USA Beer Sales [emoji482] [emoji481][emoji482][emoji481]

That list, especially the top 4, is frankly embarrassing. The worst excuse for beer I can think of. I’d rather pour them straight down the toilet and cut out the middle man!!!!! Thankfully, the US, certainly in my part, has embraced the micro craft brews and some of these places are absolutely knocking it out the park with some amazing beers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outta the list I only drink blue moon or Stella . Craft beers are huge here as well seems I look another handful are popping up. Some are decent , others not so much

Always get a kick out of folks that call light beers horse pi$$ or what ever. I have never met a beer I didn't like and some of my absolute favorites are from local craft brews. With that said, my fridge always has copious amounts of Bud Light and Michelob Ultra stocked as well. Perfect beer to share when friends drop by (everyone will drink it) or drop a few next to the pool when its blazing hot outside (they don't get you looped). In the heat of summer last thing I want to do is have to drink my beer with a knife and fork just so I can pretend to be tougher than I am out of some false pretense that light beers are horrible.

FWIW, of the beers on that list, Michelob Ultra is my preference (used to be Bud Light), so not surprised by the rise in MU sales.

Always get a kick out of folks that call light beers horse pi$$ or what ever. I have never met a beer I didn't like and some of my absolute favorites are from local craft brews. With that said, my fridge always has copious amounts of Bud Light and Michelob Ultra stocked as well. Perfect beer to share when friends drop by (everyone will drink it) or drop a few next to the pool when its blazing hot outside (they don't get you looped). In the heat of summer last thing I want to do is have to drink my beer with a knife and fork just so I can pretend to be tougher than I am out of some false pretense that light beers are horrible.

FWIW, of the beers on that list, Michelob Ultra is my preference (used to be Bud Light), so not surprised by the rise in MU sales.

Like you, I enjoy a good craft beer when the occasion is right just as much as I enjoy a light beer for those times also. There are certain craft beers that I've tried that are just plain horrible (to my taste) as well as regular and some light beers. Just a matter of taste.

For those of you surprised by Modelo's growth, there was an article in the Chicago Tribune a few weeks ago detailing why. From a revenue perspective they are now the number one grossing beer in the Chicago market. They credit their recent growth to the fact that they have begun marketing to the non Hispanic market. They just started running their first ads in English within the last two or so years.

They are still behind Miller Lite by a large margin for cases sold but their higher price point allows them to bring in more revenue with less cases sold. They are viewed as a more premium product than macros but more accessible than most craft beers.

I saw this from Darren Rovell this morning while sitting in O’Hare. These sales stats were released today or yesterday I think. There’s a few brands on there I wasn’t expecting to see even in the top 20....
593fe7ff6442027a4a5fdef0ca47e2ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The year over year change is quite interesting....

Updated list for 2020

Let’s talk about Michelob with a 19.5% jump :oops:

That really stood out to me as well. Has to be Mich Ultra right?

Modelo was interesting in the original... interesting that of all the beers Mich is doing so well. Budweiser owns so much it's interesting it's down

The trend seems like America is going with light beers more n more

Glad to see that Corona is only seeing a slight down tick in sales :rolleyes:

Back