UST Mamiya 2017 VTS woods shafts

rallo

#FYF
Reaction score
Handicap
goodenough
Per UST Mamiya: Designed exclusively for the TSPX Channel through feedback from professional and amateur golfers.

e2faf039e4946ae13f27e90eb5a94bd1.jpg
ddfccc0bf5e91666a24f4e4aa9dbb418.jpg
b3562295af29813d3cadbbf71e579476.jpg

Comes in black, silver, and red for low, mid, and high launch respectively. A ton of performance for a reasonable price, IMO.

What are you gaming or pondering?

Last edited:
I was fit into a VTS 7f4 in red for my 3w and I have enjoyed the extra launch so far, and can't wait to get to know this shaft a little better.
8da35086d4ac1eac8baf1c6841d9a4f0.jpg

The VTS silver 8f4 5w combo and I hit it off instantly, as the blend of stability and launch was impressive. I hope that this relationship continues!
f0cc72e59b51de484e067a540b9f3e6f.jpg

I'd be curious how that would compare to the 6 Star that I have been using in my SZ 3wood.. I'm still playing it at driver length and just choking it down.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Great thread! I've been curious about this line for a while.

The previous was one of my favorite lines, can't wait to try these new ones out.

i tested a vts red in a hybrid and loved it. i love the elements chrome+ and really like it, but always looking for a little more launch and a little more distance. ust has my attention these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So are these the same as the older VTS shafts, or just a new paint job? I absolutely love both of my silvers, the hybrid shaft is a freaking hero!

So are these the same as the older VTS shafts, or just a new paint job? I absolutely love both of my silvers, the hybrid shaft is a freaking hero!
Danny said that they have a similar profile as the older models, but have been tweaked slightly for performance.

That sounds awesome!

Guess I have to go get one now.... uh oh..

The VTS Silver 5w combo was working today! Had one from about 220 out with a tailwind that was just off of the green to the right and hole high.

Didn't get to hit the 3w today, but it has been working well at the range the combo with the steelhead 3W is helping with launch, especially on those that I catch a tad thin.

@rallo how has your launch been with previous FW? I've read in the Steelhead threads that some people are having trouble elevating the 3W, I guess the Red would probably help a lot of people who need a higher launch angle. It's a very intriguing combo and I might have to try a 5W out at some point with a VTS Silver or Black I think.

@rallo how has your launch been with previous FW? I've read in the Steelhead threads that some people are having trouble elevating the 3W, I guess the Red would probably help a lot of people who need a higher launch angle. It's a very intriguing combo and I might have to try a 5W out at some point with a VTS Silver or Black I think.
My old combo was gbb 816 alpha/rogue I/O and I really liked the combo, but I did hit some low, semi hooky, screamers with it as my miss tends to be lower and towards the toe.

The VTS Red really covers up this miss, as I've had a few hit extremely low on the face (we are talking leading edge just below the equator) that were able to get up and still carry within 10-15 yards of a solid strike while keeping a straight ball flight. I can't do apples to apples as this is a bonded driver, but I think the shaft is responsible for a lot of what I'm seeing.

High launch with added torque and mid-spin is your friend if you need a little help elevating the ball AND keeping it straight.

And yes, you need to try a silver or black in a 5w... I am loving the silver/5w right now.

back when I liked hybrids the previous versions shafts in them were the best!

My old combo was gbb 816 alpha/rogue I/O and I really liked the combo, but I did hit some low, semi hooky, screamers with it as my miss tends to be lower and towards the toe.

The VTS Red really covers up this miss, as I've had a few hit extremely low on the face (we are talking leading edge just below the equator) that were able to get up and still carry within 10-15 yards of a solid strike while keeping a straight ball flight. I can't do apples to apples as this is a bonded driver, but I think the shaft is responsible for a lot of what I'm seeing.

High launch with added torque and mid-spin is your friend if you need a little help elevating the ball AND keeping it straight.

And yes, you need to try a silver or black in a 5w... I am loving the silver/5w right now.

Nice feedback man! That combo is definitely on my radar, the Steelhead 5W off the deck or tee with a VTS sounds like $$$!

Nice feedback man! That combo is definitely on my radar, the Steelhead 5W off the deck or tee with a VTS sounds like $$$!
It is... I can already tell that it is going to be my tee box crutch... and that is huge for me

Stiff headwind tonight and once again the VTS silver/ 5w combo is a real winner.

I also came away impressed with the VTS Red, I figured it would balloon a little in these conditions being that it is a high launching shaft, but I didn't notice anything of that nature... these combos are a whole lot straighter than I'm used to from this spot in the bag... and it really shined in these conditions

Just popping in to say that I am sold on the VTS red 3w combo... easy launch... and I never thought I'd say this, but I LOVE TORQUE!

Rallo,
Have you continued to have success with this one?

Also interested. Can't get these out of my head!

Rallo,
Have you continued to have success with this one?

I'm still REALLY liking the VTS Silver/5w combo, especially out of the rough, and the VTS Red/3w combo is starting to heat up. I couldn't tell you if the Steelhead is a lower spinning head than the 816 alpha, but man does it pair well with this shaft. If someone is having some problems with launch and needs a little extra carry then they should give the VTS red a hard look.

This shaft has nearly eliminated the low screaming hook that can creep into my 3w game.

i'll post numbers when i have them from my trackman session today, but once the fitter had me implement a slight tweak to my address position, i was murdering the vts silver 6f4. holy cow did this feel so smooth and so explosive. it turned over better than any other shaft i tried, and i loved the launch and spin. and the price is great compared to a lot of other high end offerings. it's fun to get fit into a shaft that is 50% of what you were expecting.

this shaft shined with both the ping g400 and the callaway epic. i think that's a testament to how well it fit me, because i see those two heads as performing very differently.

Are you still getting good results from the VTS red?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Are you still getting good results from the VTS red?

Haven't played in about 3 weeks because my wife and I went to Greece. I'm hoping to get to the range this afternoon though

Haven't played in about 3 weeks because my wife and I went to Greece. I'm hoping to get to the range this afternoon though
Let us know how the range session goes...

FINALLY got word my VTS silver for my EPIC is on the truck for delivery today. i might try to do an early range session tomorrow morning, because i'm completely jammed up for the entire weekend. i have a scramble on monday, though, so i'll put it to work there too.

Back