UST LINQ Black Hybrid shafts

hedley_lamarr08

Happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I searched and didn't see a thread. It was mentioned the podcast with @DannyLe on UST Mamiya Off Course podcast.

I have 2 of these. One on the Callaway Super Hybrid 2H played at 15 degrees and a Cobra King Tec 19 degree. The feel of the shaft is very stable. I replaced the Dart hybrid shaft in the Super Hybrid and found the ball flight to not climb off of the fairway. Tee shots remained about the same. The Cobra replaced the stock MMT. Its not a distance hybrid anymore. Its a target hybrid.

The weight on these vary from 85g to 100g. The listed flexes that I see the standard R, S, X.

It is an upcharge shaft. Mine were $100 each. Well worth it at this point.

I searched and didn't see a thread. It was mentioned the podcast with @DannyLe on UST Mamiya Off Course podcast.

I have 2 of these. One on the Callaway Super Hybrid 2H played at 15 degrees and a Cobra King Tec 19 degree. The feel of the shaft is very stable. I replaced the Dart hybrid shaft in the Super Hybrid and found the ball flight to not climb off of the fairway. Tee shots remained about the same. The Cobra replaced the stock MMT. Its not a distance hybrid anymore. Its a target hybrid.

The weight on these vary from 85g to 100g. The listed flexes that I see the standard R, S, X.

I saw these in some utilities. Would probably be an awesome shaft. I have not tried it.

Something I didn't mention about this shaft is I don't get the stop and drop behavior I do with the Dart hybrid shaft. Loft of club also playing a part with the 15/19 vs a 22 degree (all hybrids). This paired with the Super Hybrid is a great combination

I had it in a 4H but I needed something with more launch and spin from the fairway.

I had it in a 4H but I needed something with more launch and spin from the fairway.
I can see that. It doesn't balloon no matter how much I give it. The Dart I have in the Smoke 4H will climb (but it works great for that club)

Never knew Cobra and Callaway offered these in hybrid!

I can see that. It doesn't balloon no matter how much I give it. The Dart I have in the Smoke 4H will climb (but it works great for that club)
I didn’t and don’t have the speed for it to do what I needed. I had 3H that was the distance eater. I needed a high flight out of 4H. I could elevate it some off the tee but it was work.

I didn’t and don’t have the speed for it to do what I needed. I had 3H that was the distance eater. I needed a high flight out of 4H. I could elevate it some off the tee but it was work.
My 2H Super Hybrid is a distance club. Back up tee club and a recover from the bad drive and need max distance club. I can say that I have it in the 3H Cobra King Tec at 19 degree and it does a great job with stopping on greens and holding line. I don't get a lot of crazy curve when i swing decently.

These really woke up for me today on the range. I have had swing issues that lead to grip changes and I've full circled back to just accept the natural fade and not worry about it going left (times it doesn't always come back) These are so stable off deck and tee. They are stout but I don't feel like I have to work hard

Back