US Womens Open Contest & Thread [Spoilers]

Today's rain delay is a HUGE bummer. Some girls are gonna have to play back to back 18 ... those that played this morning may not even get back on the field until Saturday. The weather out here isn't looking good - if this keeps up, they may be playing this event thru next week - LOL!!

Well in this case then it's good that the Tour doesn't have another event scheduled for two weeks!

not looking good for me.... but i just used vegas odds as a way to help my picks!

Today's rain delay is a HUGE bummer. Some girls are gonna have to play back to back 18 ... those that played this morning may not even get back on the field until Saturday. The weather out here isn't looking good - if this keeps up, they may be playing this event thru next week - LOL!!

I was very bummed when I realized I was watching replays from last year. I was sitting there thinking how much Broadmoor reminded me of Oakmont at first hehe.

Maria Hjorth ftw!

I am horrible at these contests, so I figured I'd try a strategy that I hadn't used on the men's tour. I'm stupid and didn't pick Lewis. I for some reason didn't realize that she qualified. Doh!

Picks based on hotness? Are you sure you haven't tried that on the Men's tour yet? I know I've done it. Probably why I never picked Lee Westwood or Robert Garrigus. :D

I'd like to publicly apologize to Sandra Gal for picking her for my contest team. I am probably the sole reason for the poor play in round one and would like to assure her that I will not pick her for future contests.

I'd also like to apologize in advance to Brittany Lincicome and Stacy Lewis should the same fate befall either or both of them.

I'd like to publicly apologize to Sandra Gal for picking her for my contest team. I am probably the sole reason for the poor play in round one and would like to assure her that I will not pick her for future contests.

I'd also like to apologize in advance to Brittany Lincicome and Stacy Lewis should the same fate befall either or both of them.

We're in the same boat, ad (as well as many... we should just be called team titanic).

That's fine, because I am sure Gal was on a lot of teams (not mine), so she can keep having problems this week! hahaha

As long as your curse doesn't go to Lincicome and Lewis, I am good with it. I had Hjorth, who is doing well in round 1.

I was very bummed when I realized I was watching replays from last year. I was sitting there thinking how much Broadmoor reminded me of Oakmont at first hehe.

Maria Hjorth ftw!
That's really funny.

Wow Ad you and I had the same team and I too apologize to those ladies for doing so!

Tough scores for those that got to start round 1. Very few under or around par and a ton already at 4 to 8 over.

It will be interesting to see how today unfolds.

Almost 1/2 the field has finished round 1. Below are contest leaders, in the clubhouse

HJORTH, Maria -1 F
LACROSSE, Cindy E F
PARK, Hee Young 2 F
LU, Teresa 2 F
GULBIS, Natalie 2 F
JI, Eun-Hee 2 F
LEE, Jee Young 4 F
REDMAN, Michele 4 F
LEE, Meena 4 F
TALLEY, Emma (a) 4 F
HARIGAE, Mina 4 F
HAGE, Nicole 5 F

Here are contest leaders regardless of holes finished
HJORTH, Maria -1 F*
SALAS, Lizette -1 6
LANG, Brittany -1 3
LACROSSE, Cindy E F
LEE, Seon Hwa E 3*
LEWIS, Stacy E 2*
FRANCELLA, Meaghan E 1*
DAVIES, Laura E 4
HUR, M.J. E 1
O'TOOLE, Ryann E 1
SEO, Hee Kyung E 1

Thanks, staticline. Please keep us updated, that's a cool list.

Hage was tweeting that her Tee time was pushed to 7pm. some have to play 36 today hope they can get it in......

Brittany is having a rough first round so far, +3 thru 5 holes. Still time to turn it around, but don't wait too long.

Brittany at +4 thru 9 (T82). Stacy Lewis is Even thru 9 (T12). Maria Hjorth finished -1 (T3).

Mallory Blackwelder is +6 after round one (T120).

*tears up contest entry*

Brittany is having a rough first round so far, +3 thru 5 holes. Still time to turn it around, but don't wait too long.

*tears up contest entry*

I'd love to know what percent of entries had Lincicome on it. I am guessing at least 75, probably 90+.

you're right.....she prob had the Tiger effect with this contest....

I'd love to know what percent of entries had Lincicome on it. I am guessing at least 75, probably 90+.

Stacy Lewis to -2 thru 11 (T2); Hjorth falls to T6 and Lincicome gets a birdie to move up to +3 thru 11 (T60). Hopefully she gets one or two more before the end of the round, that should get her to around 20th.

Stacy Lewis moves into a tie for the lead. Brittany is at +5 thru 16, T89.

Top 20 and ties thru Round 1 for contest eligible ladies

Stacy LEWIS -3
Lizette SALAS -2
Ryann O'TOOLE -2
Maria HJORTH -1
Cindy LACROSSE E
Lindy (a) DUNCAN -1
Brittany LANG 1
Hee Kyung SEO 1
Xiyu (a) LIN 1
Eun-Hee JI 2
Hee Young PARK 2
Junthima GULYANAMITTA 2
Leta LINDLEY 2
Natalie GULBIS 2
Rachel (a) ROHANNA 2
Teresa LU 2
Katherine HULL 3
M.J. HUR 3
Seon Hwa LEE 3
So Yeon RYU 3
Sophie GUSTAFSON 3

Stacy Lewis had Scoliosis. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

Kevin

Back