US Womens Open Contest & Thread [Spoilers]

Great US Open so far.

Agreed. I enjoyed the coverage tonight until the horn blew. It's a neat course that has some really nasty looking trouble spots. Anybody notice that Yani hit her HYBRID past the pin on the 265 yard par 4? Wowzers.

Just found out I will DEFINITELY be in attendance Sunday! If they allow phones and I have reception I'll be tweeting as much as I can!

SO PUMPED! Last major event I've been to since Sunday of the 2005 Women's Open at Cherry Hills where I got to see Birdie make that crazy bunker shot on 18 to seal it!

Just found out I will DEFINITELY be in attendance Sunday! If they allow phones and I have reception I'll be tweeting as much as I can!

SO PUMPED! Last major event I've been to since Sunday of the 2005 Women's Open at Cherry Hills where I got to see Birdie make that crazy bunker shot on 18 to seal it!
That's great! It's one of my favorite tournaments of the year. I look forward to reading what you have to say about it. :)

And just read online I won't be allowed to bring the cell phone... :(

Hmmm... what to do?

By the way, is anyone else out here/there or going? Golf4Her? Anyone? Bueller?

And just read online I won't be allowed to bring the cell phone... :(

Hmmm... what to do?

By the way, is anyone else out here/there or going? Golf4Her? Anyone? Bueller?

I figured you would be informed thagt sooner or later! At least it was sooner.

Golf4Her is there somewhere.

I figured you would be informed thagt sooner or later! At least it was sooner.

Golf4Her is there somewhere.

Yeah I should've figured... THIS AIN'T THE EURO TOUR! I kid I kid.

Well, if anyone is out there and going to be there Sunday, PM me and we should meet and chat! Have had great experiences getting to know the people of THP and would love to meet some more!

Crap, what happened to Hjorth?! Dropped 4 shots in just a handful of holes.

Mika Miyazato on a tear right now! -5 thru 10 today, -6 total!

Contest leaderboard thru 2 rounds

O'TOOLE Ryann -1
LEWIS Stacy -1
JI Eun-Hee 0
SALAS Lizette 0
RYU So Yeon 1
PARK Hee Young 2
LINDLEY Leta 2
SEO Hee Kyung 3
LANG Brittany 4
LEE Meena 4
NOMURA Harukyo 5
PACE Lee-Anne 5
WRIGHT Lindsey 5
RECARI Beatriz 6
DUNCAN Lindy (a) 6
HJORTH Maria 6
GULBIS Natalie 6
FENG Shanshan 6
HURST Vicky 6
LEE Bo Mee 7
LINCICOME Brittany 7
NOCERA Gwladys 7
GULYANAMITTA Junthima 7
FRANCELLA Meaghan 7
HARIGAE Mina 7
GAL Sandra 7

Really enjoying watching this right now. Just when it seems like someone will run away with it, someone rolls in a long putt to pick up a few strokes. At this rate, may be seeing a playoff tomorrow but still a long way to go!

Really enjoying watching this right now. Just when it seems like someone will run away with it, someone rolls in a long putt to pick up a few strokes. At this rate, may be seeing a playoff tomorrow but still a long way to go!

Im with you. What a great golf event we are watching.

I agree, I don't watch the girls over the guys very often, but this is much better drama than the "Steve Strcker Open"

I was really pulling for Ryan O'Toole, it's cool to see one of the Big Breakers really doing well in a big event.

Contest leaderboard thru 3 rounds

RYU So Yeon -1
SEO Hee Kyung 0
SALAS Lizette 2
O'TOOLE Ryann 3
JI Eun-Hee 3
LINDLEY Leta 3
GULYANAMITTA Junthima 4
LEE Meena 5
LEWIS Stacy 7
RECARI Beatriz 7
HARIGAE Mina 8
HJORTH Maria 8
FRANCELLA Meaghan 8
GAL Sandra 8
GULBIS Natalie 9
WRIGHT Lindsey 9
LINCICOME Brittany 10
PARK Hee Young 11
DUNCAN Lindy (a) 11
HURST Vicky 11
PACE Lee-Anne 11
LEE Bo Mee 12
NOCERA Gwladys 12
FENG Shanshan 12
NOMURA Harukyo 13
LANG Brittany 14

Nice putt by Kerr - making a move!

But geez - Seo rolls in another one; playing some excellent golf; 5 under on the front!!

A lot of golfers in this one. I just hope Mother Nature finally gives them a break. Very compelling tournament.

At least my team of Lewis, Lincicome and Hjorth all made the cut.

I picked Maria Hjorth, Katherine Hull & Hee Kyung Seo. Hull missed, but the other 2 are doing pretty well so far.

Weather delay...this stinks! They said they can afford a delay for up to 1 hour and still finish everything today. Players are kept in vans in hope of getting them started again ASAP.

There goes the horn, lightning in the area.

I looked and saw the course is set at 7046 yards. Does this surprise anyone else? I never knew what kind of yardages they play but I never thought it would be 7000+.

I looked and saw the course is set at 7046 yards. Does this surprise anyone else? I never knew what kind of yardages they play but I never thought it would be 7000+.

It is at elevation though.

Anyone hear if this will be broadcast if they get back out on the course today? Or if it will be broadcast tomorrow if not?

Coverage is supposed to be back on NBC at 7PM Central time.

Stanford puts her first shot to tap in birdie range.

Back