USA Beer Sales [emoji482] [emoji481][emoji482][emoji481]

PKorf

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
0-10
I saw this from Darren Rovell this morning while sitting in O’Hare. These sales stats were released today or yesterday I think. There’s a few brands on there I wasn’t expecting to see even in the top 20....
593fe7ff6442027a4a5fdef0ca47e2ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+nearly all 19% yr/yr for Modelo?

I find it hard to believe that Blue Moon is that far down the list.

Mmmmmmmm, I do love a cold PBR now and again.

I’m even shocked at a +3% increase for Natty Light....?

I’m even shocked at a +3% increase for Natty Light....?

Their marketing has been pretty killer, it was always my favorite of the cheap college beers.

Their marketing has been pretty killer, it was always my favorite of the cheap college beers.

Yes agreed on both ends of this statement.

Busch and Busch Light combined taking a beating lol

All of those are nearly undrinkable for me. PBR would be my favorite on that list maybe because I drank about 10,000 of those in my Wisconsin college days. My wife drinks Stella and I keep Coors Light around the house for college kids and other guests. My preference is IPAs from companies such as Surly, Deschutes, Bell's, Stone, Sierra Nevada, Dogfish Head, etc. Craft breweries are up to around $30MM in sales per year now. Here's a list of those craft breweries by sales.

https://www.brewersassociation.org/...018-top-50-brewing-companies-by-sales-volume/

I am glad to see that my very small increase in Michelob Ultra drinking over the past year has increased their sales. I feel like I did my part to make it a success!!! :banana:

Very surprising to see Mic Ultra ahead of Miller Lite.

All of those are nearly undrinkable for me. PBR would be my favorite on that list maybe because I drank about 10,000 of those in my Wisconsin college days. My wife drinks Stella and I keep Coors Light around the house for college kids and other guests. My preference is IPAs from companies such as Surly, Deschutes, Bell's, Stone, Sierra Nevada, Dogfish Head, etc. Craft breweries are up to around $30MM in sales per year now. Here's a list of those craft breweries by sales.

https://www.brewersassociation.org/...018-top-50-brewing-companies-by-sales-volume/

To be fair, I don’t think beers from Deschutes, Bell's, Stone, Sierra Nevada, Dogfish Head,should be listed as small “craft beers” at this point. All of those are pretty substantially sized breweries at this point. I’d almost feel better if they had “large craft” & “small craft” sales numbers haha

With the push in diet and working out, not fully surprised. Enjoy a beer, and get hydrated at the same time. Looks like the best of both worlds.

Clearly that Koepka sponsorship is paying off. ;-)

The Modelo numbers are really impressive. I wonder if that's just a 1-year thing or they have had growth like that for multiple years.

The business side for those that follow it, see the Constellation Brands year over year. Amazing gains for that group.

USA Beer Sales

Dear Lord there are so low quality consumers out there. Yuck!

Modelo has done a tremendous job of branding and it seems to be paying off. Same with Michelob Ultra.

With the push in diet and working out, not fully surprised. Enjoy a beer, and get hydrated at the same time. Looks like the best of both worlds.

You’ve even seen some of the craft breweries make a push in that space. Dogfish Head has the session sour that targets active folks and a low calorie IPA

Agreed. Just surprising given how much more it seems like Miller Lite advertises and promotes the brand - more so than Ultra.

Dear Lord there are so low quality consumers out there. Yuck!

Modelo has done a tremendous job of branding and it seems to be paying off. Same with Michelob Ultra.

Quantity over quality. I personally can't drink anything on this list except Yuengling at this point. I wonder what percentage of this list is made up of people in their early 20's coming out of the college crowd.

Quantity over quality. I personally can't drink anything on this list except Yuengling at this point. I wonder what percentage of this list is made up of people in their early 20's coming out of the college crowd.

Not near what you would think.

There’s way more simple beer drinkers than hipster IPA drinkers still, regardless of what social media and such say.

Bud Ice?? I didn't even know they still made that let alone people drink it haha

This all makes sense to me. It’s essentially college beer sales.

The only one that surprises me is modelo over corona.

Back