USA Beer Sales [emoji482] [emoji481][emoji482][emoji481]

I knew it...
2ce01ea46e71726b9e8314e25588c5bd.jpg

it's funny considering that fruity beers are the big thing in Craft right now

Quantity over quality. I personally can't drink anything on this list except Yuengling at this point. I wonder what percentage of this list is made up of people in their early 20's coming out of the college crowd.

As a father of a 19 and 21 year old that hosts them and their friends at our lake cabin every summer weekend, I can assure you that Coors Light and White Claws are consumed in mass quantities by the under 25 crowd. They mostly ignore my keg of IPA that is on tap.

The Natty Light increase is thanks solely to the Titleist Ultimate Metal Wood Testing crew I think. :drinks:

The Natty Light increase is thanks solely to the Titleist Ultimate Metal Wood Testing crew I think. :drinks:

Or my wife buying those flamingo cans...

it's funny considering that fruity beers are the big thing in Craft right now
If it has a fruity taste or people have to add fruit to it in order for it to be drinkable (i.e., Shock Top, Corona), it is not really beer to me.

College kids keep keystone, Natty light, etc afloat

Gotta love that piss in a can beer sometimes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Miller High Life FTW.

All of those are nearly undrinkable for me. PBR would be my favorite on that list maybe because I drank about 10,000 of those in my Wisconsin college days. My wife drinks Stella and I keep Coors Light around the house for college kids and other guests. My preference is IPAs from companies such as Surly, Deschutes, Bell's, Stone, Sierra Nevada, Dogfish Head, etc. Craft breweries are up to around $30MM in sales per year now. Here's a list of those craft breweries by sales.

https://www.brewersassociation.org/...018-top-50-brewing-companies-by-sales-volume/

Yeah...none of those are craft breweries. Theyre all too big to be craft. Thats about the same as calling Sam Adams, "craft beer".

Yeah...none of those are craft breweries. Theyre all too big to be craft. Thats about the same as calling Sam Adams, "craft beer".

6 million barrels per year or less is considered craft.

If it has a fruity taste or people have to add fruit to it in order for it to be drinkable (i.e., Shock Top, Corona), it is not really beer to me.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Years ago I did a few Miller Light spots. It was when they were running their "man law" campaign. One of the spots I did was "Don't Fruit the Beer." Whenever I see fruity craft beers these days, I can't help but think back and chuckle.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Years ago I did a few Miller Light spots. It was when they were running their "man law" campaign. One of the spots I did was "Don't Fruit the Beer." Whenever I see fruity craft beers these days, I can't help but think back and chuckle.

That was a great series of commercials, loved the don’t fruit the beer one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am on board. No place for fruit in beer.

And, I never ever would have guessed Modelo was that popular.

6 million barrels per year or less is considered craft.
Only because Sam Adam's games the system to get them to redefine what craft is defined as. Look it up, it's pretty shady.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Only because Sam Adam's games the system to get them to redefine what craft is defined as. Look it up, it's pretty shady.

But, it fits what the system says, no?

Of the list, Stella is the beer I drink the most. Here at home it’s Shiner or Santo (St Arnold Brewery) when I pop a top. Otherwise it’s Tito’s and a mixer.

Well...what is it then?

I'm drinking a local craft Peach Tea Radler right now

you natty ice swillers don't know what you're missing

I’ve definitely not added any revenue to those top ranked selling beers. It has been a lot of craft beers from local breweries in St Augustine and Austin this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, Boston Beer company might have outgrown the definition by this point if not soon. Changes in the designation now allow things like the fermented hard seltzers and teas to be included in the numbers. Now that Boston Beer company has merged with Dogfish Head and makes the Truly brand of seltzers and Twisted Tea might actually push them over the 6 million barrel threshold.

From that list I would only drink 2 from it. Dos XX with lime or Blue Moon. Everything else I drink beer wise is local craft or a Summer Shandy from Leinenkugel, or my favorite Hefeweizen from Germany - Ayinger.

Nothing better than a couple Shandy's on the course or after doing some yard work in the summer.

Serving Octoberfest beer already. Had some SA Octoberfest with my golfing buddy. Been on a summer ale trip so this was very refreshing.

Of the list, Stella is the beer I drink the most. Here at home it’s Shiner or Santo (St Arnold Brewery) when I pop a top. Otherwise it’s Tito’s and a mixer.

I'm with ya on the Tito's, love Shiner, Modelo, Pacifico, Dos Equis, also love me some Bumbleberry from Fat Heads Brewery, and yeah pretty much all of the Leinenkugels, and damn if I'm not growing fond of White Claw.

Back