UST Mamiya RECOIL DART Shafts

I guess that's what iron shafts are suppose to do??? Now if only we can make putting better :cool: .
Yeah. I'll have to grab some when they come out next year! I have got the all in shaft right now and it has made lag putts so much more consistent!!

I put a DART 75 F4 in my set AW. I think I made a huge mistake. This was going to be my test club and if I liked it I’d consider reshafting the rest of the set. I have Recoil 110 F4 shafts in my irons. Ever since I started getting fit for clubs I‘ve been fit into heavy shafts. I have a long, aggressive, hit style transition. The club fitters have always said heavier is better for my swing.

My AW did great. I liked the weight and the feel. I never lost the head in my swing. I was able to hit effortless, high, piercing shots. I probably should get on a launch monitor but I saw what I needed to see. Now I need to test it in my Apex 21 DCB 4i. If I see the same thing I’m reshafting everything. My 4i is a liability right now so if this improves it… Oh, baby. I stepped on one of my approach shots and the DART was just as stable as a smoother swing. I hit a partial wedge and I had the feel I was looking for. I’ve got high expectations for the DART 75.

I guess that's what iron shafts are suppose to do??? Now if only we can make putting better :cool: .
You all should make it better like around Thanksgiving or Christmas instead of 2023. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

How much more confidence have the new shafts provided to your game vs your old gamers?

How much more confidence have the new shafts provided to your game vs your old gamers?
I don’t fear the left or right miss like a wipey fade or a hard draw. The stability of the shaft is nice as it allows for consistent delivery. I’ve enjoyed them quite a bit and am quite impressed with how easy I felt comfortable with them.

Confidence has increased since installing the DARTS. It's possible there is more to it than just a shaft change but dispersion is signficantly tighter since making the switch.

I'll be waiting patiently for these to release so I can have a set next year. Reviewers are continuing to do a great job in here!

These shafts are good. I still feel that they are a little light. I think they would be perfect in a 115-120 gram range. But that is a personal thing.

Loving all I’m reading in this thread!

It has been nice for me. I have struggled finding my swing again after time off, but the performance with these has definitely given me a confidence boost. I mean, i had 4 pars the last 9 holes i played, which is pretty freaking cool for me and where i am at right now. Loving it and hope it continues.

These shafts are good. I still feel that they are a little light. I think they would be perfect in a 115-120 gram range. But that is a personal thing.

I can understand this feeling, as i tend to prefer heavier shafts myself. For me, these have been nice being a little heavier than the 680's i had been playing but feeling like they can handle even more swing than i can put on them. Pretty damn cool.

Last edited:
Going to get out again tomorrow to hit the range and a 9 hole par 3 course. Should be fun with these.

Have 4 rounds scheduled this weekend so will definitely have some more thoughts soon.

Sounds like you all are having a blast with these. What’s been the biggest take away or surprise so far for you all?

Sounds like you all are having a blast with these. What’s been the biggest take away or surprise so far for you all?
Dispersion

How are you guys evaluating dispersion? For example, is the difference an increase in GIR?

Mine has been stability in a lesser flex. I have absolutely zero issues with these in terms of feel, flight or anything else. Just a set that continues to be enjoyable.

Mine has been stability in a lesser flex. I have absolutely zero issues with these in terms of feel, flight or anything else. Just a set that continues to be enjoyable.
What would you say the benefit is of moving to the lesser flex?

Really like the thoughts in here guys. The idea of having more stability and better dispersion has me awfully curious. I’ll be adding the current darts to my must try list for October, and keeping my eyes on this thread!

Really like the thoughts in here guys. The idea of having more stability and better dispersion has me awfully curious. I’ll be adding the current darts to my must try list for October, and keeping my eyes on this thread!
Two of the top two things we should all look for in our shafts to help us do! These are 🔥🔥

What would you say the benefit is of moving to the lesser flex?
For me it was about fit. Danny thought it was a good fit and he was right. Too stiff can be a nightmare for me.

How are you guys evaluating dispersion? For example, is the difference an increase in GIR?
I’m basing it on visual ball flight. As I’ve mentioned a few times with the set I’m gaming I’ve been missing left a lot. Since installing these shafts I’ve seen that big left miss essentially reduced to slight draw. I can’t say for sure why exactly… meaning is it a feel thing or the shaft design itself but I’d like to think it’s the shaft design and profile.

Back