Status
Not open for further replies.

Oleschool

Reaction score
A 1 inch diameter 3 inch tall sprinkler head is an immovable object

a 2 feet in diameter 60 foot tall tree is NOT and immovable object!

how many more examples are there?

then there is their innovations
You can even place a ball on the ground

the ancient rules of golf
Play the course as you find it
Play the ball as it lies

the usga seems to exist to violate these basic rules

I never touch my ball or anything on the course except in the teeing ground and taking out of the cup

out of bounds re-tee with 2 stokes

share you’re opinion there neither right or wrong like mine it’s all good

What your opinion? Speak up

hyper-critical people R whey 2 picky!

I tend to play it as it lies. I will move a ball from rocks or a root or a cart path but those exceptions don't happen that often.
EDIT: This is how I like to play. It doesn't bother me if others play differently. I don't play in competitions nor do I gamble. I just play for the enjoyment I get out of it.
I prolly don't know many of the rules. I just whack it, find it and whack it again.

Last edited:
As with any governing body I have a few issues with the USGA. But on the whole I think the USGA's intent remains much more focused on the betterment of golf and doing right by it's constituents than many other self focused power hungry governing bodies.

No right or wrong like you said but they don't give out gold stars or smiley face stickers if you post a score per those 'ancient rules'. Personally, I'm adhering to whatever the actual rules are (whether they help me or hurt me) whenever I'm in a competition or my wallet is involved.

Last edited:
A 1 inch diameter 3 inch tall sprinkler head is an immovable object

a 2 feet in diameter 60 foot tall tree is NOT and immovable object!

how many more examples are there?

then there is their innovations
You can even place a ball on the ground

the ancient rules of golf
Play the course as you find it
Play the ball as it lies

the usga seems to exist to violate these basic rules

I never touch my ball or anything on the course except in the teeing ground and taking out of the cup

out of bounds re-tee with 2 stokes

share you’re opinion there neither right or wrong like mine it’s all good
In the first known written of rules of golf drafted in 1744. Rule 13 allowed for a free drop from trench's, dykes, ditches, scholar's holes, or soldiers hole. Rule 13 would be rule 25 abnormal ground conditions in today's rules. Even in ancient times they allowed for free drops, the USGA and R&A has just expanded on the original 13 rules as the game has progressed.

I don’t ever drop but I’m not telling you what to do either
So why is a sprinkler free and tree is not?

Give a group of people absolute authority to make up totally arbitrary Rules and what do you get? Lots of totally arbitrary Rules. Go figure.

I don’t ever drop but I’m not telling you what to do either
So why is a sprinkler free and tree is not?
Sprinkler is man made and tree is not - that is the answer. I am not telling anyone how to play just pointing out that the ancient rules of golf allowed for a free drop same as the current rules

Last edited:
I tend to play it as it lies. I will move a ball from rocks or a root or a cart path but those exceptions don't happen that often.
EDIT: This is how I like to play. It doesn't bother me if others play differently. I don't play in competitions nor do I gamble. I just play for the enjoyment I get out of it.
I prolly don't know many of the rules. I just whack it, find it and whack it again.

there ya go
Have fun
I think the usga banned fun a long time ago

more power to ya just giving my opinion that only applies to me
Hyper-critical people R whey 2 picky
I have posted the opposite and said the rules mean nothing and did not come down the mount with Moses and both ways I’m cut to pieces
Some people love to criticize some love to argue
To each his own
More power to ya Darling
Bruschetta darling

there ya go
Have fun

I have posted the opposite and said the rules mean nothing and did not come down the mount with Moses and both ways I’m cut to pieces
To each his own
More power to ya Darling
Bruschetta darling

there ya go
Have fun

To each his own
More power to ya Darling
Bruschetta darling
To be frank, I have no idea what this means.

Your not alone.
Agreed! And that’s good because when the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives.

bunnycake.jpg

I don’t ever drop ...
@Oleschool, when he puts one in a water hazard...

3610712_c503_1024x2000.jpg

Out of bounds re-tee plus 2
But thats at least clever
Where in the Rules of Golf is that? Or do you just make up your own "old school" rules?

Where in the Rules of Golf is that? Or do you just make up your own "old school" rules?
The 13 ancient rules of golf
8. If you should lose your Ball, by it's being taken up, or any other way, you are to go back to the Spot, where you struck last, & drop another Ball, And allow your adversary a Stroke for the misfortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back