Updating my Wilson irons...

stcjones

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing the Wilson D100 irons and hybrids for the past 7 plus years. I am curious as to whether all the sets that have come out since these “dinosaurs”:), are similar to them as far as flight, feel etc?! I am looking into a set of either D300 or D7 with graphite shafts (had graphite in D100). Are there a lot of differences between the 2? I know they changed “power hole” setup and placement.....but for those of you that have tried both of these irons....how do they compare?! I am assuming that hopefully the offset and lie angles are similar to D100....because whatever that offset is....it works for me!! Any input you can provide is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

I don't know what Wilson is doing with clubs these days. In between, they launched a very nice set of crossover player irons called the C series. Now they seem to be moving everyone back to a D series which is available in forged.

What I can say is that the C300 irons in cast (which I own) or forged got rave reviews. The kbs tour 90 shafts in the c300 cast iron are very hard to beat unless you are a 3 handi shaping shots. I hit a 9i about 140 to 145 in south florida on Sunday. I'm playing the kbs tour 90 in stiff. My swing is smooth enough I likely could play the regular. these mid-weight shafts are great for guys who generate some speed but not like you were 30.

look at reviews on this site

I have the new D7's and they are fantastic, almost hard to hit a terrible shot

Are you sold on Wilson? There's a plethora of clubs out there that might suit you...

Tour Edge
Ping
Callaway
Cobra
Titleist
Taylor Made
KZG
Cleveland
Srixon

I haven't hit them but the D7 line gets rave reviews from just about everyone. The D7 Forged will be at the the very top of my list next time I buy clubs.

I'm a wilson guy from way back. Played Wilson blades given to me when I was 26 yrs old, then got Fat Shafts 10 yrs later with graphite and they changed my game. Straight and long. Cured a bad slice. Upgraded to another set of Fat Shafts and Played those until I got fit last year. 2nd Swing. I felt they were pushing the Callaway Rogue pretty hard, but I was a lot longer with little dispersion difference with the Wilson d7 if you took out the outliers from each.
I'm way happy with the Wilson D7's. I know they are stronger lofts and all. Everybody goes there. But my score dropped by 5 strokes last year. Love the gap wedge. Its my go to around the green. Which is where I think I picked up a lot of strokes. I can get an occasional flier. Hit the 6 iron 200 a few times. Usually 180.
But definitely get fit. I swung 180 times and the readout you get is really interesting. totally worth the $$
I didnt buy from them.

Still gaming the D100 driver and don't see a reason to change.

thanks for great reply! I also played almost every fat shaft model finishing with D11’s!!! I am definitely going to take look at D7’s!!! Thx again

I'm a wilson guy from way back. Played Wilson blades given to me when I was 26 yrs old, then got Fat Shafts 10 yrs later with graphite and they changed my game. Straight and long. Cured a bad slice. Upgraded to another set of Fat Shafts and Played those until I got fit last year. 2nd Swing. I felt they were pushing the Callaway Rogue pretty hard, but I was a lot longer with little dispersion difference with the Wilson d7 if you took out the outliers from each.
I'm way happy with the Wilson D7's. I know they are stronger lofts and all. Everybody goes there. But my score dropped by 5 strokes last year. Love the gap wedge. Its my go to around the green. Which is where I think I picked up a lot of strokes. I can get an occasional flier. Hit the 6 iron 200 a few times. Usually 180.
But definitely get fit. I swung 180 times and the readout you get is really interesting. totally worth the $$
I didnt buy from them.

The new D7's look sick.
C300s I heard are decent.
I still love my C200s.

Wilson Staff just has too many awesome sets out!

No one ever needs a reason to replace clubs. Even less reason if they're 7 years old.

I remember playing a set of Deep Reds years and years ago - loved those clubs!

D7s look good. I was so close to upgrading to those, but opted for the Mavrik MAX this go round. I could have saved some money on the D7s and I like Wilson clubs. I still have my Di7 set.

I've hit and owned a lot of Wilson clubs but first, are you planning an order without hitting them first?

I'm a fan of the D7, D7 Forged, C300. I've heard good things about the D300 as well but I do not have any experience with them.

thanks...no I will definitely be hitting them just can’t obviously right now....but trying to get some feedback ahead of time from those that have hit D7 and D300....I’m thinking the cast head will be fine for me and probably need to “help” at this point in my golfing life...the new D7s look Sick though .....Wilson is doing awesome job with their tech and offerings...thanks again

I've hit and owned a lot of Wilson clubs but first, are you planning an order without hitting them first?

I'm a fan of the D7, D7 Forged, C300. I've heard good things about the D300 as well but I do not have any experience with them.

Several posted about the c200's on sale in graphite. The c200 head is very similar to the c300. I have both sets in the same shaft. I practice with my c200's and keep them in Florida over the winter. c300 is slightly better but not enough to change my scoring. can't go wrong either way. I will say that both the c200 and C300 where a nice upgrade from my 2010 era wilson CI9's which were nice irons but 10 years and tech changes a little.

If not minding paying full price, the new D7 looks great and I'm sure is.

I'll admit, some of the Wilson clubs have some nice styling. They just don't have a lot of options for lefties... so I don't even consider them as an option for me... but this is about you!

Check out some of the reviews here on THP for Wilson. Here's a link. I hope it works... if not, go to the top of the bar and select Articles. Then select News and Reviews... and search for Wilson

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/?s=wilson <--- the link.
Wilson search <--- the link hot

I am moving between mp54 and FG F5 right now. Pretty impressed with the F5. Fixed everything I didn't like about the M3 and I find them very forgiving.

I’m a lefty too!!...and yes always a struggle to find LH equipment!!!! Thanks a lot for the links man....really appreciate that!

I'll admit, some of the Wilson clubs have some nice styling. They just don't have a lot of options for lefties... so I don't even consider them as an option for me... but this is about you!

Check out some of the reviews here on THP for Wilson. Here's a link. I hope it works... if not, go to the top of the bar and select Articles. Then select News and Reviews... and search for Wilson

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/?s=wilson <--- the link.
Wilson search <--- the link hot

Haven't hit them but if you want some brand loyalty is try the D7s lots of good reviews and the irons look superb!

No worries! Alls good. Hope you find what you’re looking for

Back