USPS Delivery “Don’t”

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
If USPS is going to deliver my package of MMT iron shafts after losing them for six weeks, what they shouldn’t do is deliver them with no box and the deeply scratched shafts wrapped in the label that should’ve gotten them to me in three days.
But they did...so there’s that.

This is the worst of my delivery horror stories. What’s your worst delivery story?

Attachments

• 13A0B8B1-B646-412A-A2F9-A1939C7B6A92.jpeg
    13A0B8B1-B646-412A-A2F9-A1939C7B6A92.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 144
A cooler with perishable samples was sent to my lab.
It was suppose to be there overnight, instead I got there after 5 days and the cooler was in pieces and they just stuffed everything into a really large trash bag.
Our shipping department had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to accept the delivery! Been laughing/mad about that ever since.

If USPS is going to deliver my package of MMT iron shafts after losing them for six weeks, what they shouldn’t do is deliver them with no box and the deeply scratched shafts wrapped in the label that should’ve gotten them to me in three days.

This is the worst of my delivery horror stories. What’s your worst delivery story?

Waiting for stupid amounts of time is about as bad as it gets with me. If Amazon can deliver to me in 2 days, why the chuff do UPS and Fed Ex take around 10 days!!!! Can’t even come close to your horror story though. That is beyond disgraceful. I’d be getting in touch with the vendor and getting that sorted.

Wow ... sorry about your ordeal. I think I'd be in touch with the seller/vendor, demanding pristine replacements be sent to me ASAP -- and not via USPS.

Dang man. I’m sorry to see that. That’s horrible!

Sorry about your bad experience. Hopefully it can get sorted out. I've always had good luck with deliveries until this year. Both times were no fault of the seller.

Early this year I bought a guitar pedal from a guy in NYC. 2 weeks after he shipped it via USPS tracking showed it was in Alaska (I'm in Wisconsin). Ended up calling my local USPS and they said "they'd take a look into it." The pedal showed up about 1 1/2 weeks later, 3 1/2 weeks after the guy shipped it.

Couple months ago or so I bought a driver from a THPer in the marketplace. Seller did everything right and luckily packaged things well. UPS delivered it with the box ripped open (not like the taped end opened...the box was ripped in transit) and only the shaft was in the box. Talked to the UPS driver and she told me to refuse the package. Quickly called local UPS to tell them what was missing. Got a call from UPS the next day saying they found the driver head wrapped in the headcover and bubble wrap on the floor in their warehouse. The seller's packing of the head saved it for sure! UPS delivered the shaft and driver head to me the next day. Never did recover the matching 2nd headcover or the wrench for the driver. Seller filed a claim for them. I posted about the experience in the "what did you buy" thread here when it happened.

Empty box with no Driver:banghead: Took over a month to get that resolved

Thats terrible!!!!!

USPS has gone to @%$ lately in my area. Mail is fine as much as it is. some days we get stuff some days we don't. I have had shipment disappear from the tracking system for weeks at a time, post a message complaint on USPS site about what the heck is going on and they seem to reappear. I was told by a guy at Golfworks that odd sized packages, like golf clubs and shafts have to be hand scanned because the machinery will not do that. And they don't like to unless they are made too.

Way back before Amazon or the Internet I mail-ordered a book. It didn't show up for a week or so and when it finally did it was in an oversized manila envelope. The book itself had literally been through a paper shredder. As in the the little narrow strips of confetti. The original mailing label from the book publisher to me was taped on the envelope, a little smudged and torn in a couple places.

Never did figure what could have possibly motivated someone to a) run a brand new book through a shredder and b) stuff the shredded bits in an envelope and send it on to me. I had to spend forever on the phone convincing the book seller of what had happened. And then even longer waiting on them to mail me another copy of the book (which did arrive in perfect condition).

Did they offer any means of recourse? This is the stuff that absolutely kills me as who thought this was acceptable after locating the shafts by wrapping in packaging tape to top it off and just drop it off like no biggie. If given the option I’ll select FedEx as they are the most reliable for me, had to avoid USPS at all costs as mail arrives 2 months late (current record).

Ordered a few shafts from Peoples and FedEx decided to not deliver it after it got to my city. There was a note about damage or it being undeliverable in the status. Called and found out that there was only half of the box remaining and no shafts. Where did they go?!?

Wow ... sorry about your ordeal. I think I'd be in touch with the seller/vendor, demanding pristine replacements be sent to me ASAP -- and not via USPS.
Thankfully the replacements have already been ordered. 3 more weeks and they’re being shipped expedited.

The worst I've dealt with recently was a ride cymbal for my drumset that sat in limbo for about 10 days coming from New Hampshire. It showed in transit for a week and a half and then was sitting on my front porch at 7:00 AM magically one morning when I wasn't expecting it almost like they found it overnight.

Wow that’s ridiculous!

Obviously they shipping in a box, but the worst part is there's no accountability since one department or segment will just say that's how they got it

I have had decent luck getting golf items thankfully, aside from FedEx saying things were delivered and then they show up 3 days later. There's pictures of the FedEx packages literally all over a parking lot while they "sort" them

I’ve had awful luck with FedEx. 1st story I was having seahorses delivered and they showed up a day late and practically frozen. 2nd story was I was having corals shipped from Florida. I missed the delivery so I went to pick them up at the store. Well they accidentally put them back on a truck and then I missed the delivery again. I had to wait another 24 hours to get them and half of them didn’t make it. I’ve also had things show up 2+ weeks late

I had another club go missing for weeks again. It finally showed up but the person wanted a refund, which I gave, and now I'm figuring out shipping back. I'm done with them also.

Last fall I ordered a set of blades (2) for my riding mower from Lowes because they were not in stock at any local store.I checked tracking after a couple days, and it was shown as in my city and out for delivery.I didn't receive it and checked again that evening and it then showed box damaged, and items missing.What the h*ll, it was on the damned truck.I called UPS the next day and they said Lowe's would have to file the claim.Called Lowe's and after three tries was told that they would"investigate"and get back to me in a couple days.After another 4 days I called Lowe's again and was told that they could not get info from UPS and they would credit my CC and I could just reorder.I then ordered from Amazon and had them in three days at $2.00 cheaper.

Had a $20,000 watch sent to me from a friend in Singapore. He sent Singapore Post SpeedPost Express which usually takes about 3 days. That was on April 25th. It left Singapore on April 26th and disappeared. From what I have pieced together, USPS took possession of the package on April 27th, but did not update the tracking until yesterday (May 12th.) The tracking shows it as having cleared customs in Chicago, and it is now in Queens. I just received a text alert that it has departed Queens and is "still in transit to its destination." Next stop is anyone's guess. No expected delivery date given.

I had it sent to my parents house in Michigan, as I figured I'd be there to receive it.... I'm no longer there.

I hope it arrives safely. I hope it arrives. I'm not holding my breath, but man am I not looking forward to that insurance claim.

Thanks Louis!

Last edited:
I've been lucky.

But I once sold & shipped a putter for $3300 USD (with the maximum $1000 CAD insurance on it) and tracking went cold and dark for about a 1.5-2 weeks AFTER it had cleared customs. Buyer was obviously unimpressed and I was sick to my stomach - until it randomly showed up in perfect condition at his door a week later than it should have. Phhheeeeew!

That's just not cool Clayton. USPS has been a mess this year but that is inexcusable.

Mine is peanuts in comparison to what’s been posted already!

Many years ago I ordered some speakers off of eBay. Fair price from a seller I’d worked with before who had good feedback.
Unfortunately, the parcel didn’t show after being tracked from Florida all the way across the country and then back again.
Luckily I was refunded, but didn’t find out why the parcel was returned.

Had a $20,000 watch sent to me from a friend in Singapore. He sent Singapore Post SpeedPost Express which usually takes about 3 days. That was on April 25th. It left Singapore on April 26th and disappeared. From what I have pieced together, USPS took possession of the package on April 27th, but did not update the tracking until yesterday (May 12th.) The tracking shows it as having cleared customs in Chicago, and it is now in Queens. I just received a text alert that it has departed Queens and is "still in transit to its destination." Next stop is anyone's guess. No expected delivery date given.

I had it sent to my parents house in Michigan, as I figured I'd be there to receive it.... I'm no longer there.

I hope it safely. I hope it arrives in good shape. I'm not holding my breath, but man am I not looking forward to that insurance claim.

Thanks Louis!
The watch may arrive a day earlier , after it passes the international date line ! )) lol

Not me, but a couple days ago a friend had a used Charvel guitar he bought off Reverb get a massive dent/crack in the back of the body. Worst part is he said the seller did a KILLER job packaging it AND it had "Fragile/This Side Up"/etc stickers all over it. UPS CLEARLY didn't give a **** and must have absolutely manhandled it.

Back