US Amateur Golf @Bandon Dunes TV Coverage

Left it short. C’mon Ollie, sink that putt.

Well played by both guys.

Very entertaining match. Pretty high quality most of the time.

What a match! Makes me want to go hit some balls!

Wow, what a finish. Great match down the stretch!

This was a great match between them...battling every hole no matter what and some real clutch shots by both!

That was good television and good golf. We need more quality match play on tv. Like @mmaynard11 said, makes me want to go get after it!

And Bandon Dunes looked amazing (even with the fog!) ... definitely on the bucket list now

Of all the players I saw over these last few days, I think Ollie has the best chance of making it in the future. That kid is just cool as a cucumber and has the game to go with it. That easy power sure was on display and so repeatable. Like others have said, how refreshing was his routine and pace?! Definitely rooting for him at Augusta.

Interesting I didn’t know they didn’t move tees or pin placements from the morning round.
They did move the tee on one par-3 (12 I think?). It was in the 190s in the morning round, but only in the 130s in the later round.

Well F me. I taped this. Came home after paying golf and watched it only to have the recording end after Stafacci was in the sh*t on 17. No idea who won or how it happened.

Well F me. I taped this. Came home after paying golf and watched it only to have the recording end after Stafacci was in the sh*t on 17. No idea who won or how it happened.
Strafaci won on 18.

Strafaci smoked a great 2nd shot into 18 to leave about 15 ft for eagle; was eventually conceded his birdie putt. Osborne was off the green to the right in 2, but couldn't get up and down to extend the match.

I was pulling for Ollie, but I gotta give Strafaci full credit. To be able to gather himself enough to put together those two great shots on 18 after I'm quite sure he thought he was about to throw it all away was absolutely clutch.

For a while, I thought Strafaci was the only one playing as the announcers couldn't shut up about him.

Strafaci with the trophy at Georgia Tech Football practice this morning. Cool to see the achievement shared and celebrated within the athletics department.
0bb59ad0a4110357e6230616ce7bc931.jpg

Back