UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

So for someone’s who’s been a little out of the loop lately, what is the story with the new graphics? SPX version?
:UST: TSPX (tour spec) is a lineup that is available through fitters. The LIN-Q version in that lineup has a black (low/low), blue (med/med), and red (high/high).

:UST: TSPX (tour spec) is a lineup that is available through fitters. The LIN-Q version in that lineup has a black (low/low), blue (med/med), and red (high/high).
I was wondering where mine fell in the launch spectrum. Thanks for this info!

So you playing 44.5 like me? That is same feeling I'm having less swiping at it but need to eliminate toe, move closer I assume due to loss of length.
I need to measure it as I haven’t measured the others but I’m guessing that probably the length.

Had the LIN-Q Black in play today first real comparable test of where I was lying at on the course to compare distances. Pleased beyond belief with this in the ST-X and the distance I’ve gained off the tee. The feel on the shaft during the swing is great would recommend if anyone has a chance to give the lineup a try to see how it compares to the current shaft in your bag. Can’t say enough how getting the right spin, launch, and more ball speed makes the game much more enjoyable. Especially from the fairway more often.F964C803-A8F4-41B7-877D-BA00F0E21AF6.jpeg

92A10606-A822-4C7A-9B11-2A26E6D3561D.jpeg
I’ve been really pleased with the LIN-Q Black and had easily my best driving day to date with the setup. I can finally say I had a flip wedge into a green after hitting a great drive to the center of the fairway on 5. Tees were back and the dew made the course play longer but I didn’t hit a single drive shorter than my previous longest strokes off the tee. Can’t say enough on how this shaft feels in the swing and most importantly what it was able to do for my driving. Admittedly driver was by far the worst part of my game and now I enjoy it as I can’t wait to Rory trot up to the tee and absolutely smack the ball around and have a chance of getting to the green in 2 on par 4’s with mid iron or less and having 9 or less in on a par 5’s after D then a nice layup in, which is big for me and it all sets up off the tee for me. Danny was a genius for getting me into this setup and I enjoy knowing I can cover corners off the tee or take tighter lines (sometimes a little too tight) off the tee because I don’t have to worry about spraying it off the tee straight into the crap when I step up to the tee.

So a few items to note about this shaft (Lin-Q black TSPX concept). I took a trip to California and had 99 holes to have this thing prove its worth. Well not only did it prove its worth it had a few celebrity shots taken with it...

Celebrity first - Admiration is putting is lightly... Someone that tried qualifying for US Open hit this and realized That Danny and team were on to something... Picked up the drive combo and fell in love with the feel on a few practice swings... Time to tell with the first poke... Left literally a chip shot to the hole. Obviously he enjoyed that swing... Then commented on balance and ability to go after it (my favorite parts).

Now onto some of my. Thoughts from trip... Slow and steady wins the race to the back and then you can turn on this on... Unleash the power by being aggressive! Misses were lessened and mostly eliminated right unless hands got complacent. Then slice was minimized. Honestly if I were tracking I'd say 90% of drives were left first cut to left center fwy. Not exaggerated. Miss was a pull but by the end this thing was grooving.

Love the consistency of the 44.5... First cuts and Fairways are much easier to score from

Last edited:
Not sure who gets credit on this one... But today was stupid easy driving show down at the Quarry! 11/14 Fairways hit generally right in the middle aside from one off to the right. It was fluid and long. I am a shorter hitter but had 272 today... Ball flight was awesome

Absolutely love the LIN-Q Black. The feel on this shaft is incredible throughout the entire swing. Had my best and most consistent day of driving today and was really pleased with how this performs. Can’t say enough how important it is to get fit properly and find a shaft that feels great to you. I’ve gained considerable distance over my old shaft as well as dispersion beyond my belief. Especially after the last Shaft Up where @fuffle master was fit into the Blue I can’t recommend enough getting your hands on one of these TSPX LIN-Q for a fitting or test just to see how well they could work out for you.

Absolutely love the LIN-Q Black. The feel on this shaft is incredible throughout the entire swing. Had my best and most consistent day of driving today and was really pleased with how this performs. Can’t say enough how important it is to get fit properly and find a shaft that feels great to you. I’ve gained considerable distance over my old shaft as well as dispersion beyond my belief. Especially after the last Shaft Up where @fuffle master was fit into the Blue I can’t recommend enough getting your hands on one of these TSPX LIN-Q for a fitting or test just to see how well they could work out for you.

Agree. Being fit into the correct shaft will make a huge difference in people’s game. I can’t wait to get the LinQ Blue out at a hone course this week. I found the shaft incredible comfortable and could feel the swing more on my nicer drives at Bellerive.

Agree. Being fit into the correct shaft will make a huge difference in people’s game. I can’t wait to get the LinQ Blue out at a hone course this week. I found the shaft incredible comfortable and could feel the swing more on my nicer drives at Bellerive.
Kinda shocking to see once you play courses you are familiar with and can compare where you are hitting your approaches from. What length did you end up with?

So I was pretty happy hitting the back green at the driving range last time we'll due to schedule and my lapse of a brain no golf this week. Driving range it was and I was flying the last green and either one hopping wall or air to the net directly... Best part everything on line down the middle.

Using the LinQ Blue in the driver has a great smooth feeling. I really feel like I can go more after my drives with this shaft. Has a nice lower, but not too low ball flight for my swing speed (90mph)

Ironically, my son stole my LinQ Purple shaft and said he isn’t giving it back. 😂

Range time this morning with the Lin-Q Black and cannot say enough how well this shaft plays when you get aggressive with it in the swing and it flies straight. Was able to hit nice drives with a slightest fade on the end of it with a wind helping it produce that flight. I’d say with no wind drives would have been dead straight as they just seemed to shoot off the face of the ST-X. Can’t wait for the scramble tomorrow driving like I am.

Where are you guys buying the Lin-Q Blue??

Where are you guys buying the Lin-Q Blue??
It is at UST Mamiya TSPX dealers they have a dealer locator or I think Billy Bob’s golf online sells them as well.

For the guys that have tried the new M40X version in black, blue or red any more thoughts? How does it compare to the ventus line? Ive had a gunmetal LINQ previously and want to try the newer line however no TSPX dealers me in Australia.

I have to say after playing multiple rounds with the Lin-Q Blue shaft, if you are looking for a premium lighter weight, incredibly stable, smooth feeling shaft the Lin-Q shaft is one to highly consider.

When @DannyLe gave me the Lin-Q Blue shaft to try, I really was impressed with how easily I could feel the head and swing as hard as needed. The shaft has a beautiful mid flight and my spin numbers are right in line to maximize my carry and roll. I swing high 80’s - low 90’s and getting a consistent 230-240 distance. My Arccos Smart distance has increased by 7 yards. Plus, more fairways to boot.

I did see the shaft is available at certain dealers and if you can get your hands on one to try you really owe it to yourself to put this in your driver and test it out. Well worth it.

Lin-q Gunmetal incoming. I can’t wait to try it with the SZ and SZ Extreme. I have been infatuated since hitting a buddies’ at a driving range

Lin-q Gunmetal incoming. I can’t wait to try it with the SZ and SZ Extreme. I have been infatuated since hitting a buddies’ at a driving range
It’s crazy how smooth and stable that shaft is.

I can say that the shaft has definitely limited the miss, but also allows me to gain some distance.... Unfortunately i didnt have Arccos before the LINQ and STX, but here is a look at driving data now.Screenshot_20210623-090513.jpg

Not crazy long but I'm getting there... Just need to work on finding the center of the face and watch out!

Funny this thread popped up. Almost tipped the LinQ Masters Edition this morning. Might do it tonight. :unsure:

I can say that the shaft has definitely limited the miss, but also allows me to gain some distance.... Unfortunately i didnt have Arccos before the LINQ and STX, but here is a look at driving data now.View attachment 9014139

Not crazy long but I'm getting there... Just need to work on finding the center of the face and watch out!
We need to get together soon so I can see this combo in play!

I really need to try this shaft. Havent' had any luck with any of the fitters in my area. Might have to make a purchase.

Someone save me from reading 30 pages of this thread and give me a comparison to another shaft for the Gunmetal.

Back