Usernames and Avatar: Explain Yours

I posted in this thread a while back that my Username was my PSN tag. I didn't have an avatar then but have since added one. It is a picture of me with a big clay mug of Honey Beer. My dad and I were drinking it while in Tallinn, Estonia as a stop on a Baltic cruise. Really good beer and fairly stout as well!

Oops, forgot to add the avatar is looking back on 18 at Stowe Country Club in Vermont. This was where we played as part of the group golf trip I joined up with last year.

My avatar is self explanatory, and my username is not from the Hindenburg, but the Seinfeld episode where Neuman's postal truck catches on fire after running over an old sewing machine which sparks and starts a fire on the stretch of road that Kramer had spilled a 50 gallon drum of paint remover on. Classic!

Avatar update! My Dad was asking me to call around to local courses to see where we could play nine Thanksgiving morning, so I dug up the selfie from last year’s Thanksgiving morning round with temps in the high 30’s.

My username isn't very interesting unfortunately. Its the alphanumeric sequence my college assigned me based on my initials "JMK" and the and the number of JMK's that came before me. Pretty random but its stuck and I use it for a lot of things. I am pretty envious of those of you who have fun creative usernames.

My Avatar is obviously from the Houston Open which has recently moved to the course right by my house, Memorial Park. I've gotten to attend it in the past, and this year I'll be working shotLink, so if your watching keep an eye on the 13th green!

Username is first and middle initials and the first part of my last name.
Avatar is of one of my favorite golfers, totally in his element. Miss the Duff Daddy days.

My avatar is of Proust, one of my favourite writers. My username is related to living in Camden in London and I'm a kid at heart.

Username is a nickname my aunt gave me when I was really young and it has just stuck. Avatar is one of my driver headcovers that says "Layups are for basketball."

SmiterOfProV1x was my original name. Smiter was chosen as I swing hard (or at least did when I signed up, lol) and at the time I played the V1x.

I got invited to a Bridgestone Event in 2019 and I hadn’t used the V1x in a year or two anyways, so I shortened it.

What I did not shorten (much) is my backswing. As a former LD guy, I have a rather unique swing. My avatar pic was taken by JB at the THP Bridgestone Championship. Yes the club is pointed almost straight down at the ground at the “top” of my backswing. I think he commented “Smiter is going a little past parallel” lol!

At one point my saying under my name was “Club Pro”. I changed that as I am not a club pro anymore. I did one year as an Assistant Pro and decided that while I love golf, I did not love working sunup to sundown 6 days a week. I played a pathetically small amount of golf that year.

Pears= my last name is Pierce

Had a softball teammate years back miss pronounce/read my name when calling out the batting order. Everyone heard it and wondered who the hell Pears was, he pointed at me so that's who I became to them. Good memories!!

My updated name of Blademan is kind of a joke. I accidentally got a set of Honma Proto Blades. They look so awesome I decided to keep them, not that I can hit them. That said I’m trying to learn. The avatar is simply a picture from my home course.

MSB256 = my initials and area code.

Avatar is a photo of our dogs that I think I used back when THP's Albatross Club was supporting an animal organization.

I'm Jeremiah. Three Dog Night. Enough said.

I don’t have an avatar...need to fix that. But for my username, DudeMott. My sister was the one that came up with it. Back a long time ago, she wanted me to get a Twitter and said I could use DudeMott so no one would no it’s me. It’s now my gamer tag on all video game platforms and stuck around.

Growing up I’d call anyone and everyone dude. And Mott is my last name.

Talking Sweep with another forum member.

My avatar is the avatar that @JB created for me for the #THPSweep coaching role back in 2018 - LMAO those tighty shorts were uncomfortable.

Forum name:

OITW - I'll leave the video here (22:40 mark) full video is a great watch though

Talking Sweep with another forum member.

My avatar is the avatar that @JB created for me for the #THPSweep coaching role back in 2018 - LMAO those tighty shorts were uncomfortable.

Forum name:

OITW - I'll leave the video here (22:40 mark) full video is a great watch though

And I would have guessed One In The World ( as in your golf ranking, of course).

J-Pin because my name is John Pinola Jr. Plus, I am always hunting down the Pin! Lol!

Avatar: Who doesn't love the U.S. Flag and an eagle in the same picture?

Update due to forum username change: Was "MaybeDuffer" because I was unsure I'd stick with the game. Since decided I almost certainly will. Kept the "Duffer" part, because I'm clearly a duffer, and tacked-on "Seamus" (pronounced "Shaymus"), the Irish Gaelic equivalent of my given name. Avatar unchanged: Ty Webb, from Caddyshack, whose Zen-like approach to golf I hope eventually to emulate
lol.gif

Shives is a shortened version of my last name and SirShives is a username that goes back to my days on AOL instant messenger. The pic is of me at the range. I took a slow mo video of my swing and that is the frame right at impact. I sliced the **** out of that ball. :ROFLMAO:

@Coach Sean tell us about the username change buddy
Thanks for noticing..... I have used Long Shot for 20 plus years on golf forums (remember Bomb Squad Golf?). It doesn't reflect really who I am anymore...lol. Everyone I know calls me coach (even at work/school where I teach), since I am the HS Golf and Wrestling coach here where I live (humble brag, my golf program is one of the stronger programs in NY state, and I take a great deal of pride in it) and I also work with many juniors at our local golf course through camps and clinics. I also coached girls youth lacrosse for some years as my daughter was moving through the ranks. I love playing and competing, but I identify more as a coach. Next step for me is to break into the college coaching ranks, in the next 5 or so years.

Last edited:
Shives is a shortened version of my last name and SirShives is a username that goes back to my days on AOL instant messenger. The pic is of me at the range. I took a slow mo video of my swing and that is the frame right at impact. I sliced the **** out of that ball. :ROFLMAO:

Really dating yourself there :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Thanks for noticing..... I have used Long Shot for 20 plus years on golf forums (remember Bomb Squad Golf?). It doesn't reflect really who I am anymore...lol. Everyone I know calls me coach (even at work/school where I teach), since I am the HS Golf and Wrestling coach here where I live (humble brag, my golf program is one of the stronger programs in NY state, and I take a great deal of pride in it) and I also work with many juniors at our local golf course through camps and clinics. I also coached girls youth lacrosse for some year as my daughter was moving through the ranks. I love playing and competing, but I identify more as a coach. Next step for me is to break into the college coaching ranks, in the next 5 or so years.

Awesome backstory CS! Thanks for sharing and good luck breaking into College coaching.

Wow, I haven't used AOL IM in... wow... 10-15 years? They shut it down a few years back, did they not?

Just name I have used since owning my first car which was a Prelude. Used Ludin as the verb for cruising in the Prelude and just kind of stuck. My avatar is a picture form the nicest private course in my area.

Awesome backstory CS! Thanks for sharing and good luck breaking into College coaching.
Thank you, I am in a holding pattern right now as I have 5 more years before I can retire from coaching/teaching with a full pension (then I could go onto to coach somewhere out of state or private). So the only coaching job I will take until I retire is a coaching job at one of the SUNY (State University of New York) colleges or Universities as it would be factored into my pension. One such position is supposed to open up after this spring season, so we will see.

Back