US Open Staff Bags

Hasn't the US Open always been about celebrating the red/white/blue?

I don't think so. Same can be argued for the (British) Open not being a celebration of flag of England.

This is the best I've been able to scrounge up at a moment's notice, but in the last 20 years only 2 (maybe 3) US Open logos feature any sort of American flag, whether in the logo or in the theme. Those being 2000 (Pebble Beach) 2003 (Olympia Fields - has a small flag) and 2019 (Pebble Beach again)

So no, I do not think the US open is synonymous with red white and blue.

I don't think so. Same can be argued for the (British) Open not being a celebration of flag of England.

This is the best I've been able to scrounge up at a moment's notice, but in the last 20 years only 2 (maybe 3) US Open logos feature any sort of American flag, whether in the logo or in the theme. Those being 2000 (Pebble Beach) 2003 (Olympia Fields - has a small flag) and 2019 (Pebble Beach again)

I would not be opposed at all if I saw a ton of Union Jacks or Saltire's plastered on bags during the British Open. I think that would be cool. Heck, if players wanted to, I'd love to see them represent their own country's flag for either event on their bags. Think of the fits collectors would have (but it would be an awesome collection).

I would not be opposed at all if I saw a ton of Union Jacks or Saltire's plastered on bags during the British Open. I think that would be cool. Heck, if players wanted to, I'd love to see them represent their own country's flag for either event on their bags. Think of the fits collectors would have (but it would be an awesome collection).
And many brands have over the years. We even have had several iterations at different THP Experiences over the years including one year Callaway had the Open Championship staff bags for all of the participants and it was definitely a British theme.

This Catalina wine mixer theme is not great.

E8411DAA-A458-469B-85F4-37F16365E646.jpeg
Matches my orange theme very well, looks even better in person.

I love the idea of players having their home country's flag incorporated in their bag designs, but that being said, I think the American flag motif (or any other nation) should be left for when the players are actually playing for their country i.e the Olympics, Ryder Cup, President's Cup, etc.

I thought plenty of Euros turned their nose up at the idea of calling it the "British" Open. It's "The Open Championship" and hardly has the same sort of presentation over the years as the US Open, which has gone pretty aggressively red/white/blue for as long as I can remember. I looked back briefly and can't find a "U.S." Open logo without "U.S." in it.

I'm fine with disagreeing. I see retro between material, logos used, and strange color blends. You see a great bag that references the region.

I thought plenty of Euros turned their nose up at the idea of calling it the "British" Open. It's "The Open Championship" and hardly has the same sort of presentation over the years as the US Open, which has gone pretty aggressively red/white/blue for as long as I can remember. I looked back briefly and can't find a "U.S." Open logo without "U.S." in it.

I'm fine with disagreeing. I see retro between material, logos used, and strange color blends. You see a great bag that references the region.
Their annual motif does not include the use of the EU flag, or some sort of hybrid now that the UK is out. This applies to the Irish Open, and Australian Open as well. They are all their own national championships, but no country is represented as an individual competitor (like in the Olympics.)

I have no issue with you liking red white and blue in a combo - It looks great. I just don't think those colors, in any way (historically, or by field make up) define the championship.

Their annual motif does not include the use of the EU flag, or some sort of hybrid now that the UK is out. This applies to the Irish Open, and Australian Open as well. They are all their own national championships, but no country is represented as an individual competitor (like in the Olympics.)

I have no issue with you liking red white and blue in a combo - It looks great. I just don't think those colors, in any way (historically, or by field make up) define the championship.
I know it doesn't for "The Open" haha that is what I was saying.

-- it also doesn't surprise me that the "US" Open is the one out of all of them going flag heavy or country-color heavy. We'll see if the trend continues.

I really don't think I need to post anymore. @Space Bandito is basically speaking for me at this point...

I really don't think I need to post anymore. @Space Bandito is basically speaking for me at this point...
I love navy, red, and white as a color scheme, but I kind of don't like the commercialization of the flag. I think red, white, and blue can be done tastefully and really well, but when the stars and stripes are included it kind of crosses that line for me.

I like them all. The Srixon is different. Kind of hard to beat the Bridgestone bag though.

I know it doesn't for "The Open" haha that is what I was saying.

-- it also doesn't surprise me that the "US" Open is the one out of all of them going flag heavy or country-color heavy. We'll see if the trend continues.
I mean, it sells. Isn't that what it's all about?

Callaway for sure, but the Srixon one is pretty slick.

I really like the Srixon and the Taylor Made bags. Would happily game either!

Back