to partake. Have fun!

Let's chat this up a bit. Montcalm was created and owned by Andy Sigler, former CEO of Champion International paper company. He is a member of the Dartmouth Board of Trustees, and a member at Augusta National and Cypress Point. He spared no expense when he built the course, insisting that George Sargent be on-site throughout the construction phase.

Here is some more info:

https://montcalmgolfclub.com/about-us/

Also, the course has a notably similar hole to the 12th at Augusta... its pretty fun to play, especially on its own merits.

https://montcalmgolfclub.com/grade-a-architecture/

September 1, 2020

5th hole / 161 Yards / Par-3
Architect: Phillip Wogan and George Sargent (2004)

Architecture - Montcalm Golf Club, New Hampshire

Imitation is often cited as the sincerest form of flattery and for those able to venture to Montcalm Golf Club they will encounter a layout that provides a range of holes and terrain changes. Montcalm came into existence through the efforts of its original owner — Andy Sigler. An avid golfer, Sigler is also a member of Augusta National Golf Club and he wanted to see the architectural design duo of Wogan and Sargent recreate one of the most famous holes in all of golf — the renowned par-3 12th.

Unlike the Georgia-based club that annually hosts the famed Masters tournament, Montcalm is situated between the Green Mountains National Forest and the White Mountain National Forest in the Upper Valley section of the Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee region. At an elevation above 1,000 feet, Montcalm has panoramic mountain views of Killington, Vermont’s Green Mountain and Mt. Ascutney.

The par-3 5th commences from an elevated tee. The 4,691 square feet green is located just over a fronting creek with a solitary bunker between the creek and the putting surface. The green is diagonally situated and requires a deft touch. The target is deep at 41 yards but it also necks down considerably in the middle section to a landing area no wider than 12 yards.

Wind patterns can be vexing with ever shifting outcomes. Pin placements can be quite varied and each presents a whole range of shot making commitments. A frontal pin mandates the wherewithal to land one’s approach deep enough into the green to avoid a pesky false front that can quickly pull one’s ball off the green.

Golfers overly aggressive with their tee shot face a daunting challenge when overshooting the target. A severe hillside awaits and there are deep swales that can impose daunting recovery situations.

“The 5th is short in length but requires course management and shot making skills because it has absolutely everything,” said Steve Rogers, Director of Golf at Montcalm Golf Club. “The undulations in the green and the fact that the landing area is built diagonally leaves no safe spot or bail out. It’s well-bunkered in the front and there’s a collection area in the rear. You need trajectory and a soft landing with zero spin to hit one’s ball at the flag.”

Let's chat this up a bit. Montcalm was created and owned by Andy Sigler, former CEO of Champion International paper company. He is a member of the Dartmouth Board of Trustees, and a member at Augusta National and Cypress Point. He spared no expense when he built the course, insisting that George Sargent be on-site throughout the construction phase.

Here is some more info:

https://montcalmgolfclub.com/about-us/

Also, the course has a notably similar hole to the 12th at Augusta... its pretty fun to play, especially on its own merits.

https://montcalmgolfclub.com/grade-a-architecture/

September 1, 2020

5th hole / 161 Yards / Par-3
Architect: Phillip Wogan and George Sargent (2004)

Imitation is often cited as the sincerest form of flattery and for those able to venture to Montcalm Golf Club they will encounter a layout that provides a range of holes and terrain changes. Montcalm came into existence through the efforts of its original owner — Andy Sigler. An avid golfer, Sigler is also a member of Augusta National Golf Club and he wanted to see the architectural design duo of Wogan and Sargent recreate one of the most famous holes in all of golf — the renowned par-3 12th.

Unlike the Georgia-based club that annually hosts the famed Masters tournament, Montcalm is situated between the Green Mountains National Forest and the White Mountain National Forest in the Upper Valley section of the Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee region. At an elevation above 1,000 feet, Montcalm has panoramic mountain views of Killington, Vermont’s Green Mountain and Mt. Ascutney.

The par-3 5th commences from an elevated tee. The 4,691 square feet green is located just over a fronting creek with a solitary bunker between the creek and the putting surface. The green is diagonally situated and requires a deft touch. The target is deep at 41 yards but it also necks down considerably in the middle section to a landing area no wider than 12 yards.

Wind patterns can be vexing with ever shifting outcomes. Pin placements can be quite varied and each presents a whole range of shot making commitments. A frontal pin mandates the wherewithal to land one’s approach deep enough into the green to avoid a pesky false front that can quickly pull one’s ball off the green.

Golfers overly aggressive with their tee shot face a daunting challenge when overshooting the target. A severe hillside awaits and there are deep swales that can impose daunting recovery situations.

“The 5th is short in length but requires course management and shot making skills because it has absolutely everything,” said Steve Rogers, Director of Golf at Montcalm Golf Club. “The undulations in the green and the fact that the landing area is built diagonally leaves no safe spot or bail out. It’s well-bunkered in the front and there’s a collection area in the rear. You need trajectory and a soft landing with zero spin to hit one’s ball at the flag.”
Man I have got to get up there before the end of this year.

Who else is joining us??

Very nice looking golf course.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Montcalm looks great. I do bang around a lot but that weekend I'll be in PA with family. Enjoy.

I would love to do this... Stupid COVID rules... :at-wits-end:

@gr8dryv @Kenomikes @kenh @

Definitely missed it last time i was there, need to stock up

I can vouch for their Bourbon Whiskey. I've not tried, but will be, their Vodka, touted as their flagship spirit, and both Gin and Reserve Gin which look excellent.

Arg, Sept 26th is both my anniversary and one of my kids' birthdays so I'm out.

Whoa, just saw this. I'm in. Bringing my designated driver Kim too, she can shop while I play.

Edit: In for both rounds.

Vt have some restrictions, not sure I'm allowed there.

Back