Usernames and Avatar: Explain Yours

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We had a long standing thread on this that was quite a bit long in the tooth, so thought it would be fun to discuss with so many new members.

My user name is confusing to people because I am not a Chef. My friends called me Shafe from my last name and one drunk night in our early 20s one of my friends girlfriends started calling me Chef and it stuck. 30 years later my friends still call me Chef or Cheffie. 23 is my birthday. Now there is a second generation of my friends kids that call me Cheffie. I can cook a little but not enough to be worthy of the nickname.

I probably need to work on an avatar.

SHIFTYOO9 is my xbox GT. And my memory sucks, so on a lot of forums, etc. my name is shifty with a similar password. For sites with personal info I have different name/passwords.

As for my pic, well I love conspiracy theories. Don't always believe them, just like to think critically, and not take things at face value.

I made up "puttnfool" about 2 decades ago on a now defunct forum. When I came here, the name was created, but never used. No posts, no response to PMs, nothing. Can't figure out how to verify that the account is abandoned so I ended up with OGputtnfool so that anyone that ventured here from forums I've been a part of in the past will know I was the original puttnfool and not the imposter.

My username is parts of my full name.

XYKVVU1.gif

Millsan1 = Last name, first two digits of first name and the number 1. It was my first network login from 25 years ago, and I use it on forums, etc, since it is always available. I am easy to cyber stalk.

Avatar is a screen cap from the video at CDA. Right after I said "I piss excellence" I actually hit a good drive and turned back to the camera and said "told ya"

I just like the Character in Top Gun and like the call name, so when it was time for a change, I changed it to Iceman.
and besides, I have a reputation in golf match play to get Ice in my veins.

M2: My initials. I hate how MM looks so I use a 2 instead.

Giles: Nickname my wife gave me after Giles from Buffy the Vampire slayer. I love wearing suits and have several tweed ones.

Picture: Jose from Cobra Golf and me. Taken during the 2019 Morgan Cup where we were partners for the first session. I believe we beat Mike Yagley and @phoffer 3 and 2. Probably one of if not the best weekend of my life. Have had soon to be F9Giles below my name as play on my name for the Morgan Cup

My avatar was taken of the closest I've been to a HIO in my life. I hit a 4h from ~185y to about 6". Dead on line, into the wind, and thought it was gonna drop. Couldn't tell until I got there just how close it really was.

Well the username is a play on of my last name, Much. As a kid my last name was used in a lot of cringy jokes :LOL:. Muchmore was one of those jokes and it kind of stuck. 18 is the first number I had playing hockey (first sport I played) so it's been a favorite of mine for a long time.

Avatar is Kobe Bryant's logo covered in black mambas. I had the pleasure of watching some incredible sports figures as I was growing up. Kobe was the favorite of two of my best friends so I was drawn to him a little more in a sport that I wasn't the biggest fan of and really came to appreciate him. I remember watching his last game of his career and him putting up 60. What a way to go out. When he passed, it hit me a lot harder than it should have and I thought it only right to honor him on my new favorite place to be. It will probably change at some point, but for now I enjoy seeing it when I log in :)

Reframmellator is someone who spouts impressive-sounding nonsense.

F Troop was a silly sitcom in the 60s. Corporal Agarn (L, in avatar) and Sgt O'Rourke (R) were always running cons with the Hakowi ("'Where the heck are we?") Indians under the nose of the naive Captain Parmenter. In one of the cons, Agarn and O'Rourke were doing something with a cannon and they explained its absence to the Captain by telling him it had to be sent out because "the barrel had to be reframmellated." To which the Captain nodded blankly.

Bernoulli comes from Daniel Bernoulli, a Swiss mathematician who is recognized as the father of aerodynamics. I have referred to my golf game as a study of aerodynamics. I'm fascinated with why golf balls travel like they do and what benefits dimples on the ball provide. The answers are in aerodynamics.

My current avatar is a photo from Sand Hollow site of this year's Morgan Cup.

The phrase "Enjoy every sandwich" that accompanies my name and avatar is a part of a quote from the late singer and songwriter Warren Zevon. It comes from his last appearance on the David Letterman Show. It was advice that Zevon, who was dying of cancer, gave to Letterman

Sox_Fan = huge, lifelong Boston Red Sox fan

Avatar = me in action at RTJ Grand National during one of the THP Kickoff Classics.

Tevenor was a character I created in a series of short stories I wrote in college 20+ years ago. When I was first signing up to forums a long time ago, I was tired of trying to make up different forum names so I just started using the character name because I was pretty sure it was unique.

My current avatar is a picture of my current boom boom stick that was fitted to me at the Distance Bash. Love this thing.

McLovin because somebody told me I look like Christopher Mintz-Plasse. I've also been told I look like a doughier version of Joel Osteen. winning?

Avatar should be pretty self-explanatory. But if you're a member of THP and you don't know what my avatar is, I won't spoil it for you. Just search "Grandaddy" and prepare to have your mind BLOWN.

Mine is somewhat self explanatory as well as an example of my lack of creativity. The avatar is about the same. Apex Fan is just specific of my love for Callaway clubs.

Tequila4Kapp - I want to college at the university of California. Their coach when I started there was Joe Kapp. Kapp was the starting QB on the last Cal Rose Bowl team and a serious Cal fan. Kapp is Hispanic. He swore off Tequila until Cal went to the Rose Bowl again. So my handle is really a way of rooting for my alma mater.

The Avatar is a picture of a ball signed by Tom Watson and a reminder of the single coolest voice message and phone call I have ever received.

cbaker - my name, pretty self explanatory there.

2882 - 28 was my lacrosse number growing up since 5th grade...never wore another number while playing organized lacrosse. 82 is just the opposite I've used as a screen name number forever.

Avatar currently is a picture of the custom headcover I had made to represent our new little guy, which goes on the garage Atlanta in the picture that I got from the Odyssey experience last year for being on the winning team.

McLovin because somebody told me I look like Christopher Mintz-Plasse. I've also been told I look like a doughier version of Joel Osteen. winning?

Avatar should be pretty self-explanatory. But if you're a member of THP and you don't know what my avatar is, I won't spoil it for you. Just search "Grandaddy" and prepare to have your mind BLOWN.
I think you can just post a selfie and leave it at that. :ROFLMAO:

As far as radiman, it isn't something super meaningful my last name is Ratajczak (Ra-TIE-check) which is a Polish nightmare to spell and say, lol. So, growing up in sports and such, everyone seems to call each other by their last name. Mine just got shortened to Radi. I created the username years ago when I created my account here, and don't really know why I added man to the end of it. When I actually started being active here last year, I just left it as is.

My avatar is just a picture of me wearing a Grandaddy logo'd cardigan. Probably the first and last cardigan I will ever own. But, it means a lot to me.

I think you can just post a selfie and leave it at that. :ROFLMAO:

As far as radiman, it isn't something super meaningful my last name is Ratajczak (Ra-TIE-check) which is a Polish nightmare to spell and say, lol. So, growing up in sports and such, everyone seems to call each other by their last name. Mine just got shortened to Radi. I created the username years ago when I created my account here, and don't really know why I added man to the end of it. When I actually started being active here last year, I just left it as is.

My avatar is just a picture of me wearing a Grandaddy logo'd cardigan. Probably the first and last cardigan I will ever own. But, it means a lot to me.

That cardigan rocks! Wear it with pride!

Username is based on I’m a chef and nickname for as long as I can remember is Kritter which is for Kyle Ritter so you get Chefkritter when it’s all combined.

avatar is me an my son at Disneyland a couple years ago having a blast.

Played a Taylormade Ghost putter at the time. It's a golfing site haha.

Avatar is generally just rotating McIlroy photos. Current one makes the most sense given I'm Canadian.

The roadrunner (genus Geococcyx), also known as chaparral bird or chaparral cock, are two species of fast-running ground cuckoos with long tails and crests. They are found in the southwestern and south-central United States and Mexico,[1][2] usually in the desert. Some have been clocked at 20 miles per hour (32 km/h) while a few have also been clocked up to 27 miles per hour (43 km/h).

(eh, I just think roadrunners are pretty cool)

Back