UST Mamiya LIN-Q Shaft

LOVING this shaft right now.......

Put the gunmetal version in my m5 yesterday and can't wait to play Saturday. hit the range yesterday and loved the flight I saw!.. m5 for me has always had a mid-high launch but right away I could see the flight lower.

Its so stable and smooth at the same time. There's never a time where I feel like I overpower the shaft. Im always under control with this in my hands and damn the shaft feels great!....... Also with this in my m6 3w its a monster. Low-medium flight missiles all day. There's very minimal curve with both shafts, just wants to go dead straight.

As much as I dont want the nice weather to go away, im very intrigued to see how these perform in the wind. Ive always seen a penetrating flight with both shafts that just goes and goes and goes cuz of the low spin. I think in to the wind once October hits these will really hold up well

0DCC828E-4462-4400-BC46-18A0E42D2F75.jpeg

Every time this thread gets bumped, I get jealous! I’d love to get this on a launch monitor.

Man this this is really slick! All the subtle graphics are awesome touches! Can't wait to get some swings on it!
c0c1535bfde7342de660731df83182c6.jpg
2efdbe05b78e208451f01085bedbd08b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This shaft is so accurate!!! Missed only 5 fairways but 3 of them were 2 yards off . I’ve said it before but with this shaft it’s as easy as aim and shoot. Very minimal side movement in the air. My entire bag setup is new this year and this LinQ shaft is the best piece of equipment I got this year
6d2e97530c2a1bbf4de0d01bb5f041a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny said the red/white/blue shaft is the black profile low launch/spin. The purple profile is more of the ATTAS profile softer mid/high launch/spin

Tried an Oban Black yesterday vs the Lin-Q just to compare and it definitely shows how important the shaft is. I had a wild one pulled way left with the LinQ but other than that the dispersion was much more accurate. Both shafts were the 60g range but felt so different. 5mph ball speed difference ....
6a96a36522d37fa290f21369529bc0e9.jpg

That's awesome

Tried an Oban Black yesterday vs the Lin-Q just to compare and it definitely shows how important the shaft is. I had a wild one pulled way left with the LinQ but other than that the dispersion was much more accurate. Both shafts were the 60g range but felt so different. 5mph ball speed difference ....

Wow, that's crazy and not something i need to see because it just makes me want to try every shaft ever created LOL

Danny said the red/white/blue shaft is the black profile low launch/spin. The purple profile is more of the ATTAS profile softer mid/high launch/spin

file (5).jpg

Hole hell this shaft is a beast! Consistently carrying way over my landing spot for my other shafts, and just piercing straight flight
20190928_132329.jpg

Battling with the v2
20190928_131207.jpg

Nice!!!! I like how you did the logo up.

That’s really impressive. What shaft is in the cortex?

Be curious to test out that black shaft compared to my HZRDUS shaft........

That’s really impressive. What shaft is in the cortex?

In the cortex, Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7x.... its something I've fit in to before so I knew Id swing it well. But the cortex head is pretty damn good too

Be curious to test out that black shaft compared to my HZRDUS shaft........

assuming by your signature im guessing HZRDUS black?? if so the gunmetal lin-q is much smoother than the HZRDUS black. Its a low launch / low spin and slightly counter balanced. Its also very stable!! Theres never a time where ive felt like I overpower the shaft. It even feels better than the HZRDUS yellow

The closest feeling shaft I can compare it to is Tensei Pro Orange..... In terms of performance tho there is nothing even close to what the Lin-Q has done for me. Ive had this in the hogan driver and now the M5. In both heads ive averaged 2100 - 2200 spin. Even with the worst push/slice ive hit in a simulator the spin is still below 3000

assuming by your signature im guessing HZRDUS black?? if so the gunmetal lin-q is much smoother than the HZRDUS black. Its a low launch / low spin and slightly counter balanced. Its also very stable!! Theres never a time where ive felt like I overpower the shaft. It even feels better than the HZRDUS yellow

This is my concern.....which is very intriguing to me. Would love to compare for sure.

This is my concern.....which is very intriguing to me. Would love to compare for sure.

you should be fine.. for what its worth ive always been a 70g+ X flex in my driver. When I got fit for this, Danny actually put me in the 60g and its been incredible. My Cortex driver I have the 70g tour spec black and swing that no problem. But the 60g Lin-Q holds up just fine. I tried the 70g x at the shaft up event and had no issues with it, but performance wise the 60g worked best

you should be fine.. for what its worth ive always been a 70g+ X flex in my driver. When I got fit for this, Danny actually put me in the 60g and its been incredible. My Cortex driver I have the 70g tour spec black and swing that no problem. But the 60g Lin-Q holds up just fine. I tried the 70g x at the shaft up event and had no issues with it, but performance wise the 60g worked best

Interesting. The reason for the heavier shaft in mine is to feel like its slowing my swing down. I feel with a lighter shaft I get to quick then my dispersion suffers. With the heavier shaft I feel more in control if that makes sense.....

Interesting. The reason for the heavier shaft in mine is to feel like its slowing my swing down. I feel with a lighter shaft I get to quick then my dispersion suffers. With the heavier shaft I feel more in control if that makes sense.....

yea definitely makes sense. Im the same way...it definitely took an adjustment period to feel in control with the 60g. But if you could find a 70g x it will feel much better than the hzrdus black

yea definitely makes sense. Im the same way...it definitely took an adjustment period to feel in control with the 60g. But if you could find a 70g x it will feel much better than the hzrdus black

That's saying something cause I like the HZRDUS black shaft. Color me intrigued!

Hit 8 of 10 fairways I had the driver on yesterday.. the 2 misses were the 1st and 3rd holes as I didn't have really any warmup or practice time.

Well 1 was a just in the cut because it carried to far it nearly went into the water that almost splits the fairway, but I'm still counting it

I seem to have gained not just consistency but also a good 10 yards.

Want to get this shaft on the ES15 the range behind me installed to compare numbers

Definitely the most consistent (accurate) shaft ive ever played...and im sure you gained 10+ yards! The way it kills spin is amazing. Such a strong, flat flight that keeps going and going

I have one in my 3w too and ill tee off with that sometimes just b/c its so fun to hit also.

Back