UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

Love that selection. I think I’ll go up to 7F4, but I can’t decide between the purple or gunmetal. Leaning purple because I’m loving the riptide shaft I’ve got currently.
What are you looking for, profile wise? I haven’t found the gunmetal to be exceedingly low.

What are you looking for, profile wise? I haven’t found the gunmetal to be exceedingly low.
You know, I’m really not too worried about the launch part but I don’t want my spin numbers to drop too much. I’m guessing I’ll buy both and sell the one that doesn’t work out for me.

You know, I’m really not too worried about the launch part but I don’t want my spin numbers to drop too much. I’m guessing I’ll buy both and sell the one that doesn’t work out for me.

I originally tried out the Gunmetal but it was a bit to low on spin and launch for me. I have a pretty decent AoA all things considered so for me, the purple was a better choice to keep me in the right spin zone. At the bash, if I remember correctly the gunmetal gave me sub 2k spin rates a few times with 4-6 deg positive AoA. The purple bumped me up to between 2200 and 2400 and a couple degrees more launch.

I originally tried out the Gunmetal but it was a bit to low on spin and launch for me. I have a pretty decent AoA all things considered so for me, the purple was a better choice to keep me in the right spin zone. At the bash, if I remember correctly the gunmetal gave me sub 2k spin rates a few times with 4-6 deg positive AoA. The purple bumped me up to between 2200 and 2400 and a couple degrees more launch.
That’s where my head is at with what I’m expecting to see, which is why I’m favoring purple in the abstract but historically I’ve had good luck with low spin shafts.

That’s where my head is at with what I’m expecting to see, which is why I’m favoring purple in the abstract but historically I’ve had good luck with low spin shafts.
I would lean purple from what you are describing, but if you wanted to try side by side and the gunmetal isn’t the winner, the. I would take it off your hands if it’s a 7F4. I need one for my 3W.

I would lean purple from what you are describing, but if you wanted to try side by side and the gunmetal isn’t the winner, the. I would take it off your hands if it’s a 7F4. I need one for my 3W.
Well, well, well. It seems we have reached the point of win, win.

I am officially on the hunt for a LIN-Q Purple 6F4. Reading up on it I need to get one and run a comparison with my THCE and see what the gains might be. I love my Elements Chrome 6F4 and the purple matches up pretty close spec wise.

the more i play this, the more i love it...the purple intrigues me for the 3W.

I have been playing the purple 6f4 in my driver and have really liked it so far. I’m pretty sure I’m going to try find a gunmetal 6f4 to test this winter in sim league

I am officially on the hunt for a LIN-Q Purple 6F4. Reading up on it I need to get one and run a comparison with my THCE and see what the gains might be. I love my Elements Chrome 6F4 and the purple matches up pretty close spec wise.
that's the one I want to try too

I want one of these too. Need to find someone that wants to sell one cheap

I want one of these too. Need to find someone that wants to sell one cheap

First things first @golfinnut, your avatar is terrible! Let's go Pens!!!! :p Secondly, if you find a good hookup on these, please let me know. I'm looking for one but don't want to spend full retail to try something blindly.

First things first @golfinnut, your avatar is terrible! Let's go Pens!!!! :p Secondly, if you find a good hookup on these, please let me know. I'm looking for one but don't want to spend full retail to try something blindly.

Now now .... let's not derail the thread. :LOL: Go over to the hockey thread to see how much the Pens suck! For some reason I didn't see them in the playoffs?

Anyway. ... back to the Lin-Q. I need to send an email to @DannyLe & see if he can hook me up. :cool: I'd like to hit one :golf2: before I commit that much cash. Maybe @JB or @Jman has one laying around their not using. :unsure:

Got to see @Prince94 in action last night during our Men’s league. I’d say he easily picked up 15 yards off the tee with his new LIN-Q Purple. Easily.

Now now .... let's not derail the thread. :LOL: Go over to the hockey thread to see how much the Pens suck! For some reason I didn't see them in the playoffs?

Anyway. ... back to the Lin-Q. I need to send an email to @DannyLe & see if he can hook me up. :cool: I'd like to hit one :golf2: before I commit that much cash. Maybe @JB or @Jman has one laying around their not using. :unsure:

Im shocked you are asking for free stuff. Shocked. :ROFLMAO:

Im shocked you are asking for free stuff. Shocked. :ROFLMAO:
I'm just trying to help you keep your new place neat & tidy ... you know ... you don't want too many shafts laying around cluttering up the new hitting bay :sneaky:

I'm just trying to help you keep your new place neat & tidy ... you know ... you don't want too many shafts laying around cluttering up the new hitting bay :sneaky:

d50f07efebd8d26fe0d23e19736e3e45.jpg

UST Bombs from last night!

Back