Usernames and Avatar: Explain Yours

Username = I grew up on and ride motorcycles

I’ve had same username in multiple forums for probably 30-35 years, grew up with nickname “JimmyD” so initially tried to use it as username along the way but was always taken. Honestly cannot remember what the 38 & 64 represent but may have been the last 4 digits of phone#.

Avatar gets rotated every so often, I am Canadian so always try and get our national logo somehow embedded. As the story goes around here and @Stemmy66 can attest, being the unofficial “originator” of the Canadian term “Eh” (long story) I did have that built into logo for awhile until a recent change. The guys at the Morgan Cup used to have fun with me because I end probably 50% of my spoken sentences with “eh”!
That 50% estimate is considerably low in my opinion.... having spent the better part of 2 days with you on the golf course I would say closer to 70%..... eh? ;)

I've got three daughters and they started calling me 'Daddio' when they were kids. Even then they'd only use it when all three of them were together. They're all grown up and scattered over three states now, none of which are here:( They still call me 'Daddio' those special times we're all together. I think of the three of them together every time I'm on THP :)

My avatar commemorates my childhood home town hockey arena winning the NHL's "Kraft Hockeyville USA" contest in 2016. Several thousand dollars for renovations, an NHL preseason game etc... I was a THPer by then and changed my avatar when they won it.

College mascot and graduation year. Picture is from my favorite course around here “Greystone” when I played on July 4th years ago. Course even had stands to place the flag when we were putting but we held it and passed it around instead, felt like the right thing to do!

Username: It is literally just my first name and last initial along with my old hockey number.
Avatar: one of my buddies started recording this bunker shot while we were at Sand Hollow because they were convinced I wouldn't get out of the bunker the first time..... I did. The shot only went about 20 yards and left me with probably another 100-150 yard shot, but I still got out on the first try.

I have a friend who called me a "fathead" and was coming up with a PS profile and so he added 1911 to it since I'm a fan of the handguns.

The pic is of my son hitting a golf ball, my favorite golfing buddy.

I'm a pastor, but growing up I was a black sheep. Most call me Brother Doug, when I work in rehabs they call me Brother Buzz (was my nickname in my teens). The avaitar is a favorite painting of mine which I haven't donated to charity or given away yet.

First initial last name and my favorite number. Wish I would have been a little more creative, but feel it’s to late to change now.

My name is my name with my area code. My avatar -well has a double entandra there.

Not sure if I ever answered in the other one......

Name: PapaJohick. Johick is a mix of my first and last name and papa is from me becoming a father at a young age and my college buddies started to call me Pops or papa haha. Nickname just kind of stuck after that.

the picture is of my big Red fish (red drum) that I caught last fall. Actually caught two of these roughly the same size within 5 minutes of each other. It was awesome!

I think I need an avatar change.

The candidates....

9E8A66CB-EEAF-4E8A-AFF0-675DCA0CEF22.jpegFC9AA01D-7622-4A14-8831-12269A428DE9.jpegB31C237C-F375-4CD4-8C89-1D9E4CE740BE.jpeg

I mean, you know the one riding an inflatable unicorn in a hotel hallway has to lead the way.
It’s hard to be mat for sure. Especially since I just found out I want people to think I’m better than I am. :p

The title of the thread is to explain your avatar. I’m not sure I can choose without some explaining!
Haha, top two were at last years TM/THP event. Bottom was in FL when @Canadan @ddec and myself were down to record some content in the THP club lab, it was in the hallway and was too good of a photo op to pass up lmao

Haha, top two were at last years TM/THP event. Bottom was in FL when @Canadan @ddec and myself were down to record some content in the THP club lab, it was in the hallway and was too good of a photo op to pass up lmao

I still think you should have jumped in the pool with it.

Back