UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

Its been a long time since I posted, but after my round in Florida yesterday I felt the need. My driver game has been wandering in the desert for a few years. Original M1 with Rogue Silver 70x was as good as it ever was. But I've gotten older and settled in on a Speeder 665 x which has been a fairway finder but I always felt at impact like I was losing something. Fitted into RUL 70 Type C but always had a bad heel miss then HZRDUS black 6.5 78g which was good but inconsistent. That shaft has been great in my 3 wood. Job change and life stuff finally aside in 2020 and I stumbled upon a TM fitting day at a local course and showed up with my M5 tour with the speeder in it. The fitter immediately put LIN-Q Gunmetal 6F5 in a SIM 9 for me and the feel was sublime. Exactly what I had been looking for at impact, not the mushy feel I was used to and yet not harsh or rebar like. 10 yard further and more accurate. I finally got one for my M5 Tour in late August and it has been bombs away since. Playing partners astounded at my added distance that makes our home course in Wisconsin a different ballgame. I hope to get a new SIM 3 wood likely with this same shaft to see if I get some of my lost distance back. This shaft is what I have been in search of for a few years and can't believe how good it is for me. FWIW I am high launch high spin.

It is so crazy to me how much of a change the LIN-Q Gunmetal has made with my driving. My accuracy has been the best it ever has been, and distance has been outstanding. I just focus on a smooth swing and the ball goes. I have tried some other driver and shaft combinations since I got the LIN-Q in February but none have given me the same stable feeling that I have with this shaft. I love to make changes to the latest and greatest, but I just can't see the Speedzone/LIN-Q combo leaving my bag this year.

I won a LIN-Q purple in a UST IG contest. I can’t wait to drop it in the Speedzone Xtreme and see how it plays for me.

I won a LIN-Q purple in a UST IG contest. I can’t wait to drop it in the Speedzone Xtreme and see how it plays for me.
It’s a fantastic combo for me.

Yeah, its going to blow your mind. What flex and weight did you get?

That's a combo that would be fun to try for sure! If my next couple of tinkerings don't work out, LIN-Q purple might have to be the next one to try.

FedEx dropped this off this morning. Can’t wait to get the adapter to get it and the grip installed.

A0F67CB2-23C5-4583-9E91-9492A4CF6BA1.jpeg
39BE0010-8DE3-44AB-8001-C51EDB05F31D.jpeg

Dropped my Masters Edition LIN-Q from the Villa Crawl at Hammock Beach off at the LGS store today. Getting an MCC Plus4 Mid-size grip installed, and a Callaway adapter so I can pair it up with my B21. Really excited to take some hacks with it! @Afizzle2100, have you decided if you're going to put yours in play?

Dropped my Masters Edition LIN-Q from the Villa Crawl at Hammock Beach off at the LGS store today. Getting an MCC Plus4 Mid-size grip installed, and a Callaway adapter so I can pair it up with my B21. Really excited to take some hacks with it! @Afizzle2100, have you decided if you're going to put yours in play?

That should be a great combo!

That should be a great combo!
I'm pretty excited to try it out. I'm far, far, faaarrrr from a shaft expert, but when @DannyLe tells me the LIN-Q will be better than the RCH I listen :D

haven’t gotten mine gripped yet and fitted with the adapter as I’ve been swamped at work. However once February rolls around I am absolutely going to get it prepped. I plan on using it only during Masters week (if it’s warm enough to play) and the rest of the time have it displayed in my home office!

haven’t gotten mine gripped yet and fitted with the adapter as I’ve been swamped at work. However once February rolls around I am absolutely going to get it prepped. I plan on using it only during Masters week (if it’s warm enough to play) and the rest of the time have it displayed in my home office!
Nice man! Yeah, if it's as awesome as I think it might be I'll probably game it full time. I just dropped mine off today so next Monday I'll call and see if it's done. Once I pick it up I'll have to plug the B21 in it and take a few swings on the sim :LOL:

Nice man! Yeah, if it's as awesome as I think it might be I'll probably game it full time. I just dropped mine off today so next Monday I'll call and see if it's done. Once I pick it up I'll have to plug the B21 in it and take a few swings on the sim :LOL:
I need to find a place I trust to put a Hogan tip on it and cut to length. Then I play compare it with the Lin-Q Purple i am already gaming.

what grip did you select? I know you said MCC midsize, but more importantly what color scheme :LOL:

what grip did you select? I know you said MCC midsize, but more importantly what color scheme :LOL:
They only had the grey on the midsize plus 4. I'm fine with that...the color scheme of that shaft would have been pretty tough to match outside of custom ordering 🤣

Purple eater in a SIM Rocket head is no joke

Attachments

• 9FB6E431-BD8C-48ED-A4EB-032F80120D77.jpeg
    9FB6E431-BD8C-48ED-A4EB-032F80120D77.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 17
  • 6E900329-8291-4937-9844-8542B7B911F2.jpeg
    6E900329-8291-4937-9844-8542B7B911F2.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 14
4219540F-E26E-43E0-AFCD-007CB069A66A.jpegDDAB7422-216A-4713-98D9-4543F83A2D2E.jpeg
Was fit into this shaft in Vegas 🎲🎰 by Danny :UST: and have thoroughly impressed by its performance. Going into the fitting with Danny I had figured I would be put into the Helium but was able to produce even better numbers with this shaft on the GC Quad at the range. My numbers were in the 2200 spin range, launching between 12-14 degrees and I had gained a considerable amount of ball speed over my gamer and even 3-4 mph over the Helium in the fitting. Had some swing issues on day one in Vegas which resulted in some pulls but was able to correct in day two and hit some nice drives, and better yet the fairway. This evening at the range I was able to really get dialed in and finally was able to listen fully to Danny’s advice :)banghead: seems so simple now) and be aggressive with my swing and the results where incredible to watch as it was easily the most consistent I have ever hit the driver and the flight was a penetrating baby fade that had great roll out on the shots. Tee time this weekend and hope I am able to give another update on how this shaft performs during the round. Did I mention the graphics as the LIN-Q itself looks incredible with the way it was designed to crisscross and read both directions up and down.

UST Mamiya LIN-Q Black 6F4 44.5” Mizuno ST-X 11.625 U

View attachment 9005586View attachment 9005592
Was fit into this shaft in Vegas 🎲🎰 by Danny :UST: and have thoroughly impressed by its performance. Going into the fitting with Danny I had figured I would be put into the Helium but was able to produce even better numbers with this shaft on the GC Quad at the range. My numbers were in the 2200 spin range, launching between 12-14 degrees and I had gained a considerable amount of ball speed over my gamer and even 3-4 mph over the Helium in the fitting. Had some swing issues on day one in Vegas which resulted in some pulls but was able to correct in day two and hit some nice drives, and better yet the fairway. This evening at the range I was able to really get dialed in and finally was able to listen fully to Danny’s advice :)banghead: seems so simple now) and be aggressive with my swing and the results where incredible to watch as it was easily the most consistent I have ever hit the driver and the flight was a penetrating baby fade that had great roll out on the shots. Tee time this weekend and hope I am able to give another update on how this shaft performs during the round. Did I mention the graphics as the LIN-Q itself looks incredible with the way it was designed to crisscross and read both directions up and down.

UST Mamiya LIN-Q Black 6F4 44.5” Mizuno ST-X 11.625 U

This is very cool. Is this the first LIN-Q black I have seen? I seem to recall seeing perhaps Red, White and Blue models on their Instagram a few weeks ago. Graphics seem revised as well from the tour protos. Is there anything you can share on new LIN-Q model range or when more info might be coming?

Back