US Womens Open Contest & Thread [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Each week THP has tons of fun contests that involve some of the coolest things in golf being given away. When there is a big event, we like to do things a little more grand and this year for The US Women's Open we have something very cool.

The Prize
THP & Golf4Her have teamed up to give away something fantastic for this major on the LPGA. A $200 gift card can be used on anything (outside of equipment) on the store website. Tons of accessories and apparel options are out there and they offer men's apparel as well with such brands as Fila Golf.

The Winner: DawgDaddy! :clapp::banana:

The winning entry:

Maria Hjorth
Katherine Hull
Hee Kyung Seo

Spoiler
Rules
Only one entry per person
Your "team" must be emailed to contests@thehackersparadise.com
You MUST include your forum screen name in your email.
The deadline of this contest Wednesday July 6th, 2011 at 11:59pm EST.
All entries must be received by then to be considered.
You must have 10 forum posts and 5 in the last 7 days to qualify.
If winner is outside of CONUS, they will be responsible for shipping fees.

If you do not have all the information in your entry, your entry will NOT be counted.

If you are not a forum member, it is never too late to signup.
Registration is always fast, free, and easy.
The Hackers Paradise - Register

Playing the Game

1. You will pick 3 players to be a part of your team.

2. You can pick any 3 players from the field. BUT.....

3. Your players must have an initial that start with the letters G, O, L, F, H, E, R
*Their first or last name must start with one of those letters.

4. You will also pick the winners total score (example: 270) for a tie breaker.

5. The team with the most prize money at the end will be declared the winner.

You can see the entire field here.

http://www.lpga.com/content_1.aspx?mid=1&pid=29029

Good luck to everybody and we hope that every person here has a blast with this contest following some of the golfers during The US Open. We want to thank Golf4Her for an amazing prize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks THP and Golf4Her for another great contest! Now to pick my team and get my entry in.

Time to ponder my selections

Just emailed my entry. Thanks THP and Golf4Her!

Great idea (and twist) for the contest, it should be a lot of fun, thank you THP and Golf4Her for this opportunity.

• Admin
This is going to be a really great tournament at a great course.
This is where Annika won her 1st major I believe.
Yani going for the career triple crown at age 22.
Very long course which favors the big hitters out there. Should be a lot of fun.

• Admin
Oh how I love these contests with a twist. Thanks THP and Golf4her.

Another great contest! Thanks THP and Golf4Her! This should add a bit of spice to an already interesting tournament. Longest course in Women's US Open history? Could be a rough one out there if conditions aren't perfect.

Big thanks to Golf4Her for (once again) giving THP members a great prize. Also, to THP for making it happen. I hope this one is on ESPN like it was last year.

Dont forget the contest rules.

Yep was just cheering for my favorite.

As for the contest thank you again Golf4Her and THP for yet another amazing contest! Seems like everyday you guys have something special. Don't know how you do it!

My entry has been submitted. Thanks THP for another cool contest and BIG thanks to Golf4Her for providing the prize for this one!!

Big thanks to Golf4Her for (once again) giving THP members a great prize. Also, to THP for making it happen. I hope this one is on ESPN like it was last year.

ESPN2 and ESPN3.com from 5-9 PM Eastern on Thursday and Friday, NBC takes over coverage on the weekend. Here are the ESPN details: http://www.espnmediazone3.com/us/20...s-open-championship-to-air-on-espn-platforms/

Interesting twist to the contest...unless I'm not reading something correctly, the rules eliminate picking the top 13 players in the world! Full rankings here: http://www.lpga.com/content/RolexRankings-7-4-2011.pdf

This is going to be a great contest. I love watching the Women square off.....This is a great bonus...Thanks THP & Golf4Her

Just entered. Thanks Golf4Her and THP. That was fun and tough!

My picks are in, hopefully I'll win and have a nice gift for the wife! Thanks to THP & Golf4Her!

Really excited about this since its in my backyard this year. While the course is long, I believe everyone talks about added distance at altitude so we'll see how that plays into it. Watching some of the ladies on twitter a lot are getting their first practice rounds in last week...

This is going to be a fun week and contest for sure! Thank you THP & Golf4Her!

I guess "Lexi" Thompson is a no-go?

I guess "Lexi" Thompson is a no-go?

That is correct. She is listed as Alexis Thompson, so we can only go by what she is registered as.

That is correct. She is listed as Alexis Thompson, so we can only go by what she is registered as.

Haha, worth a shot.
Thanks THP and Golf4Her, these letters are tougher than I thought they'd be!

Alright, got my picks in! Good luck to everyone, I think the tiebreaker was harder than making picks for me!

Amazing contest Golf4Her and THP. I can't wait to watch this one!

Nice, just gives me more of a reason to tune in.

Thanks to THP and G4H for the awesome contest!

I'm looking forward to the coverage. Last year, I think the best major TV coverage was the Ladies US Open in Oakmont. I'm also really excited to try and win the Golf4Her contest. I really, REALLY need some new golf clothes. Thanks THP and Golf4Her

Back