USPS Delivery “Don’t”

USPS has gone to @%$ lately in my area. Mail is fine as much as it is. some days we get stuff some days we don't. I have had shipment disappear from the tracking system for weeks at a time, post a message complaint on USPS site about what the heck is going on and they seem to reappear. I was told by a guy at Golfworks that odd sized packages, like golf clubs and shafts have to be hand scanned because the machinery will not do that. And they don't like to unless they are made too.
ever since covid this has been my exact experience. USPS is a flat out nightmare. Ive had to do the same thing with at least 10 packages (all clubs or shafts bc I have a spending problem!). Once I fill out a complaint or "Wheres my package", magically the tracking reappears within 2 days.

Since I live on a private road in the mountains our winters are pretty bad. Our road is plowed and sanded by a private guy and he does a great job. UPS refuses to deliver to my house in the winter. They typically leave the package by the side of the road where my mailbox is, hopefully in a plastic bag. A couple of times this past winter I was expecting a package and went to the mailbox the retrieve it and found a bunch of other packages for my new Covid neighbors ( typically no one is here in the winter but me ) so I had to load them all into the bed of my truck and make the deliveries. More frustrating then messed up packaging but after a few times it gets a little frustrating. It would be nice if UPS would put snow tires on their trucks but I'm not in charge there.

3448f27264407e4aefc8454994062689.png

FedEx.
When it absolutely, positively has to be there at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man, this is brutal!

I sold a very expensive Beckett Graded baseball card, and the box arrived, but no card inside of it. It was a NIGHTMARE dealing with USPS, but it eventually got resolved.

USPS always destroys my packages but luckily never lost one. I did have a bumper coming via UPS Freight for my old Jeep and they had to deliver it to a commercial space with a dock. I set all that up with a shop here and low and behold, UPS delivers it to a shop in Wyoming about 4 hours away. It took about 3 days to figure out where it was exactly and luckily that shop owner was a decent person and held onto it. I made a 8 hour RT drive to go pick it up. UPS also would not discount or refund the shipping I paid. What a nightmare

Not near as bad but I ordered a gift for mother's day for my wife and paid extra for fast shipping. 12 days ago it left the distribution center that's 2 hours west of here and it still hasn't arrived or had an update on the tracking. I filed a missing package report with USPS and still nothing.. 😡

Ouch!! Sorry to hear about that! I had several Postal Service delivery issues between Thanksgiving and Christmas in 2020. There is a hub in North Texas where everything stopped for weeks. Very frustrating. Everything got to me but after about six weeks of waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me, but a couple days ago a friend had a used Charvel guitar he bought off Reverb get a massive dent/crack in the back of the body. Worst part is he said the seller did a KILLER job packaging it AND it had "Fragile/This Side Up"/etc stickers all over it. UPS CLEARLY didn't give a **** and must have absolutely manhandled it.

Marking things "Fragile" just puts a big target on the package. I had a postmaster as a father in-law several years ago that told me that.

Marking things "Fragile" just puts a big target on the package. I had a postmaster as a father in-law several years ago that told me that.

Well that's pretty messed up. So should we put "Indestructible" on fragile stuff then??? :p

I've been lucky.

But I once sold & shipped a putter for $3300 USD (with the maximum $1000 CAD insurance on it) and tracking went cold and dark for about a 1.5-2 weeks AFTER it had cleared customs. Buyer was obviously unimpressed and I was sick to my stomach - until it randomly showed up in perfect condition at his door a week later than it should have. Phhheeeeew!
There would not be enough alcohol to satisfy my sleeping capacity hahahaha wow.

There would not be enough alcohol to satisfy my sleeping capacity hahahaha wow.
It was not a good time.
At a certain point you just have to write it off as an expensive mistake and try move on. Sort of like a car accident or something.

I almost didn't get a job because of FedEx Ground... the offer letter was sent FedEx Ground. I never received it. After a day or so I called the company and they told me they didn't think I accepted the offer... I countered that I DID in fact want to take the offer. They sent me another offer letter that did arrive. This was almost 20 years ago.

Shipping companies as a whole suck now and have for years.

Tensei Orange hybrid shaft arrived to my buyer bent at a 90 degree angle. Insurance denied, pictures of the box and broken shaft weren’t good enough proof.

Cleveland CBX2, 56 degree. Box was damaged, looked like it was folded. When I opened it up, it must have been folded, the shaft was snapped in half. This just happened about 3 weeks ago.

Returned it, ordered another, another damaged box but luckily I did not see any damage to the shaft.

FYI, the driving range I go to has those round netted baskets to aim for about 80 -90 yards out. Very first try was a nice high launch and dunked it, a good omen from the golf Gods!!

Back