UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

Someone save me from reading 30 pages of this thread and give me a comparison to another shaft for the Gunmetal.
It’s hard for me to compare because there are so many that I have not hit. But for me and what I have played, I would say it feels a lot like my EvenFlow Blue, but way more stable and not as much as an active tip. I feel like I can be more aggressive with the LIN-Q Gunmetal and not sacrifice accuracy. I am also hitting the ball father.

I am sure there is a better comparison out there, but I don’t know it.

It’s hard for me to compare because there are so many that I have not hit. But for me and what I have played, I would say it feels a lot like my EvenFlow Blue, but way more stable and not as much as an active tip. I feel like I can be more aggressive with the LIN-Q Gunmetal and not sacrifice accuracy. I am also hitting the ball father.

I am sure there is a better comparison out there, but I don’t know it.
Thanks. If it launches as high as EFB it wouldn't work for me but the mention of a stiffer tip is a good thing. I've been gaming a Tensei white for awhile and its a pretty good fit for my swing it seems but ya know...internet golfer haha

The description on UST website literally makes it sounds perfect for me so I guess we will see.

Someone save me from reading 30 pages of this thread and give me a comparison to another shaft for the Gunmetal.
I don't have mine yet, but I remember it being lower launch than my Atmos Blue. I play my SZ at 8 degrees with Atmos Blue and it still launches a little high and was hitting the SZ Extreme about the perfect launch window at 9.5 or 10.5 if I recall. It felt similar to my Ventus Blue that also launches lower than the Atmos, but I remember it being a little more controllable for me. That might be in my head because the Ventus I have is standard length and the Lin-Q and Atmos are both shorter (tour length). Saturday I went back to the Atmos after 6 months playing Ventus and hit it straighter but shorter.

Thanks. If it launches as high as EFB it wouldn't work for me but the mention of a stiffer tip is a good thing. I've been gaming a Tensei white for awhile and its a pretty good fit for my swing it seems but ya know...internet golfer haha

The description on UST website literally makes it sounds perfect for me so I guess we will see.
I loved the EFB. I feel the LIN-Q purple is more stable and, although it launches a bit lower than my preference, I don't fear the snap hook miss nearly as much if I'm a little more aggressive. The purple and SZ Extreme have taken a good bit of draw out of my usual ball flight. It's still a draw but I can aim in the fairway and stay in the fairway on a good swing.

With gunmetal being lower spin and launching than the purple, it could be a good fit for you.

I’m not a high launcher, so I don’t know if I can help you there. But I cannot speak highly enough about the LIN-Q Gunmetal. I love it.

SO...put the LinQ gunmetal right in play today. Sadly I made the mistake of installing an Align grip this morning so I couldn't adjust the loft on my cobra adapter :cautious:. That being said I love the looks and feel of the shaft. What I did love was that the ball flight did not appear to be spinny at all, I didn't have any of the high spinny fades that I see from time to time. What I didn't love was the launch was pretty darn high for playing driver at 9.5*. If I had to guess I'd say I was in the 16-17* window. However since ball flight wasn't spinny the distance was still there including a few bombs. I think I'm going to have to waste a grip and install a new regular grip on it so I can make some adjustments. But there is some potential here I think.

I got this shaft to the range today and it felt great. I messed around with the weights and settings and ended up dialing it in pretty well. I need a new grip for it, but this is a keeper.

Played another round with the LinQ gunmetal again today. This time I changed balls to the new Chrome Soft X. Noticeably lower ball flight than I experienced last round, ball was in play on every hole except one and I blame the rain for me grabbing the club with my right hand and hooking it OB. I love the looks and feel of this shaft. As mentioned before I am kind of bummed I put a GP Align grip on it because I think if I adjusted this down to 8.5 it might be perfection. Either way having some fun with the Cobra F9 right now paired with this shaft.

Gotta give props to both the LinQ Purple and Blue shafts.

I have been using these two shafts in my Drivers and without question, they have been incredible.

I used the Blue on my long Driver and have a nice lower penetrating ball flight. I have increased my fairway percentage to over 50% the last two rounds. My son, who literally started playing golf this past fall and has only broken 100 twice, hit an amazing drive of 291 yards right down the pike just a few days ago using this driver and shaft. Naturally, he now has caught the golf bug and tried to steal my driver. Yeah, not a chance

The LinQ Purple is on my shorter Driver. That is the driver when I am looking to just hit a safe straight high drive. My second driver is set at 12.5 degree. This shaft has a higher flight and damn if it isn't just a straight as an arrow.

Both shafts continue to feel great throughout the swing and I can feel the head better than other shafts I have used.

I heart LINQ
That is all.

This thread popping back up reminded me how much I love the LIN-Q Black. I’ve been driving the ball the best I had ever dreamed or hoped I had. The feel and performance in this shaft has been great, my fairway percentage has been steadily heading upward biggest problem I find is I have to remind myself to aim a lot straighter than towards the left edge. Huge thanks to Danny for creating this driver setup as it is by far my favorite club in the bag.

I’m still gaming my Gunmetal Masters shaft. It so beautiful, but I feel it’s a bit much for me. So I will be getting a Callaway adapter installed on my LinQ Purple soon.

The Google monster can only find Purple and Gunmetal online. Where are y'all buying the Blue and Black shafts??????

I’m still gaming my Gunmetal Masters shaft. It so beautiful, but I feel it’s a bit much for me. So I will be getting a Callaway adapter installed on my LinQ Purple soon.
Soooooo, you selling the masters shaft?🧐

The Google monster can only find Purple and Gunmetal online. Where are y'all buying the Blue and Black shafts??????
UST Mamiya TSPX dealers, or I believe Billy Bob’s Golf sells them online out of California.

I still have the Gunmetal in the bag. It’s so good.

The winner of the last PGA Tour event had LINQ Gunmetal in the bag.

I got fit for the LINQ Gunmetal x flex 78 gram 3 weeks ago with the TM Max2 9 degree head. My issue when swing gets wonky is a duck hook. Head is set lower so 8.25 loft and 1.5 open. I tested this combo against a few others and this was by far the most left proof of them all. I was hitting the Callaway Mavrik TD SZ.

I also tested same head with several different shafts but will confirm that for my swing this shaft is SO stable. And when my swing is good wow!

Ive played maybe 8 rounds since and every one of them I’m impressed with how this shaft performs with the bad swings.

Have played many shafts and thisone is right up there From a feel perspective. So smooth.

Can’t believe this shaft doesn’t get more publicity, but elated the fitter put me in this one. Great looks as well.

Congratulations UST on such a great shaft and thank you!!

Played 18 after work today and can’t say enough about this shaft as it flat out performs for me off the tee. Had always been a shorter hitter off the tee, but have consistently been just behind or even with most of the longer hitters I typically play with as compared to much further behind and usually wayward. Danny really knocked this one out of the park @mancest and @BuckNasty are in for a treat when they get fit.

Back