UST Mamiya 2017 VTS woods shafts

FINALLY got word my VTS silver for my EPIC is on the truck for delivery today. i might try to do an early range session tomorrow morning, because i'm completely jammed up for the entire weekend. i have a scramble on monday, though, so i'll put it to work there too.

That’s awesome! Mine came in Tuesday but I haven’t gotten to play with it yet golfing with Wardy tomorrow so I’ll get there early and try it out...
c18d1b4f1058cd3e50ba9408678c16bc.heic
01221cc2db0a9c6b70577d974749c9a8.heic
c85dba8a11fd38300589030799e254e0.heic
d90aa61c5eb7520e307488dfb1ffbd6f.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s awesome! Mine came in Tuesday but I haven’t gotten to play with it yet golfing with Wardy tomorrow so I’ll get there early and try it out...

looking forward to your thoughts! will try hard to get mine out to the range tomorrow morning. head already feels a lot heavier having lost 1" going with a shorter shaft.

Are you still getting good results from the VTS red?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
So i got my first range session in nearly a month in, and I will say the red has continued to grow on me... while the silver seems easier to work, the red seems to yield a consistent, higher, straighter launch. It pairs really well with the steelhead 3w... I was shaking some rust off tonight, but the 3w seemed to be very directionally reliable surprisingly...

I still really like the silver with the 5w, but it is a little more responsive and doesn't seem to cover up the misses quite as well(which I needed tonight) as the red...

So i got my first range session in nearly a month in, and I will say the red has continued to grow on me... while the silver seems easier to work, the red seems to yield a consistent, higher, straighter launch. It pairs really well with the steelhead 3w... I was shaking some rust off tonight, but the 3w seemed to be very directionally reliable surprisingly...

I still really like the silver with the 5w, but it is a little more responsive and doesn't seem to cover up the misses quite as well(which I needed tonight) as the red...
I picked up a Silver for my driver and 3 wood. I will be trying them this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

silver performed admirably yesterday. i would like to put it in play on a course that wasn't so wet, but carry distance still had me in the 230-240 range, which is pretty damn good for me.

Had a great outing this weekend with the silver/5w combo. This thing was extremely reliable off of the tee, and was a big reason for a birdie on the #1 HDCP hole on the course... 5W/5W to 15 feet. The miss with this is very playable... for me it's usually a lower line drive that is straight and about 10 yards shorter than a well struck shot, I can live with that.

Grabbed a previous gen VTS Silver for my 5W to tinker with, if it goes well, I'm definitely jumping in on the new version.

Always been a VTS fan.

i sent my EPIC+VTS silver combo to @dwchockey for testing. it's a head issue with me, nothing to do with the shaft. i really like the shaft. high bombs with good spin, just can't get consistent with the head.

i sent my EPIC+VTS silver combo to @dwchockey for testing. it's a head issue with me, nothing to do with the shaft. i really like the shaft. high bombs with good spin, just can't get consistent with the head.

No longer in testing.... it’s in the bag

If I end up tinkering with a 5W over the winter I think a VTS would be a really nice shaft to throw in it. I'll have to hit up Master Le to get the recommendation though, I'm thinking he'll probably say silver though.

If I end up tinkering with a 5W over the winter I think a VTS would be a really nice shaft to throw in it. I'll have to hit up Master Le to get the recommendation though, I'm thinking he'll probably say silver though.
Danny will set you up

There is a lot of versatility in this lineup, I have been surprised with the tangible differences from silver to red, I have no doubt whatever Danny recommends being a winning combo for you.

Danny will set you up

There is a lot of versatility in this lineup, I have been surprised with the tangible differences from silver to red, I have no doubt whatever Danny recommends being a winning combo for you.

I'm a big fan of everything he's put me in so far, so I have no doubt he'll put me in another winner!

VTS has been on my radar since you guys went through #ShaftUp. Now that I'm considering putting another FW in the bag this line will get the first crack at it.

I'm a big fan of everything he's put me in so far, so I have no doubt he'll put me in another winner!

VTS has been on my radar since you guys went through #ShaftUp. Now that I'm considering putting another FW in the bag this line will get the first crack at it.
Nice!

It's great that they aren't ridiculously expensive also, i won't speak for you, but I don't personally want to drop 4 bills on a FW shaft

Nice!

It's great that they aren't ridiculously expensive also, i won't speak for you, but I don't personally want to drop 4 bills on a FW shaft

Very true! Also a reason I'm looking at this one in particular, great value! I've seen a few pulls on the Bay for next to nothing.

I put a VTS Silver in my 3 wood a couple years ago and it totally transformed that club for me. I have tried and tried, but there hasn't been anything even close to getting that out of my bag - and its not the clubhead. If I do ever upgrade it, (ok, when...) I'm 99% confident its going to have a VTS Silver in it.

Had a blast with the red and silver during some simulator golf! I was hitting the 5w with Silver 8f4 so well that my buddy wanted to give it a try. Fun fact, he can get after the ball and probably hovers around a 108SS with the driver producing a fairly aggressive move. He was surprised with how well this shaft held up, as he was consistently hitting baby draws carry 240-50. His comment was "man... I need to think about replacing my fairways"

Picked up a Apex 3 hybrid with a VTS Silver shaft today. Looking forward to seeing if it will replace my Heavenwood in that slot in the bag. Looking for more distance off the tee in 210 to 220 yard range. Specially against the wind.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've got a c300 2hy headed my way, and I'm trying to figure out which hybrid shaft to throw in it. Early contenders are VTS Red for added launch, VTS silver for its stability, or maybe even one of the proforce V2s depending on what info comes out about these in the future. I plan on picking Danny Le's brain a little bit too, as he was able to fit me into these wood shafts impeccably within a few swings (without me even hitting the shafts)

Really disappointed UPS lost my order for an Apex 3 hybrid with a VTS shaft. I was looking forward to hitting this combo and seeing if I should switch-out shafts in my
4&5 hybrids. CPO didn't have a replacement for 3 hybrid with a VTS shaft. They did refund my money tho.

Really disappointed UPS lost my order for an Apex 3 hybrid with a VTS shaft. I was looking forward to hitting this combo and seeing if I should switch-out shafts in my
4&5 hybrids. CPO didn't have a replacement for 3 hybrid with a VTS shaft. They did refund my money tho.

That stinks man! That would have been a solid combo for sure!

Tea, I've been looking for that combo since Rallo went to Shaft-up. Finally found it, then UPS losses it.

Tea, I've been looking for that combo since Rallo went to Shaft-up. Finally found it, then UPS losses it.

That's the worst man! Especially since it took you so long to find it, but at least CPO took care of you. Are they gonna notify you if it comes back?

That's the worst man! Especially since it took you so long to find it, but at least CPO took care of you. Are they gonna notify you if it comes back?

Yes either CPO or UPS. UPS said the package was empty when it arrived at the Eagan, MN. facility.

Yes either CPO or UPS. UPS said the package was empty when it arrived at the Eagan, MN. facility.

That is so strange, must have been a golfer in the chain of UPS employees that handled it. I really don't see an empty box going out from CPO. Maybe I'm wrong there though, but when I was down there it's just not something I would have thought possible.

Added the UST Mamiya 2017 VTS Silver shafts in my 4 & 5 hybrids. I could tell on the first swing I was going like these shafts. I hit very a tight dispersion with these with a little higher flight than I was getting before. The first shot was a straight towering 5 hybrid that took me by surprise. It was a lot higher than I was expecting. There was a slight wind in my face that didn't effect the flight at all. I think these are going to work rather well for me.

Back