USA Beer Sales [emoji482] [emoji481][emoji482][emoji481]

Quantity over quality. I personally can't drink anything on this list except Yuengling at this point. I wonder what percentage of this list is made up of people in their early 20's coming out of the college crowd.

It’s and interesting market, but if I were to walk into a restaurant, and this was their full beer menu, I’d expect boiled chicken and porridge to be their signature dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not near what you would think.

There’s way more simple beer drinkers than hipster IPA drinkers still, regardless of what social media and such say.

That is certainly true but also look at how many of that top 19 had drops in their share from the prior year. Unfortunately macro beer companies and craft beers also now have to contend with the new fad of White Claw. I will defer to the immortal words of Ron Swanson that clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Quantity over quality. I personally can't drink anything on this list except Yuengling at this point. I wonder what percentage of this list is made up of people in their early 20's coming out of the college crowd.

I’m thinking it’s an older generation rather than kids. My dad drinks mich ultra exclusively and my FIL won’t touch anything but Bud lite.

Disgusting in my opinion but I think it’s an older crowd that keeps those numbers consistent.

Looks like I have to stay in the Carolinas to get a decent beer. Local breweries all over the state, none in the top 50. I guess all small batch brewers get left out of the stats.

That is certainly true but also look at how many of that top 19 had drops in their share from the prior year. Unfortunately macro beer companies and craft beers also now have to contend with the new fad of White Claw. I will defer to the immortal words of Ron Swanson that clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Hahahaha, oh White Claw

Still alot of restaurants, liquor stores, and gas stations not stocking anything besides domestic lagers and older macro imports. Live sports and music venues still dominated by Bud Light. Craft beer is exponentially bigger than a decade ago but still a long way to go. What they get in prestige isn't exactly tied to volume.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like I have to stay in the Carolinas to get a decent beer. Local breweries all over the state, none in the top 50. I guess all small batch brewers get left out of the stats.

This table is obviously in sales numbers so craft beers won't be in there because they simoly don't produce enough to even sniff sales numbers like that. On that list only Yuengling is a craft beer by definition. They produce somewhere in the range of 3 million barrels a year. For comparison, Bud Light shipped 33 million barrels in 2017.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...these-americas-26-top-selling-beers/38104743/

Columbus is fortunate to have exploded with some great breweries in the last couple of years. We have a Brewdog brewery that opened that is massive and by numbers I've seen only produced 36,000 barrels in 2018 while they continue to grow and gain a foothold across many states.

I’ll be real, I simply LOATHE craft IPA’s, but I do like the few who produce a nice craft lager or hefe.

This all makes sense to me. It’s essentially college beer sales.

The only one that surprises me is modelo over corona.

I much prefer Modelo over Corona anymore

Clearly that Koepka sponsorship is paying off. ;-)

The Modelo numbers are really impressive. I wonder if that's just a 1-year thing or they have had growth like that for multiple years.

They have been running a crazy amount of digital ads.

Bud Ice makes people go blind

Bud ice lmao that’s rough stuff.

Floated a keg of that stuff for my birthday in college. We thought we were kings of the world when the tap went dry. The next morning we discovered that the chemist in me got a little over zealous with the rock salt in the ice tub. We had frozen 50% of the keg and drank out the middle.

I found that surprising also. Thats my beer of choice from non craft brewers!

I much prefer Modelo over Corona anymore

Oh for sure. They each have their spot with me but Modelo can be had straight up, while corona needs a lime for a reason. Just kinda shocking to me that modelo outsells corona

I tried a Mich ultra the other day, thanks to a neighbors wife....ugh....never again.

Coors Light is my after yard work go to.

I tried a Mich ultra the other day, thanks to a neighbors wife....ugh....never again.

Coors Light is my after yard work go to.

they both basically have no flavor, not sure what was so unpleasant.

Like me some Blue Moon. But anymore all the little Micro brews are being bought by the big guys. They will still say they are "Micro" but only because they still operate in the building they bought.

I am glad to see that my very small increase in Michelob Ultra drinking over the past year has increased their sales. I feel like I did my part to make it a success!!! :banana:

I think I made up the other 14% increase... but really its everywhere now...

No laws when ya drinkin' Claws....
I knew it...
2ce01ea46e71726b9e8314e25588c5bd.jpg

Floated a keg of that stuff for my birthday in college. We thought we were kings of the world when the tap went dry. The next morning we discovered that the chemist in me got a little over zealous with the rock salt in the ice tub. We had frozen 50% of the keg and drank out the middle.

I was at a Halloween party in college where the first keg tapped was Killians. When that got empty, they had 2 kegs of Little Kings. That party went downhill fast at that point.

So sad to see what me laying off the Coors Lights did to their sales. I guess I need to get back on board.

Back