Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of bounds re-tee plus 2
But thats at least clever
The 13 ancient rules of golf
8. If you should lose your Ball, by it's being taken up, or any other way, you are to go back to the Spot, where you struck last, & drop another Ball, And allow your adversary a Stroke for the misfortune.
So is it one or two? Current rule 14.6 is 1 stroke.

Do these rules address joggers?
Sure

6. If your Balls be found any where touching one another, You are to lift the first Ball, till you play the last.

(Really) (how do you know which one is first) (can you play two balls)

Out of bounds re-tee plus 2
But thats at least clever
So you make up your own rules and ignore the posted signage?

there ya go
Have fun
I think the usga banned fun a long time ago
I mean... I read the original post of the thread... I'm not sure it's the USGA who is lacking in fun haha

I tend to play it as it lies in league play, but if its in a spot that is just going to kill me, like hip high weeds and we have em, I'll take an unplayable lie with a stroke penalty. If I'm just out and about playing a round, I consider it a practice round and I'll hit two or three from the same spot if I have time. Don't want to hold anyone up. I don't gamble either so there is no problem there.

The 13 ancient rules of golf
8. If you should lose your Ball, by it's being taken up, ...
So, like this?

24619F3000000578-0-image-a-26_1420233280386.jpg

ISTM you should play it from wherever the bird deposits it--the bird being a natural feature and all...

I do want to nitpick on "the ancient rules of golf" for a hot second.

Back then, I doubt there were irrigation systems built onto the course. You can't create a rule for something that doesn't exist.

What would be an alternative solution to accommodate for the change in fairway immovable conditions that are not intended to be impactful to the regular play of the hole?

D
I tend to play it as it lies in league play, but if its in a spot that is just going to kill me, like hip high weeds and we have em, I'll take an unplayable lie with a stroke penalty. If I'm just out and about playing a round, I consider it a practice round and I'll hit two or three from the same spot if I have time. Don't want to hold anyone up. I don't gamble either so there is no problem there.
drunken cussing gamblers can putt so well! Who knows?
Maybe there crookedness matches the lay of the green?

If I’m playing in an event I obviously play it down. Now if my ball ends up in some tree roots I’m taking an unplayable since I pay for my clubs and I am not going to break my wrist for shop credit.

With that said my normal group rolls the ball and I do that also. Depends on what game I’m playing. And both ways are enjoyable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

drunken cussing gamblers can putt so well! Who knows?
Maybe there crookedness matches the lay of the green?
Still trying to figure out exactly what is being said.

I’ve read this thread , with bemusement , amusement , and was confuse meant ? 😳

The maxim of golf should be applied at all times , but logically and pragmatically implemented.

Paramount is what reflectively is fair and reasonable in any circumstance and situation .

What in the he’ll did I just read in two pages haha

I’ll legit answer your question about immovable objects though.

one is man made. Irrigation line/fixture (much like the olddays of trenches/dykes/etc). A tree while possibly man planted, is not made made and is a natural aspect fo the course. It’s like cart paths. Legit cart path out there, free drop. Worn down grass that is now a “cart path” but has no structure to it, no free drop. Play it.

I like the current non-tournament rule that allows for a drop up nearer the most likely point we're the ball crossed the hazard or OB and an extra stroke penalty. Dropping three hitting four. Keeps things moving on the course.

Last edited:
I was just thinking this morning. I am a big fan of Hawaiian shaved ice.

On a hot day, those snow cones with a scope of ice cream in the bottom and maybe some sweetened condensed milk on top.. just perfect.

On a hot day, those snow cones with a scope of ice cream in the bottom and maybe some sweetened condensed milk on top.. just perfect.
Shaved ice is natural, so why is it either a loose impediment or casual water.

If you get it on vacation, it is definitely casual water.

Concerned for the performance enhancing benefits. Is the tour testing for shaved ice? I smell scandal.

Concerned for the performance enhancing benefits. Is the tour testing for shaved ice? I smell scandal.
They are waiting for a reliable test to differentiate between Shaved Ice and Snow Cones then will update their policy. :cool:

To be frank, I have no idea what this means.
Spell check attact
It’s supposed to be a quote from andy Griffith show, I often use tv or movie quotes in my replies
More power to ya!
Darling
Brisco darling
That was Denver Pyle’s character in the Andy Griffith show

When was the first drink cart on a golf course?

Did it make the game better or worse?

🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back