Unofficial THP New England Outing: 2020

Vt have some restrictions, not sure I'm allowed there.

That is a fair point. NH is good with all New Englanders, and VT is more particular. Here is the VT map:

VT COVID TRAVEL 91120.PNG
There are backup dining options in NH if we are concerned about Harpoon in VT

Last edited:
Just a quick note that the above map pertains only to VT. Both courses are in NH, which is firmly open for business with New Englanders!

From https://www.covidguidance.nh.gov/out-state-visitors

"The two week self-quarantine has been lifted for those traveling to New Hampshire from surrounding New England States (Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island). Those traveling to New Hampshire from non-New England states for an extended period of time are still asked to self-quarantine for a two-week period."

Just a quick note that the above map pertains only to VT. Both courses are in NH, which is firmly open for business with New Englanders!

From https://www.covidguidance.nh.gov/out-state-visitors

"The two week self-quarantine has been lifted for those traveling to New Hampshire from surrounding New England States (Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island). Those traveling to New Hampshire from non-New England states for an extended period of time are still asked to self-quarantine for a two-week period."

Right. @OITW they sell beer in NH? Might have to change the post rounds meet up!

This is a possibility. I have been looking forward to it since last year at Crumpin or a couple of years ago getting Tail. But my sister is moving from NH to OK end of September and has asked for help. Her and her husband buy stuff from thrift stores and flea markets and resell on Ebay. Needless to say they don't resell enough and have tons upon tons of stuff. You want old blank new cassettes they got them. Old Atari, Colecovision, Nintendo systems and games they got them. ETC They have a split level house and the basement, two bedrooms, two car garage and two sheds are full of stuff

Would rather golf

Although this year is not possible with travel restrictions etc., I would definitely be interested in something in the future with the New Englanders, as I'm from the Albany area and close to VT, NH, and MA.

Although this year is not possible with travel restrictions etc., I would definitely be interested in something in the future with the New Englanders, as I'm from the Albany area and close to VT, NH, and MA.

Next year it is, maybe.

VT allows people to quarantine for 7 days and take a test (the approach I'm taking). I'll actually be headed back from VT and to an early Thanksgiving with my family so I won't be able to join.

Arrgg, been trying for the past 2 days to get some boat hauling and transport rescheduled on the 25th and 26th.
Bleak outlook for me to tee it up with THPers for the first time. :(

hopefully will be able got atkinson on monday and two days at samoset with wife mid october

No go this year. I'd have to quarantine in Vermont and or New Hampshire.

Lame, I thought NY was updated as approved per those states? I think it's county dependent

Lame, I thought NY was updated as approved per those states? I think it's county dependent

NH is only New England, not NY.

Apparently, but my county is not one of the approved for travel without quarantine.

Make sure you’re looking at NH , not VT. Just in case.

76759239.jpg

Courtyard by Marriott – Lebanon, NH

We’re gonna book here Friday and Saturday, seems nice.

76759239.jpg

Courtyard by Marriott – Lebanon, NH

We’re gonna book here Friday and Saturday, seems nice.
I know I’m talking to myself, lol, but maybe I’ll play 9 holes Friday afternoon too somewhere?

Eastman Golf Club sounds nice Friday afternoon for a quick 9. 😬

Eastman Golf Club sounds nice Friday afternoon for a quick 9. 😬

Haha make sure you do the other 9 than the one we play Saturday

Eastman requires intensive local knowledge with lots of blind shots and doglegs, and hilly contours. Wouldn't be the worst thing to play the same nine back to back!

Country Club of NH off Exit 10 I-89 is also a decent potential Friday round en route to the Upper Valley. The layout is remarkably good for the prices, and nice views of Mt. Kearsarge especially on the back nine. It's full length at 6800 or 6900 yards, pretty decent conditions typically, and cheap. Like $25 or so walking $45 with cart for 18 during the week, not much more on weekends. Eastman is probably conditioned better, and a little more expensive.

There is some potential that I may be able to sneak away for a Friday round if others are playing.

Really building it up dude

This IS the Official Un-Official 2020 New England Gathering. The hype is real!

Won’t be able to stay over but green light for the 18 on Saturday. Let’s go!

Back