US Open Qualifier 2021 - My Journey

I was somewhere approaching a 2 in June last year, and my cap has improved by 7, with my driver distance going down. Short game can almost always get better.

The effects it has on the rest of your game can be astounding. Frees up so many things when you can be as confident with that wedge as you are with your putter. You mentioned your coach/lessons with that. I hope there are great strides in the future there. With your confidence in your iron game that ceiling could get higher than you think.

You don't actually drink those Naturdays while you play, do you?
Anyone that has ever played with me knows that I drink Naturdays on the course. My coach also the GM keeps them stocked in the bev cart for me. Only course that I know of.....that is not a joke.

have you considered taking shots while playing? :ROFLMAO:
Chewing some Tiger featured CBD gum?

Too much mental math?
Booze always helps the game. This is an absolute fact

Anyone that has ever played with me knows that I drink Naturdays on the course. My coach also the GM keeps them stocked in the bev cart for me. Only course that I know of.....that is not a joke.

So do you plan on drinking during competition? I'm only asking from a sports psychology standpoint.

Naturdays... brooo, bro...

There's definitely a line for me. A couple beers can serve as nice "swing lube", but things can start going downhill fast if I keep slamming them.

So do you plan on drinking during competition? I'm only asking from a sports psychology standpoint.
I would not advise that unless your smoking a Marlboro at the same time

I have drank for all Tucson am, THP and league events. If allowed....yes

There's definitely a line for me. A couple beers can serve as nice "swing lube", but things can start going downhill fast if I keep slamming them.
I’m not sure Naturdays count as drinking

I have drank for all Tucson am, THP and league events. If allowed....yes
I'm pretty sure it's allowed. I'm also pretty sure it adds a fairly unpredictable chemical element to the side of the game you said you struggle the most with, so that might be something to look at if you're wanting to reach your ultimate potential. Not knocking your habits or anything. It's just one more variable, in a game we often try to eliminate as many as possible.

If I was you I’d go out in style with some camel non filters. Now your bringing the heat!

I have played quite a few rounds with my friend, Chris. This is just my unprofessional opinion.

There are no real flaws in his game. When we have played, it has been just for fun and not competitive, but in the fun rounds maybe he hits driver that brings trouble into play when there is no real advantage? He seems to be as accurate from 70 as he is from 40 so there is no need to bring trouble into play sometimes?

I believe his ability to drop to the plus side of handicap is simply getting to know his strengths and playing to those. And like any good player, putting. Chris is good with the flatstick. If he makes one more 15’ putt per round and a few 10-12’ putts per round, he is right there.

I have played quite a few rounds with my friend, Chris. This is just my unprofessional opinion.

There are no real flaws in his game. When we have played, it has been just for fun and not competitive, but in the fun rounds maybe he hits driver that brings trouble into play when there is no real advantage? He seems to be as accurate from 70 as he is from 40 so there is no need to bring trouble into play sometimes?

I believe his ability to drop to the plus side of handicap is simply getting to know his strengths and playing to those. And like any good player, putting. Chris is good with the flatstick. If he makes one more 15’ putt per round and a few 10-12’ putts per round, he is right there.
Thanks for this but mentally I’m a few sandwiches short of a picnic

Having played quite a bit with you Chris, you just find a way to put your approaches very close to the hole. The flatstick is solid as well. I never noticed you being a head case but I think we all try to hide that weakness as much as possible.

Thanks for this but mentally I’m a few sandwiches short of a picnic
Do you think that playing a lot of tournament/competitive golf between now and then might help with that? Get you used to the pressure so it's routine and not a big deal anymore?

When I beat you in Net Skins I’m coming to this thread to brag about it.

@robrandalgz has taught me well.

I would have never considered your weakness as “mental.” Get to know your strengths and play to them. I am serious when I say that I don’t feel there are weaknesses in your game.

I would have never considered your weakness as “mental.” Get to know your strengths and play to them. I am serious when I say that I don’t feel there are weaknesses in your game.
I know just joking. Closing the round out is a big problem. Look to far ahead.

What a great thread, looking forward to this! Not something I can even comprehend being good enough to consider, so kudos to you.

Back